When it comes to small bathroom design, every inch counts. That’s why a spa-like shower bench can be a great addition to your space. Whether you have a small bathroom or a spacious one, a shower bench can elevate your showering experience to the next level.
There are many ways you can incorporate a shower bench into your bathroom. One popular option is to have the bench mounted on the wall above the shower head. This not only creates a visually appealing look, but also provides a convenient space to sit and relax while the water is running.
If you’re looking for a more seamless look, you can opt for an invisible shower bench. This type of bench is fitted into the shower walls, making it blend in beautifully with the overall design of the bathroom. It’s a modern and trendy option that will make your bathroom feel more luxurious.
Another popular trend in shower bench design is using natural materials such as wood or limestone. These materials add warmth and a touch of luxury to your bathroom. Whether you prefer a wooden bench that perfectly matches the wooden tones in your bathroom, or a shower bench made from limestone tiles that create a spa-like feel, incorporating natural materials can create a stunning look.
Designers are also getting creative with shower benches by making them multifunctional. Some benches have built-in storage where you can store your toiletries, keeping them within arm’s reach while you shower. Others have a back that can be easily adjusted to different angles, allowing you to find the most comfortable position while you shower.
Ultimately, the best shower bench ideas will be the ones that match your personal style and the overall vibe of your bathroom. Whether you’re looking for a small, minimalist bench that fits nicely into a corner, or a large, statement-making bench that becomes the focal point of the whole room, there are plenty of options to choose from.
So, if you’re considering adding a shower bench to your bathroom, browse through our collection of 10 inspiring ideas. We’re sure you’ll find something that will make your showering experience even more enjoyable.
Shower bench ideas
Having a shower bench in your bathroom can add both functionality and visual appeal to your space. Whether you’re looking for a place to sit and relax while showering or simply need extra storage for your toiletries, a shower bench can be a great addition. Here are some shower bench ideas to inspire you:
- 1. Invisible glass bench: For a modern and minimalist look, consider installing an invisible glass bench. This sleek design blends seamlessly into the showering area, making it appear as if there is no bench at all.
- 2. Designer mosaic seat: If you want to add a pop of color and pattern to your shower, opt for a designer mosaic seat. Choose tiles in different shades and create a visually stunning seat that will be the focal point of your bathroom.
- 3. Wooden bench with storage: If you have enough space in your shower, a wooden bench with built-in storage can be a practical option. This will help you keep your shower products and toiletries organized and easily accessible.
- 4. Limestone bench: For a luxurious spa-like feel, consider installing a limestone bench in your shower. The natural tones of the limestone will create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- 5. Black and white contrast: Create a striking visual contrast by pairing a black bench with white walls and tiles. This combination will give your bathroom a modern and sophisticated look.
- 6. Blended into the walls: If you want a seamless look, consider having your bench blended into the walls. This will create a cohesive and integrated design.
- 7. Back-to-back benches: If your showering area is large enough, consider installing back-to-back benches. This will provide plenty of seating space and create a spa-like feel.
- 8. Expertly fitted bench: For a perfectly fitted bench, consider hiring an expert to design and install it. This will ensure that the bench fits your space and meets your specific needs.
- 9. Warmth with wooden tones: Bring warmth and natural beauty to your shower by incorporating wooden tones in your bench design. This will create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- 10. The latest trend – tomato red bench: If you want to make a bold statement, consider opting for a tomato red bench. This vibrant color will add a pop of energy to your bathroom and make it stand out.
Whether you’re looking for a functional bench with storage or a visually appealing design feature, there are many shower bench ideas to choose from. Take inspiration from these ideas and create a beautiful and luxurious showering experience in your own bathroom.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get more great design ideas delivered straight to your inbox.
1 Match your shower bench to the basin countertop for a spa-like feel
Designers are always looking for ways to create a spa-like feel in a bathroom, and one current trend is to match the shower bench to the basin countertop. By using the same material, such as white limestone or a beautiful wooden tone, the bench seamlessly blends into the rest of the space, creating a visually cohesive look.
When the shower bench is made from the same material as the basin countertop, it creates a sense of flow and continuity in the room. The bench becomes an invisible part of the bathroom, but still a functional and luxurious feature.
This design idea is especially popular in modern bathrooms, where glass walls and clean lines are often used. The white or wooden-toned bench fits in effortlessly, adding warmth and creating a visually appealing space.
By matching the shower bench to the basin countertop, the bathroom becomes a cohesive, spa-like retreat where you can relax and unwind. Whether you’re submitting to a hot shower or simply taking some time for self-care, having a matching bench provides a comfortable seat and a place to rest your toiletries.
