Are you looking to add a fun and sophisticated element to your home décor? Then a bar cart may be the perfect piece of furniture for you! Bar carts have been making a comeback in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. They not only provide a practical way to serve drinks, but they also add a touch of elegance to any space.
Whether you have a small living area or a spacious kitchen, bar carts can fit into any space. They come in a variety of styles, from vintage to modern, so you can choose one that matches your home’s aesthetic. No longer reserved for traditional homes, bar carts are now a trendy and versatile addition to any room.
Having a bar cart in your home can make you feel like you’re always ready to host a party. After a long day at work, you can come home and immediately start mixing up some cocktails. With a well-stocked bar cart, you’ll have everything you need to create the ultimate drinks menu.
Wondering how to style your bar cart? Here are 16 ways to get you started:
- Choose a bar cart with ample storage space to hold all of your glassware, shakers, and mixers.
- Keep your glassware organized by separating it into different sections, such as champagne flutes, tumblers, and wine glasses.
- Use a jigger to measure out the perfect amount of alcohol for your cocktails.
- Keep a cocktail shaker handy for when you want to impress your guests with your mixology skills.
- Add a muddler to your bar cart for creating delicious cocktails that require muddled fruit or herbs.
- Invest in a set of tongs for serving ice and garnishes.
- Choose a stylish ice bucket to keep your drinks chilled throughout the night.
- Use a tray to corral smaller items, such as bottle openers and coasters.
- Dress up your bar cart with fresh flowers or a small plant to bring some life to the space.
- Hang a stylish towel or cloth from the side of the bar cart for easy cleanup.
- Create a designated area on your bar cart for cocktail recipe books or cards.
- Display your favorite spirits and liqueurs on the top shelf of your bar cart.
- Add texture to your bar cart by incorporating different materials, such as glass, metal, and wood.
- Use a decorative tray to corral your most-used items, such as your favorite mixers and bitters.
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box – use your bar cart to store other kitchen or entertaining essentials, such as serving platters or napkins.
- Have fun with your bar cart and let your personal style shine through!
By following these expert tips and incorporating these stylish bar cart ideas, you’ll be well on your way to creating the ultimate party-ready space in your home. So why wait? Start exploring bar cart options and get ready to bring the party to your living room!
Bar cart ideas – 16 ways to style a bar cart
1. Make it traditional
If you prefer a classic and timeless look, opt for a bar cart with a traditional design. This will bring an air of elegance to your entertaining area.
2. Use tumblers for versatile drink options
Tumblers are an ideal choice for serving a variety of drinks, from water to cocktails. Have a set of these ready on your bar cart for any type of entertaining.
3. Entertainment is key
Make sure to have all the essentials for entertaining on your bar cart. This includes bottle openers, corkscrews, and drink stirrers.
4. Have the ice ready to go
Keep an ice bucket on your bar cart so that you can easily add ice to your drinks. This is especially handy for those hot summer nights.
5. Make it ideal for cocktails
If you enjoy mixing up cocktails, be sure to have a cocktail shaker and jigger on your bar cart to make the process easier.
6. Dress it up with fresh flowers
Add a touch of freshness and beauty to your bar cart by placing a vase of fresh flowers on it. This will give it a more sophisticated and elegant look.
7. Even small bar carts can make a big impact
If you have a small bar cart, don’t worry! You can still create a stylish and functional setup by choosing the right items and arranging them strategically.
8. When in doubt, choose a vintage bar cart
Vintage bar carts have a unique charm and can bring a sense of nostalgia to your home. Look for one with beautiful details and a timeless design.
9. Glassware matters
The type of glassware you choose can significantly impact the overall look of your bar cart. Opt for elegant and sophisticated glassware to elevate the style.
10. Don’t forget the serving tongs
If you’re serving snacks or appetizers alongside your drinks, having serving tongs on your bar cart can be extremely helpful. It adds convenience and makes it easier for your guests to enjoy the food.
11. Get organized
A well-organized bar cart is not only visually appealing but also makes it easier for you to find what you need. Use trays, baskets, or small containers to keep everything neat and tidy.
12. Incorporate texture
Add texture to your bar cart by using items like a woven tray, a faux fur throw, or textured coasters. This will create visual interest and make the area more inviting.
13. Let the young people have fun
If you’re hosting a party where there will be young people, consider adding some fun and playful elements to your bar cart. This could be colorful straws, cocktail umbrellas, or funky drink stirrers.
14. Expert tips
Get advice and tips from designers or experts on how to style your bar cart. They might have some unique ideas that you can incorporate to make it even more special.
15. Make it a focal point in your kitchen
Your bar cart doesn’t have to be tucked away in a corner. Instead, make it a focal point in your kitchen by styling it with beautiful bottles, glassware, and other decorative pieces.
16. It’s all about hosting
Having a well-styled bar cart not only makes hosting easier but also creates an atmosphere of elegance and sophistication. Your guests will appreciate the effort you put into creating a beautiful area to serve drinks.
These 16 tips are sure to inspire you and help you create the perfect bar cart setup. Whether you’re a cocktail enthusiast or enjoy hosting parties, a well-styled bar cart is both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
1 Create a drinks’ station
When it comes to entertaining at home, having a dedicated drinks station can make all the difference. Not only does it create an elegant and sophisticated feel, but it also provides a central location for guests to gather and enjoy a drink together. Whether you’re hosting a cocktail party or just want to have a drink ready for when people come over, a drinks’ station is an essential addition to any home. Here are some tips to help you create the ultimate drinks’ station:
Choose the right furniture
The first step in creating a drinks’ station is to choose the right furniture. You want something that is both functional and stylish. Bar carts are a popular choice, as they provide a mobile and versatile option. They often come with built-in storage for glassware and bottles, as well as additional shelves for holding items like a muddler, jigger, and shaker. If you prefer a more traditional look, a small table or sideboard can also work well.
Stock up on glassware
No drinks’ station would be complete without a selection of glassware. It’s important to have a variety of options, including champagne flutes, cocktail glasses, and highball glasses, to cater to different preferences. If you want to add a vintage touch to your drinks’ station, consider using antique or retro glassware. This adds a unique texture and creates a sense of nostalgia.
Have all the necessary tools
When it comes to serving drinks, having the right tools is essential. Make sure you have a jigger for measuring ingredients, a muddler for crushing herbs and fruit, and a shaker for mixing cocktails. You’ll also need tongs and an ice bucket for keeping drinks cool. Having these tools easily accessible on your drinks’ station will make it effortless to create delicious and refreshing drinks.
Make it visually appealing
A drinks’ station should not only be functional but also visually appealing. Use your creativity to make it a focal point in your living space. Consider adding a decorative tray or some artwork to add interest. You can also dress up the area with fresh flowers or a stylish tablecloth. Don’t forget to keep it organized and tidy – clutter can make the area feel chaotic and unkempt.
Bring in some entertainment
A drinks’ station is not only about serving drinks but also about creating an enjoyable atmosphere. Consider adding some entertainment options, such as a Bluetooth speaker or a selection of board games. This will keep your guests entertained and provide opportunities for socializing throughout the night.
By following these tips, you can create a drinks’ station that is not only functional but also stylish and inviting. It will be the perfect addition to your home and will make entertaining a breeze. So, whether you’re hosting a party or just want to have a drink ready for when people come over, a well-stocked and aesthetically pleasing drinks’ station is a must-have.
2 Host a cocktail party
Furniture and decor
When hosting a cocktail party, you want to create a sophisticated and inviting atmosphere for your guests. Choose furniture and decor that reflects your personal style and complements your home. Vintage bar carts are a popular choice and can bring a touch of elegance to any space. If you don’t have a bar cart, you can still create a designated area for drinks by using a small table or even a bar cabinet in your living room or dining area.
Setting up the bar cart
When setting up your bar cart, make sure to include all the necessary tools and accessories for mixing cocktails. This includes a shaker, jigger, muddler, tongs, and a mixing spoon. It’s also a good idea to have a selection of glassware, such as tumblers, flutes, and martini glasses, as well as ice buckets and a pitcher for serving water or non-alcoholic beverages.
Decide on a cocktail menu based on your guests’ preferences and the occasion. You can choose to serve classic cocktails such as martinis, margaritas, or mojitos, or you can get creative and experiment with new recipes. Consider offering a variety of options, including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails, to cater to all tastes.
Entertainment and games
A cocktail party is not just about the drinks, but also about the entertainment. Consider having some fun cocktail-themed games or activities to keep your guests engaged and create a lively atmosphere. You can also hire an expert mixologist to provide a cocktail-making demonstration or offer personalized drink recommendations to your guests.
Dress code and theme
Depending on the style and ambiance you want to create, you can choose a dress code or theme for your cocktail party. This can range from a formal black-tie affair to a casual and relaxed gathering. Let your guests know in advance so that they can come prepared and dressed appropriately.
Don’t forget the details
To elevate the experience and make your cocktail party memorable, pay attention to the details. Consider adding fresh flowers or greenery to your bar cart or bar area for a touch of natural beauty. Use different textures and materials to create visual interest, such as velvet or metallic accents. Include some decorative elements like cocktail recipe books, vintage glassware, or personalized coasters to add a personal and stylish touch.
By following these tips, you’ll be ready to host the ultimate cocktail party in your own home. Whether you want to bring a touch of old-world elegance or create a fun and modern ambiance, a well-styled bar cart and a delicious cocktail menu are key to a successful night of entertaining.
3 Bring a sense of fun
When it comes to bar carts, it’s all about creating a sense of fun and excitement. Whether you’re hosting a party or just having a night in, a bar cart can be the ultimate entertainment piece. It’s a small area that creates a direct and ready-to-go space for your drinks, glassware, and mixology tools.
Designers agree that bar carts are the perfect piece of furniture to bring a sense of fun to any space. “A bar cart is ideal for a young and sophisticated feel,” says expert designer Rachel, “It makes you feel like you’re ready to have a good time.”
If you’re wondering how to create a fun and lively bar cart, here are some tips to get you started:
- Choose the right glassware: Whether you prefer classic tumblers, champagne flutes, or cocktail glasses, make sure to have the essentials on hand. A cocktail shaker and jigger are also important tools for mixing up your favorite drinks.