So, if you’re looking to create a spa-like feel in your bathroom, consider matching your shower bench to the basin countertop. It’s a small design feature that will make a big impact.
2 Create contrast and curves with a shower bench
Adding a shower bench to your bathroom can not only provide a practical seating option while showering, but it can also serve as a design statement that adds a touch of luxury and style to your space. One way to make your shower bench stand out is by creating contrast and curves in its design.
Whether your bathroom features a modern or traditional aesthetic, incorporating a shower bench with contrasting tones and curved lines can instantly elevate the overall look and feel of the space. Imagine a beautiful mosaic or black limestone bench contrasting against white walls, or a fitted bench with curved edges that perfectly match the flow of your shower tiles.
To create this contrast and curves effect, you can either choose a ready-made shower bench with the desired design or consult an expert designer who can help create a custom bench that complements your bathroom’s style. The key is to ensure that the bench seamlessly blends with the rest of the bathroom while still making a statement.
In terms of materials, there are many options to choose from. For a spa-like feel, you can opt for a glass bench that visually opens up the space and adds an airy feel. Alternatively, a wooden bench can bring warmth and natural elements into your bathroom, making it feel more inviting.
The latest trends also show that invisible or floating benches are becoming more popular. These benches are designed to be placed against the shower wall, creating a seamless and visually appealing look. However, if you prefer a more traditional look, a sturdy and solid bench made of marble or limestone can still make a statement in your bathroom.
Whether you have a small or large bathroom, incorporating a shower bench with contrast and curves can add an extra layer of style and functionality to your space. Not only will you have a convenient place to sit and relax while showering, but you’ll also have a visually appealing design feature that will make your bathroom feel more luxurious and spa-like.
So, if you’re looking for shower bench ideas that will make your bathroom stand out, consider creating contrast and curves in its design. Whether you opt for a mosaic bench with black and white tones or a fitted bench with curved edges, this trend is sure to add a touch of elegance and style to your daily showering routine.
3 For a blended shower bench use the same tiles as the walls
If you want to create a visually beautiful and cohesive shower design, you may consider using the same tiles for the walls and the shower bench. This idea has become popular among many designers, as it helps to create a seamless flow in the bathroom.
Using the same tiles for the walls and the shower bench can make the whole space look more spa-like and luxurious. It creates a cohesive and visually pleasing design, where the shower bench blends seamlessly into the rest of the bathroom.
Whether you have a small or a large bathroom, the trend of using the same tiles for the walls and the shower bench can work perfectly for any space. It creates a sense of unity and makes the room feel more spacious and cohesive.
When it comes to choosing the tiles for the walls and the shower bench, there are many options available. You can go for classic white tiles for a clean and timeless look, or you can opt for more trendy options like mosaic or glass tiles for a more modern and contemporary feel.
If you’re looking for warmth and a cozy feel, wooden tiles can be a great choice for a shower bench. They add a natural and organic touch to the bathroom and make it feel more inviting and comfortable.
Another great option is to use limestone tiles for a more luxurious and spa-like look. Limestone tiles come in a variety of tones, from light beige to deep gray, and they can create a beautiful and soothing atmosphere in the shower area.
Using the same tiles for the walls and the shower bench not only creates a visually appealing design, but it also helps to make the shower bench look more invisible. By blending it with the surrounding walls, the shower bench becomes a seamless part of the bathroom, giving it a clean and modern look.
So, if you’re planning to renovate your bathroom or build a new one, consider using the same tiles for the walls and the shower bench. It’s a design trend that will make your bathroom look more cohesive, luxurious, and spa-like.
4 One shower bench not enough Opt for two
Why settle for just one shower bench when you can have two? Adding two shower benches in your bathroom can not only enhance the functionality, but also create a visually stunning and modern look.
Imagine having a shower area that’s fitted with two beautiful benches, one on each side. That’s the kind of luxury that will make you feel like you’re in a spa-like retreat every time you step into your shower.
The latest trends in showering design show that even small bathrooms can benefit from having multiple benches. By adding two benches, you can make the most of the available space and still create a bathroom that feels spacious and inviting.
One creative way to incorporate two shower benches is to opt for invisible glass benches. With glass benches, the focus is on the beautiful tiles and designer fixtures in your shower, giving the illusion of a seamless flow from the walls to the benches. The glass benches match perfectly with the overall tone of your bathroom, whether it’s white, black, or any other color.
If you’re looking for a more natural and warm feel, wooden benches are the way to go. Wooden benches can be blended into the overall design of your bathroom, creating a cohesive and welcoming look. The warmth of the wood adds a touch of luxury and comfort to your shower experience.