- Dress up your bar cart: Keep the fun going with some decorative elements. Add a small vase of fresh flowers, hang some colorful party lights, or display a fun sign that says “Cheers!”
- Keep it stocked: Be prepared for any drink request that may come your way. Have a selection of spirits, mixers, and garnishes on hand so you can serve up any cocktail with ease.
- Use buckets for ice: If you’re hosting a party, having a few ice buckets on your bar cart is a must. It keeps the drinks cold and makes it easy for guests to help themselves.
- Create a signature cocktail: Take your bar cart to the next level by creating a signature cocktail. Whether it’s a twist on a classic or something completely unique, having a specialty drink adds a special touch to any gathering.
So, whether you’re looking for a traditional and sophisticated bar cart or one that brings a sense of fun and excitement, these tips will help you create the perfect setup. Get ready to bring the party to your home!
4 Choose a vintage bar cart
When it comes to styling a bar cart, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing the cart itself. And if you want to add a touch of elegance and timeless charm to your entertaining area, a vintage bar cart is the way to go.
Having a vintage bar cart not only creates a classic and sophisticated look, but it also adds a sense of history and charm to your home. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or bringing the party into your living room, a vintage bar cart is an ideal piece to have.
With a vintage bar cart, you’ll have a designated area to keep all your bar essentials ready for serving. From glassware and cocktail shakers to jiggers and tongs, everything will be within arm’s reach and beautifully displayed on your cart.
One of the best things about vintage bar carts is that they often come with their own set of glassware, which adds extra elegance to your setup. Champagne flutes, tumblers, and even silver ice buckets can all come included with your vintage cart.
Not sure where to find a vintage bar cart? Don’t worry, there are plenty of options to choose from. Many antique stores and online marketplaces specialize in selling vintage home goods, so you’re sure to find the perfect cart for your needs.
Once you have your vintage bar cart, don’t forget to dress it up with some decorative items. A few fresh flowers, a stylish cocktail book, or some vintage coasters can all add a personal touch to your cart.
So, if you want to take your entertaining to the next level and bring that ultimate vintage elegance into your home, choose a vintage bar cart. It not only adds a touch of texture and style to your living space, but it also makes it easy and convenient to have everything you need for a fabulous night of cocktails and entertainment.
5 Use a bar cart as a side table
If you’re not into creating a full bar station but still want to bring some of that bar cart charm into your space, consider using a bar cart as a side table. This is a great option for those who want to showcase their glassware and bar tools without fully committing to a dedicated bar area.
A bar cart makes for an ideal side table because it creates a sophisticated and elegant look, whether you’re using it in the living room or in a small dining area. You can keep it simple by displaying a champagne bucket or a set of tumblers, or go all out with classic cocktail ingredients like a shaker, jigger, and tongs.
When choosing a bar cart to use as a side table, look for one that matches the style and feel of your existing furniture. This way, it seamlessly blends into the space and still functions as a practical piece of furniture.
One expert tip is to choose a bar cart with some texture or interesting details. This adds an extra visual element to your decor and makes the bar cart feel like more than just a side table.
To dress up your bar cart side table even further, you can add a small vase with fresh flowers or a scented candle. This will create a cozy and inviting atmosphere, perfect for a night in with friends or a romantic evening with your partner.
No longer just for hosting parties, bar carts can be a stylish and functional addition to any room. So next time you’re considering a new side table, don’t forget to think outside the box and consider using a bar cart instead.
If you want more information and tips on bar carts and entertaining, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll send all the latest bar cart ideas and styling tips straight to your inbox.
6 Take the pressure off the dining table
If you have a beautiful garden or outdoor area, why not take the party outside? With a bar cart, you can easily set up an outdoor bar that will get the party started and take the pressure off your dining table.
Instead of wondering how you’re going to make space for all the drinks and glassware on your dining table, bring out a bar cart and set it up in your outdoor area. Many bar carts are designed specifically for outdoor use, with weather-resistant materials and durable construction. So even if you’re hosting a party in your backyard and a sudden rain shower starts, you can still keep the drinks flowing without worrying about your furniture getting damaged.
When it comes to glassware, bar carts offer a great way to showcase your collection. You can have different types of glasses ready for different kinds of cocktails. From highballs to tumblers to champagne flutes, a well-stocked bar cart will have everything you need to serve drinks to your guests, whether it’s a casual get-together or a more formal affair.
Designers often choose bar carts for outdoor entertaining because they bring a touch of elegance to any space. The combination of sleek lines and metallic finishes creates a look that is both stylish and sophisticated. Plus, bar carts are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. You can use them as a serving station, a place to store your favorite spirits, or even as a makeshift side table when you’re not entertaining.
If you’re unsure about what makes a bar cart the ultimate entertainment piece for your outdoor space, just think about the convenience and functionality it offers. You can have all your drinks and mixers ready to go in one place, so you don’t have to keep running back and forth to the kitchen. And if you’re into making cocktails, a bar cart is the perfect surface for you to showcase your skills. Keep a muddler, shaker, and strainer on hand, and you’ll be ready to whip up some delicious drinks in no time.
So don’t forget to take the pressure off your dining table and bring the party outdoors with a stylish and functional bar cart. Whether you’re hosting a big gathering or just having a cozy night in with friends, a bar cart will help you create the perfect entertaining atmosphere. And with so many options available, you’re sure to find the ideal bar cart for your home.
7 Decorate to create a focal point of your bar cart
When it comes to styling your bar cart, it’s important to create a focal point that draws people’s attention and sets the tone for the entire space. Here are some tips on how to decorate your bar cart to make it the ultimate centerpiece:
- Choose the right glassware: The type of glassware you have on your bar cart can really make a statement. Whether you prefer classic tumblers, sophisticated champagne flutes, or trendy copper mugs, choose pieces that reflect your personal style.
- Add some decorative elements: To make your bar cart look more inviting, consider adding some decorative elements such as vintage bar tools, a stylish cocktail shaker, or even a small potted plant.
- Dress up the cart: Don’t just focus on the glassware and accessories – dress up the actual bar cart itself. You can do this by adding a stylish table runner, some colorful napkins, or even hanging a piece of artwork above the cart.
- Keep essentials handy: Make sure to have all the essentials within easy reach. This includes a jigger for measuring, a muddler for crushing herbs or fruit, and tongs for serving ice. Having these items readily available will ensure that you can mix drinks with ease.
- Bring in some fresh blooms: Adding a bouquet of fresh flowers to your bar cart can instantly elevate its look. Choose flowers that match the color scheme of your living area, and change them regularly to keep things fresh.
- Add some entertainment: To ensure that your guests have a good time, consider adding some entertainment options to your bar cart. This could be a deck of playing cards, a few board games, or even a Bluetooth speaker for playing music.
- Opt for stylish ice buckets: If you often find yourself hosting parties with a young and lively crowd, having stylish ice buckets on your bar cart can be a game-changer. Choose ones that are chic and trendy to create a visually appealing display.
By following these tips, you can create a bar cart that not only looks beautiful but also serves as the perfect focal point for your entertaining space. Don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with the styling – after all, the bar cart is all about bringing people together and creating a welcoming atmosphere.
8 Keep it neat with a small bar cart on wheels
When it comes to hosting a party or even just having a night in with cocktails, having a designated area to serve drinks can make all the difference. That’s where bar carts come in handy. They not only provide a stylish and convenient way to store and serve your favorite drinks, but they also add a touch of elegance to any space.
If you’re wondering how to create the ultimate bar cart in your own home, here are some tips to get you started:
- Choose a small bar cart that is on wheels. This way, you can easily move it around and position it wherever it’s needed most.
- Keep it neat and organized. Use small baskets or trays to corral your glassware, shaker, muddler, tongs, and other bar tools.
- Don’t forget about the ice. Having a small ice bucket or ice tray on your bar cart can be a lifesaver when you’re ready to serve chilled cocktails.
- Consider the size and shape of your glassware. Vintage champagne coupes, cocktail glasses, and rocks glasses can all bring a sophisticated feel to your bar cart.
- If you’re short on space, choose bar tools that can serve multiple purposes. A cocktail shaker with a built-in strainer and a muddler with a citrus reamer can streamline your setup.
- Bring some greenery into the mix. A small potted plant or a vase of fresh flowers can add a pop of color and life to your bar cart.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Combining different materials, such as glass, metal, and wood, can create a more eclectic and personalized look.
- Remember to dress up your bar cart for special occasions. Whether it’s with a festive table runner, party decorations, or fancy cocktail napkins, adding some extra flair can set the mood for a night of entertainment.
9 Place a bar cart in an entryway
One of the best places to display a small bar cart is in your entryway. Not only does it create a sophisticated and welcoming look, but it also ensures that you’re ready to serve a drink as soon as you step into your home.
A bar cart in the entryway can double as a piece of furniture that’s both functional and stylish. Whether you choose a modern glassware cart or a vintage-inspired one, it’s the perfect way to dress up your entryway and make a great first impression on your guests.
Having a bar cart in your entryway is especially handy if you often have guests over. It saves you time from having to go to the kitchen to fetch drinks and allows you to serve your guests right at the entrance. Plus, it gives off a vibe that you’re always ready for some entertainment and good times.
To make your entryway bar cart look even more inviting, accessorize it with some classic bar tools and accessories. A cocktail shaker, jigger, muddler, tongs, and ice buckets are essential. You can also add some beautiful cocktail glasses, wine flutes, and a few bottles of your favorite spirits.
If you’re into mixology or just want to make your bar cart look more professional, consider adding some expert cocktail recipe books. This way, you’ll always have access to the ultimate drink recipes to impress your guests.
Keeping fresh herbs, fruits, and garnishes on your entryway bar cart is another great way to create a stylish and inviting look. Choose a couple of small plants or herb pots to bring some life into the space. Not only will they add a touch of greenery, but they’ll also provide fresh ingredients for your cocktails.