When you have two benches, you also have more space to store your toiletries. You can place your shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and other bathroom essentials on one bench, while the other bench can be used for seating or for displaying decorative items.
So if you’re ready to take your showering experience to the next level, consider adding two shower benches to your bathroom. Whether you opt for invisible glass benches or warm wooden ones, two benches will not only enhance the functionality of your shower area, but also create a visually stunning and modern look that will make you feel like you’re in a luxurious spa.
5 Bring the Japandi trend to life with your shower bench
If you’re looking to create a bathroom space that is a beautiful blend of Japanese and Scandinavian design, then incorporating a shower bench that reflects the Japandi trend is a great way to achieve that aesthetic. This trend perfectly combines the simplicity and minimalism of Scandinavian design with the warmth and tranquility of Japanese design.
1. Natural Materials
One key aspect of the Japandi trend is the use of natural materials. Opt for a shower bench that is made from wooden or bamboo materials, as they will add a warm and organic feel to your bathroom. The natural textures and tones will create a visually pleasing and serene space.
2. Clean Lines
The Japandi trend focuses on clean and simple lines. Look for a shower bench with a minimalist and streamlined design. A bench with straight edges and sleek contours will perfectly fit into the Japandi aesthetic and enhance the overall visual flow of your bathroom.
3. Calming Tones
Choose a shower bench in calming tones to create a spa-like atmosphere. Lighter shades of wood, such as oak or maple, can bring a sense of tranquility, while darker tones like walnut or teak can add an element of sophistication. Opt for a tone that complements the other elements in your bathroom, such as the walls or tiles.
4. Functional Design
A shower bench that not only looks good but also serves a practical purpose is essential in the Japandi trend. Look for a bench that has storage space underneath or shelves built into the sides for keeping your toiletries or bath essentials organized. This will help maintain the clean and clutter-free aesthetic of the Japandi style.
5. Blended Elements
To truly embrace the Japandi trend with your shower bench, consider incorporating other elements from both Japanese and Scandinavian design. For example, you can pair the bench with a Japanese-inspired soaking tub or Scandinavian-inspired glass walls. Mixing these design elements will create a unique and harmonious space that embodies the essence of the Japandi trend.
In conclusion, by incorporating a shower bench that reflects the Japandi trend, you can create a bathroom space that perfectly blends the simplicity and warmth of Scandinavian and Japanese design. With the right materials, clean lines, calming tones, functional design, and blended elements, your shower bench will become a focal point and a luxury addition to your bathroom.
6 Create a focal point behind your shower bench
When it comes to designing your shower bench, don’t forget about the space behind it. This often neglected area can be transformed into a focal point that enhances the overall look of your bathroom.
One idea is to create a stunning feature wall that will catch the eye and draw attention to the bench. There are several ways to achieve this:
- Use different materials: Consider using a contrasting material to create interest. For example, if your bench is made of polished white limestone, you could use a textured black stone or a vibrant mosaic tile for the focal point wall.
- Play with color: If you’re looking for a bold statement, choose a bright color for the feature wall. A vibrant red or a rich tomato tone will create a striking contrast against a white or neutral bench.
- Opt for a blended design: Instead of using a single material, create a mosaic design that incorporates various colors and textures. This can give a unique and artistic touch to your bathroom.
- Explore glass options: Glass tiles or a glass panel can add a touch of luxury and modernity to your focal point wall. The transparency of glass will allow light to flow through and visually expand the space.
- Go for a wooden touch: If you want to bring warmth and a natural feel to the space, consider using wooden tiles or panels for the feature wall. Wood can blend perfectly with different design styles, whether you’re going for a rustic or a contemporary look.
No matter what style or materials you choose, creating a focal point behind your shower bench will make the whole area more visually appealing. It helps to draw attention to the bench itself while adding depth and interest to the overall design.
Don’t be afraid to consult with an expert designer who can help you find the best options for your bathroom. They will consider the size of the space, the overall style and color scheme, and your desired aesthetic to ensure that the focal point wall is both beautiful and functional.
7 There’s room for shower bench ideas in small spaces
Don’t think that a small bathroom means you have to sacrifice the luxury of a shower bench. With the right design and placement, a shower bench can still be a practical and stylish addition to your small space.
If you’re working with a small shower area, consider incorporating a bench on one side of the shower. This allows for maximum use of space while still providing a comfortable seating area. A black or white bench can blend seamlessly with the shower walls, creating a visually cohesive look.