Don’t forget about the lighting! Adding a small table lamp or some string lights to your entryway bar cart will create a warm and cozy atmosphere. It’s the perfect way to set the mood for a night of entertaining or just enjoying a cocktail after a long day.
So, if you’re wondering how to make your entryway more inviting and stylish, consider adding a bar cart. It not only adds a touch of sophistication to your home but also serves as a functional piece of furniture that’s perfect for entertaining. With all the tips and ways to style it, you’re sure to create an entryway that will leave people impressed.
10 Stay on trend with a rattan bar cart
When it comes to home entertaining, a well-stocked bar cart is a must-have. And if you want to stay on trend, a rattan bar cart is the way to go. Rattan has made a major comeback in recent years, bringing a touch of bohemian elegance to any space it’s in.
A rattan bar cart can be the perfect addition to your home. Not only does it bring a sense of natural texture, but it also adds a touch of vintage charm to any room. Rattan bar carts often come with built-in shelves, making them handy for storing glasses, shakers, and other barware essentials.
One of the reasons why a rattan bar cart is so popular is because it can easily be styled to fit into any decor style. Whether you have a traditional home or a more modern one, a rattan bar cart can seamlessly blend in and elevate the overall look of your space.
If you’re wondering how to style your rattan bar cart, here are a few expert tips:
- Create an elegant centerpiece by placing a vintage champagne bucket on top of the bar cart. This will not only serve as a functional piece but also add a touch of sophistication to your entertaining area.
- Add some greenery by placing a few small potted plants on one of the shelves. This will bring life and freshness to your bar cart, making it feel like a mini garden in your living room.
- Don’t forget the glassware. A rattan bar cart is the perfect place to show off your collection of cocktail glasses and champagne flutes. Display them neatly on a shelf or hang them from the side of the cart for easy access.
- Bring in some texture with a woven jigger holder. This small accessory will not only keep your jiggers organized but also add a touch of boho chic to your bar cart.
With these styling tips, your rattan bar cart will be ready to impress all your guests. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or a big party, a rattan bar cart creates the ultimate entertainment setup.
So, if you’re looking to stay on trend and bring some bohemian elegance into your home, a rattan bar cart is the way to go. With its versatility and charm, it’s a piece that will make a statement in any space.
11 Set up a drinks’ trolley for guests
Having a drinks’ trolley is a great way to bring some sophistication and elegance to your entertaining area. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to create a perfect drinks’ corner, a well-styled bar cart can make all the difference.
With bar carts becoming increasingly popular again, it’s no wonder that designers and homeowners are often choosing this piece of furniture to serve as both a functional and decorative element in their homes. If you’re wondering how to set up a drinks’ trolley, here are some expert tips to get you started.
Choose the right cart
The first step in setting up a drinks’ trolley is to choose the right cart for your space. There are many different styles and sizes available, from classic vintage carts to modern designs. Consider the size of your living or entertaining area and make sure the cart fits well into the space.
No drinks’ trolley is complete without the appropriate glassware. Make sure to have a selection of glasses on hand to serve different types of drinks. Champagne flutes, tumblers, and classic cocktail glasses are all essential. Arrange them neatly on the cart for easy access.
Ice and tools
Having a supply of ice and the necessary tools is essential for any drinks’ trolley. Ice buckets, tongs, a jigger for measuring, and a muddler for crushing ingredients are all handy to have. These tools will allow your guests to create their own cocktails or mix their drinks just the way they like them.
Dress it up
A drinks’ trolley can easily become a stylish focal point in your living or entertaining area. Dress it up with some decorative items such as fresh flowers, cocktail recipe books, or a beautiful tray for displaying the bottles. These extra touches will add a touch of elegance to your drinks’ trolley.
Direct and impress
When setting up your drinks’ trolley, think about how you can arrange the bottles and glassware to direct your guests’ attention and create an impressive display. Consider lining up the bottles of spirits or arranging them in a pyramid shape. This will not only make it easier for your guests to see what’s on offer, but it will also add a visual wow factor.
Bring the party outside
If you’re having an outdoor gathering, don’t forget to bring your drinks’ trolley outside. A portable cart makes it easy to move the party to the garden or patio. Just make sure to have a designated area for the cart and provide some extra lighting if needed.
Setting up a drinks’ trolley is a fun and creative way to make your guests feel welcome and entertained. With the right cart, glassware, and accessories, you can create a beautiful and functional bar area that will impress your friends and family. So, why wait? Start styling your drinks’ trolley today and get ready to host the perfect party.
12 Create a sense of occasion at home
When it comes to hosting a party or get-together at home, creating a sense of occasion is key. By bringing elements of texture, style, and entertainment into your space, you can make any night feel special. One of the ways to achieve this is by styling a bar cart that is ready to serve up your favorite drinks and cocktails.
A bar cart is a versatile piece of furniture that can be placed in your living room, dining room, or even kitchen. It not only adds a touch of elegance to your space but also provides a convenient and stylish place to store all your essential barware and drink essentials. Whether you prefer classic cocktails or enjoy experimenting with new recipes, having a well-stocked bar cart will make hosting a breeze.
Choose the right bar cart
When selecting a bar cart, consider the size and style that will work best in your home. You can opt for a traditional, vintage-inspired cart with brass accents and glass shelves, or choose a more modern design with sleek lines and a metallic finish. Whatever you choose, make sure it has enough space for your glassware, bottles, and accessories.
Stock up on glassware
No bar cart is complete without a selection of glassware. Make sure to have a variety of glasses for different types of drinks, such as highball glasses for mixed drinks, champagne flutes for sparkling wines, and tumblers for whiskey or bourbon. Crystal glassware can add an extra touch of elegance to your cart.
Essential barware and tools
In addition to glassware, you’ll also need the essential barware and tools for your cart. This includes a cocktail shaker, jigger (for measuring), strainer, muddler (for mashing fruits or herbs), ice bucket, and a stylish bottle opener. Having these tools handy will ensure you can make any cocktail you desire.
Dress up your cart
To create a sense of occasion, dress up your bar cart with decorative elements. Add fresh flowers or greenery to bring a pop of color and life to the space. Display interesting cocktail recipe books or beautiful coasters for guests to browse through. Consider adding a small tray to hold garnishes, such as citrus slices or herbs.
In addition to serving cocktails, your bar cart can also serve as a mini entertainment center. Set up a Bluetooth speaker or turntable for playing music, and even have a small selection of board games or card decks for guests to enjoy. This creates a fun and interactive atmosphere that will keep your guests entertained throughout the night.
13 Get the party started with an entertainment area
When it comes to hosting a party, having a designated entertainment area is a must. It’s the perfect way to create a focal point and bring people together. So, whether you’re still wondering how to style your bar cart or looking for ways to bring the party atmosphere into your home, an entertainment area is the ultimate addition.
Create the perfect piece of furniture
A bar cart is ideal for hosting a party, but if you want to go for a more sophisticated look, consider a small table or a traditional bar cabinet. These pieces of furniture not only provide plenty of space to store your glassware and cocktail-making essentials, but they also add a touch of elegance to your living area.
Dress up your glassware
When it comes to serving drinks, presentation is key. Choose elegant champagne flutes, tumblers, and cocktail glasses to make every drink feel special. Having a variety of glassware on hand allows you to serve different types of cocktails and create a more diverse drink menu.
Bring in the essentials
Having a well-stocked entertainment area means having all the necessary tools and accessories. Don’t forget to include a cocktail shaker, muddler, strainer, and ice bucket. These items will come in handy when making drinks and keep your guests’ glasses full all night.
Get ready to mix it up
When it comes to cocktails, the possibilities are endless. Whether you prefer classic cocktails or want to try something new, having a variety of recipes on hand will ensure that everyone finds a drink they love. Consider creating a list of signature cocktails for the night or have recipe cards available for guests to choose from.
Don’t forget the wine and champagne
Apart from cocktails, wine and champagne are also essential for any party. Make sure to have a selection of reds, whites, and rosés available. Keep the champagne chilled and ready for toasting throughout the night.
Add texture and style
To give your entertainment area a sophisticated and stylish look, consider adding texture with a beautiful tablecloth or runner. Opt for materials like linen or velvet to create a luxurious feel. You can also add decorative elements such as candles, flowers, or a statement centerpiece to complete the look.
So, whether you’re hosting a gathering of friends, a family celebration, or a night of entertaining the young and the young at heart, having an entertainment area is a must. It sets the tone for the night and creates a space where people can come together, relax, and enjoy themselves.
14 Use natural materials for a spot of summer entertaining
When it comes to creating a stylish and inviting area for summer entertaining, natural materials can be the perfect choice. They have a way of adding a touch of warmth and texture to any space, making it feel more relaxed and comfortable. Here are some tips from experts and designers to help you make the most of natural materials for your summer bar cart:
- Choose the right furniture: Opt for bar carts that are made of natural materials like wood or rattan. These materials are not only durable and long-lasting, but they also add a touch of natural beauty to your space.
- Add texture: Incorporate different textures into your bar cart setup. Consider using woven placemats or coasters, natural fiber napkins, or even a rattan tray to hold your cocktail ingredients.
- Bring in some greenery: Plants can add a fresh and vibrant feel to your bar cart. Consider adding a small potted plant or some fresh flowers to bring life and color to the space.
- Use natural materials for glassware: Instead of using traditional glassware, opt for tumblers or flutes made of natural materials like bamboo or recycled glass. Not only do they look beautiful, but they also add an eco-friendly touch to your setup.
- Accessorize with natural elements: Use natural elements like seashells or driftwood to decorate your bar cart. These small touches can really make a difference and create a more cohesive and beach-inspired look.
- Add a touch of sophistication: If you want to elevate your summer bar cart setup, consider using brass or gold accents. These metallic elements can add a touch of glamour and sophistication to your space.
- Keep it simple: Don’t overcrowd your bar cart with too many items. Stick to the essentials – a cocktail shaker, jigger, muddler, and some bottles of your favorite spirits. This will keep your setup looking clean and organized.
- Create a signature cocktail: Having a signature cocktail for the night can make your summer bar cart feel more special. Come up with a unique cocktail recipe that incorporates fresh ingredients and flavors of the season.