Another option is to install a transparent glass bench. This not only creates the illusion of more space but also allows light to flow through, making the shower area feel larger and brighter. A glass bench can be fitted into the shower walls, creating an invisible seating area.
If you prefer a more natural and spa-like feel, consider using materials such as limestone or wooden benches. These materials add warmth and elegance to the space while still being functional.
Incorporating a bench into a small shower space also helps with storage. You can use the bench to store your toiletries or place them on a small shelf above the bench.
Whether you’re looking for a modern, minimalist design or a more traditional look, there are plenty of shower bench ideas that can be blended into a small space. Designers are constantly coming up with new and innovative ways to incorporate this design trend into small bathrooms.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different materials and colors to find the best fit for your bathroom. Whether you choose a sleek black bench, a mosaic tiled bench, or a beautiful white bench, there’s room for shower bench ideas in small spaces.
8 Create an ‘invisible’ bench with a flowing tile scheme
One of the latest trends in shower bench design is to create an ‘invisible’ bench with a flowing tile scheme. This design idea involves using small tiles that blend seamlessly with the surrounding walls and floor, creating the illusion of a bench that disappears into the bathroom space.
When you’re looking to create an ‘invisible’ bench, it’s important to choose tiles that are visually similar to the rest of the bathroom. Whether you’re going for a modern, sleek look or a warm and inviting spa-like feel, there are many designer tiles available that will match your desired aesthetic.
One option for an ‘invisible’ bench is to use tiles that are the same color as the walls. This helps to create a seamless flow throughout the bathroom and makes the bench look like it’s part of the wall itself.
Another option is to use tiles that are the same color as the floor. This can create a visually stunning effect, especially if you have a shower head that is fitted into the wall and runs directly above the bench. The tiles will blend in with the floor, giving the illusion that the bench is just an extension of the floor itself.
If you’re looking to create a more unique and eye-catching design, you could use tiles in a contrasting color to create a striking visual effect. For example, if your bathroom has white walls and a white floor, using black tiles for the bench can create a dramatic and stylish look.
Regardless of the color scheme you choose, using tiles with a flowing pattern can enhance the invisible bench effect. For instance, using tiles that have a flowing pattern mimicking water or waves can create a sense of movement and add visual interest to the bench.
When choosing tiles for an invisible bench, it’s important to consider the material as well. While many people opt for ceramic or porcelain tiles, you may also consider using natural materials like limestone or even wooden tiles to add warmth and texture to the bench.
An ‘invisible’ bench with a flowing tile scheme is a beautiful and modern design feature that can make your shower feel more spacious and luxurious. Whether you’re looking to create a spa-like retreat or simply want a unique and visually stunning shower bench, this trend is definitely worth considering.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest design trends and ideas sent straight to your inbox!
9 Use a shower bench to add warmth to a monochromatic scheme
When it comes to monochromatic bathroom designs, it’s important to find ways to add visual interest and warmth to the space. One idea is to incorporate a shower bench into your design. This versatile feature not only provides a convenient place for showering and storing toiletries, but it can also visually break up the monochromatic look of the room.
If you’re looking for a modern and spa-like feel, consider using a glass shower bench. This transparent material will give the illusion of extra space and won’t interrupt the flow of the room. You can also opt for a limestone or wooden bench, depending on the style you’re going for. These natural materials will bring warmth to the space and create a relaxing atmosphere.
One of the best things about using a shower bench in a monochromatic bathroom is that it can be bespoke to your needs. Whether you want a small bench for a compact space or a longer bench that spans the full length of the shower, there are many options available. You can also choose to have the bench fitted perfectly into the shower area or have it placed against the walls for a more casual look.
Another way to add warmth to a monochromatic bathroom is by using tiles. Opt for tiles in warm tones, like beige or light brown, to make your space feel cozy and inviting. Whether you go for a single-color or blended tile design, the addition of a shower bench will help to break up the monotony and add interest to the walls.
If you’re worried about the bench becoming an eyesore in your monochromatic bathroom, don’t be. With the latest design trends, shower benches have become more stylish than ever. You can find benches with invisible or black frames that blend seamlessly into the space. Alternatively, you can opt for a designer bench with unique patterns or shapes that will become a statement piece in your bathroom.
So, whether you’re creating a sleek and modern monochromatic bathroom or a cozy and warm spa-like space, incorporating a shower bench can help bring warmth and visual interest to the overall design. It’s a small addition that can make a big impact in your bathroom.
10 Go open-plan and luxurious in marble
If you want to create an open and luxurious shower experience, using marble is a perfect choice. Marble has always been associated with luxury and elegance, and it can instantly elevate the look and feel of your bathroom.