- Dress up your bar cart: Add some colorful cocktail napkins or a stylish cocktail recipe book to your bar cart. These small touches can make it seem like you’re bringing the bar to your home and create a more inviting and entertaining atmosphere.
- Get expert tips: If you’re still wondering how to style your summer bar cart, take tips from experts and designers. Many websites and blogs offer valuable advice on how to make your bar cart look its best.
By following these tips, you can create a beautiful and inviting summer bar cart that is perfect for hosting parties or enjoying a quiet night at home. Submitting to the allure of natural materials and incorporating them into your entertaining area will not only make your space more stylish but also create a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere.
15 Welcome guests into the backyard
As the weather warms up, it’s the perfect time to bring the party outside and welcome guests into your backyard. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or a larger event, a bar cart is an ideal piece of furniture to have on hand. Not only does it serve as a handy area for serving drinks, but it also adds a touch of sophistication and elegance to your outdoor space.
When it comes to bar cart styling, there are a few key tips to keep in mind. First, make sure you have a variety of glassware on hand. From tumblers to flutes, having a range of options allows your guests to choose the ideal glass for their drink of choice. Don’t forget to include a cocktail shaker, jigger, tongs, and muddler for mixing up the perfect drinks.
Next, consider the type of bar cart that will best suit your backyard and entertainment needs. From sleek and modern to vintage and traditional, there are bar carts available in a range of styles to match your personal aesthetic. If you have limited space, opt for a smaller cart that can still hold all of your essential items.
Another important aspect to consider is the overall look and feel of your backyard. You want your bar cart to seamlessly blend into the space and not stick out like a sore thumb. Look for a cart that matches the texture and color of your outdoor furniture to create a cohesive and inviting environment.
Designers often suggest incorporating plants and other natural elements into your bar cart setup. This not only adds a touch of greenery to the space but also helps to bring the outdoors in. Consider placing small potted plants or herbs on the cart, or even hanging them from a nearby tree or railing.
When hosting an outdoor gathering, it’s important to keep your guests informed. Have a small sign or information card on the bar cart that lists the available drink options, along with any special instructions for making certain cocktails. This will help guests choose their beverages and feel more confident in their selections.
Don’t forget to also provide an area for guests to place their drinks while they mingle. Consider having a few buckets of ice on hand to keep beverages chilled throughout the night. You could even have a separate table or stand set up with additional glassware and napkins.
Ultimately, the goal is to create an inviting and welcoming space for your guests to enjoy. Whether you’re having a casual get-together or a more formal gathering, a well-styled bar cart can be an essential piece of entertainment equipment. So, take these expert tips into consideration when styling your backyard bar cart and get ready to welcome your guests in style!
16 Dress up a bar cart
Adding a bar cart to your home can instantly bring a touch of elegance and sophistication to any living space. Whether you’re a cocktail expert or just enjoy having a handy area to serve drinks at parties, a bar cart is the perfect addition to your home. Here are 16 tips and ideas for dressing up your bar cart:
- Choose the right cart: Look for a bar cart that fits the style and size of your space. Vintage carts can add a classic feel, while modern designs can create a sleek and sophisticated look.
- Stock up on glassware: Having a variety of glassware is essential for serving different types of cocktails. Keep a selection of tumblers, flutes, and even martini glasses on hand.
- Don’t forget the essentials: Make sure to have all the necessary tools for making cocktails, such as a shaker, jigger, muddler, and tongs.
- Add some texture: Bring in texture by placing a decorative tray or fabric on the surface of the cart. This adds visual interest and creates a more inviting look.
- Arrange your bottles: Organize your bottles of alcohol and mixers in an aesthetically pleasing way. Place taller bottles in the back and shorter ones in the front.
- Display your cocktail recipes: Create a small table or stand next to the bar cart where you can display cocktail recipes. This way, your guests can easily make their own drinks.
- Keep it stocked: Make sure your bar cart is always well-stocked with all the necessary ingredients for your favorite cocktails. This way, you’re always ready to mix up a drink.
- Add some greenery: Bring in some plants or flowers to liven up the bar cart. A small vase of fresh flowers or a potted plant can add a touch of nature to the space.
- Don’t forget the ice: Keep a bucket or container of ice on the cart to keep drinks cool. This way, you can serve chilled champagne or other beverages.
- Consider the lighting: If you’re planning to use your bar cart in the evening, consider adding some ambient lighting to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Get inspired by designers: Look for inspiration from professional designers and experts in bar cart styling. They often have great tips and ideas for creating the ultimate bar cart setup.
- Create a signature cocktail: If you’re having a party, consider creating a signature cocktail that reflects the theme or occasion. This adds a personal touch to the bar cart setup.
- Make it mobile: If you’re short on space, choose a bar cart with wheels so that you can easily move it around when needed.
- Keep it neat and organized: Avoid clutter on your bar cart by keeping it neat and organized. Use trays or containers to corral smaller items like bottle openers or cocktail napkins.
- Consider the surroundings: Take into account the overall style and decor of the room when styling your bar cart. Make sure it complements the existing furniture and design.
- Get creative with storage: If you’re wondering where to store all your bar cart essentials, think outside the kitchen. Consider using a small cabinet or shelving unit nearby to keep everything within reach.
By following these tips and ideas, you can dress up your bar cart and create the perfect area for serving drinks in your home. Whether you’re hosting a party or just enjoying a quiet night in, a well-styled bar cart is sure to impress your guests and make you feel like a true mixology expert.
What can you put on a bar cart besides alcohol
Bar carts are no longer just for serving drinks. They have evolved into versatile pieces of furniture that can be used for various purposes. Whether you’re a cocktail expert or simply want to create a sophisticated and elegant area for entertaining, there are plenty of items you can put on a bar cart besides alcohol.
No bar cart is complete without a selection of glassware. Choose a mix of tumblers, wine glasses, champagne flutes, and cocktail glasses to cater to different preferences. The right glassware can enhance the overall drinking experience and add a touch of luxury to your bar cart.
2. Bar tools
Having the right tools is essential for mixing up your favorite cocktails. Stock your bar cart with a cocktail shaker, jigger, strainer, muddler, and bar spoon. These tools will come in handy when you’re ready to showcase your mixology skills.
3. Mixers and garnishes
No cocktail is complete without mixers and garnishes. Keep a selection of bitters, simple syrup, soda water, and tonic water on your bar cart. You can also add fresh fruits, herbs, and spices to garnish your drinks and add an extra layer of flavor.
4. Non-alcoholic beverages
Not everyone drinks alcohol, so it’s important to offer non-alcoholic options as well. Stock your bar cart with a variety of juices, sodas, and sparkling water. This way, you can cater to the preferences of all your guests.
When people are enjoying a drink, they often crave something to snack on. Place a bowl of nuts, a plate of cheese and crackers, or some chocolates on your bar cart to satisfy those cravings.
6. Serving accessories
To serve your drinks in style, include a selection of serving accessories on your bar cart. This can include a set of cocktail napkins, a decanter, ice buckets, and tongs for handling ice. These accessories will add a touch of elegance to your bar cart setup.
7. Books and magazines
If you want to give your bar cart a more personal touch, consider adding some books or magazines about cocktails, mixology, or bartending. This not only offers a visual element to your bar cart but also provides some reading material for guests.
8. Decorative items
Add some decorative items to your bar cart to make it visually appealing. This could include a vase of flowers, a vintage cocktail shaker, or some artwork. These items will add a personal touch and make your bar cart a focal point in your living or dining area.
Add some greenery to your bar cart by placing a small potted plant or succulent. This will bring a fresh and natural feel to your setup and create a more inviting and lively atmosphere.
10. Textured linens
Dress up your bar cart with textured linens such as a patterned table runner or a fabric tray liner. These small details can make your bar cart look even more stylish and put-together.
When it comes to bar carts, the possibilities are endless. Whether you want to create a classic and traditional look or a more modern and contemporary vibe, there are endless ways to style your bar cart and make it a focal point in your home. So, start exploring and get ready to have the perfect bar cart setup to impress your guests.
What do you put on a bar cart
When it comes to curating the perfect bar cart, there are a few key items that you simply can’t forget. Whether you’re a seasoned entertainer or just starting to dip your toe into the world of home bartending, having a well-stocked and stylish bar cart is a must.
One of the first things to consider when creating your bar cart is the glassware. A set of champagne flutes, cocktail glasses, and tumblers will ensure you have the right glass for every type of drink you serve. Opt for vintage glassware for a touch of elegance or choose a modern and sleek design for a sophisticated look.
Next, you’ll want to have all the necessary tools for making cocktails. A shaker, jigger, muddler, and bar spoon are essential. Don’t forget a strainer and a citrus squeezer for those fresh juice cocktails.
Having a variety of spirits is also important. Stock your bar cart with a selection of your favorite liqueurs, spirits, and mixers. This way, your guests can choose their drink of choice, and you can experiment with different cocktail recipes.
For the ultimate bar cart setup, consider adding some stylish accessories. A wine rack or a wine bottle holder can add a touch of elegance, while an ice bucket and tongs will keep your drinks perfectly chilled. A small bowl filled with fresh fruit or garnishes can add a pop of color and make your bar cart feel more inviting.
And let’s not forget about the decor. Adding a piece of art or a plant to your bar cart can instantly elevate its look and make it a focal point in your living space. Consider incorporating a decorative tray to keep all your items organized and creating a cohesive look.
If you’re wondering how to arrange your items on the bar cart, an expert tip is to group similar items together. Place the glassware together, the tools together, and the spirits together. This not only makes it easier for people to find what they need but also creates a visually pleasing arrangement.
Lastly, don’t forget to keep some entertaining and informational items on your bar cart. A cocktail recipe book, coasters, and cocktail stirrers are all great additions. You can even add a small sign or card with the recipes of your favorite cocktails.
So, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to have a handy bar setup in your home, these tips will help you create the perfect bar cart. With a well-stocked and stylish bar cart, you can be sure that your guests will feel impressed and enjoy the ultimate entertainment experience.