Marble is a timeless trend that never goes out of style, whether you prefer a traditional or modern aesthetic. The natural veins and patterns in the marble create a stunning visual display that adds a touch of sophistication to any space.
When it comes to using marble in your shower bench design, there are many options to choose from. You can opt for a full marble bench that matches the walls and floors of your bathroom, or you can use marble accents to create a statement piece.
One idea is to create a shower bench made entirely out of marble. This will create a seamless and luxurious look that can make your shower feel like a spa-like retreat. The smooth and cool surface of marble will add a sense of relaxation and serenity to your showering experience.
Another option is to combine marble with other materials, such as wood or glass. A wooden bench with a marble seat can create a warm and inviting atmosphere, while a glass bench with marble accents can give a modern and sleek look.
If you’re working with a small shower room, using marble in your bench design can help create the illusion of more space. The light tones and natural flow of the marble will visually expand the room, making it appear larger and more open.
No matter what type of bench design you choose, incorporating marble into your shower area will instantly add a touch of luxury and elegance. It’s a material that never goes out of style and will always make your bathroom look beautiful and sophisticated.
So why not go open-plan and luxurious in marble? Whether you’re looking for a spa-like retreat or a modern designer bathroom, incorporating marble into your shower bench design will create a stunning and timeless look that you’ll love for years to come.
Is a shower bench a good idea
A shower bench can be a great addition to any bathroom, offering both functional and aesthetic benefits. Here are several reasons why having a shower bench is a good idea:
- Functionality: Having a shower bench provides a convenient and comfortable seating option while showering. It allows you to sit and relax, saving you from standing for an extended period of time.
- Injury Prevention: For individuals with limited mobility or those who are recovering from an injury, a shower bench can help reduce the risk of slips and falls in the shower.
- Storage Space: Some shower benches come with built-in storage compartments, providing a practical solution for storing toiletries, towels, and other shower essentials.
- Design Flexibility: Shower benches come in various styles and materials, allowing you to choose one that matches the overall design of your bathroom. Whether you prefer a modern, spa-like look or a more traditional design, there’s a shower bench that will blend seamlessly with your space.
- Aesthetics: A shower bench can enhance the visual appeal of your bathroom. By selecting a bench that matches or complements the existing elements in your bathroom, such as the tiles or vanity, you can create a cohesive and stylish look.
- Comfort: Sitting on a shower bench allows you to fully enjoy your shower experience. You can let the warm water flow over you while you relax and unwind.
- Durability: Many shower benches are made from sturdy materials like wood, stone, or metal, ensuring that they will withstand the test of time and serve you well for years to come.
- Ease of cleaning: Shower benches made from materials like plastic or stone are easy to clean. Simply wipe them down with a mild detergent to keep them looking pristine.
In conclusion, incorporating a shower bench into your bathroom is a good idea for both functionality and aesthetics. It provides a convenient seating option, reduces the risk of falls, offers storage space, and adds to the overall design of your bathroom. Consider the different styles and materials available to find the perfect shower bench that suits your needs and preferences.
Where is the best place to put a bench in the shower
If you’ve been considering adding a bench to your shower, you’re not alone. Shower benches are a popular design feature that can add functionality and style to your bathroom. But where is the best place to put a bench in the shower? Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Against the back wall: Placing a bench against the back wall of your shower can create a focal point and make the most of the available space. This is a common placement, especially in smaller showers where space is limited.
- Invisible bench: For a sleek and modern look, consider installing an invisible bench. This type of bench is made from materials like glass or tiles that blend seamlessly into the shower walls, making it appear as if there is no bench at all.
- Corner bench: If you have a larger shower, a corner bench can be a great option. This placement maximizes space and allows for more flexibility in shower design.
- Under the showerhead: Placing a bench under the showerhead allows you to enjoy the relaxing sensation of water flowing over you while sitting down. This can create a spa-like experience and is especially helpful for those who may have difficulty standing for long periods of time.
- Next to the showerhead: Another option is to place the bench next to the showerhead, creating a convenient seating area for washing or shaving. This placement works well if you have a handheld showerhead.
- Alcove bench: If your shower has an alcove or niche, consider installing a bench within that space. This adds visual interest and creates a functional seating area.
- Along the side wall: Placing a bench along the side wall of the shower can create a visually appealing and functional design. This placement is often used in larger showers where there is more room to work with.
When deciding where to place your shower bench, consider your personal preferences, the size and layout of your shower, and any existing plumbing or other fixtures that may affect placement. Working with a designer or an expert in bathroom renovations can help ensure that your bench is placed in the best possible location to meet your needs and create a cohesive design.