Console tables are not only practical, but also decorative pieces that can add a touch of style to any space. Whether you are decorating your entryway or looking for a way to complete your living room, a console table can be a smart and versatile addition to your home. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect one. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with these 18 ideas to style your console table.
One way to style your console table is to use it as a surface to display artwork. Place a beautiful piece of art above the table and keep it simple with a few carefully arranged accessories. Another approach is to use the table to showcase a collection of books. By adding a stack of books and a decorative bowl or lamp, you can create a perfectly styled vignette that reflects your personal style and interests.
If you’re looking for a more classic and timeless look, a console table can be the perfect piece to introduce a touch of symmetry into your space. Place a pair of lamps or candlesticks on either side of the table, along with some fresh flowers in a beautiful vase. This will create a focal point that is both stylish and welcoming.
If you prefer a more contemporary and minimalist look, you can opt for a console table with clean lines and a simple finish. This will allow you to create a cohesive look by adding only a few carefully chosen accessories. You could display a statement piece of artwork or a single decorative item, such as a sculpture or a unique vase.
When it comes to console table styling, the most important thing is to make sure it reflects your personal style and the overall design scheme of your home. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different arrangements and accessories until you find the perfect look. And remember, the best advice is to have fun and enjoy the process of decorating!
How to style a console table
When it comes to decorating your entryway or any other space, a console table can be a fabulous addition. Not only does it add a stylish touch to the area, but it also serves as a focal point for your space. Here are some ideas and tips to help you style your console table beautifully:
- Consider the space: Before you start decorating your console table, take a look at the space behind it. Is it empty, or is there something already there that you need to work around? Understanding the layout of the space will help you decide how to approach the styling of your console table.
- Choose a theme or color scheme: To create a cohesive look, it’s important to choose a theme or color palette for your console table. This will help guide your decisions on the accessories and objects you use to style it. Whether you prefer a classic or contemporary look, selecting a theme will ensure that everything on your table works together harmoniously.
- Select a few key accessories: Rather than cluttering your console table with too many objects, opt for a few key accessories that make a statement. A framed photograph, a bowl of fresh flowers, or a beautifully designed sculpture can all add impact to your table.
- Add height and depth: When styling a console table, it’s important to vary the height and depth of the objects you use. This adds visual interest and prevents the table from looking flat. Consider using objects of different heights, such as a tall vase or a stack of books, and place them at different distances from the back of the table.
- Hang artwork or a mirror above: If there is wall space above your console table, consider hanging a piece of artwork or a mirror. This will help create a complete look and make the area feel more finished. Choose a piece that complements the style and color scheme of your console table.
- Make use of the space below: Don’t forget to style the area below your console table as well. Adding a basket, a small stool, or a stack of magazines can help create a cohesive look and make the space feel complete.
- Follow your own style: While it’s important to consider design principles and tips, don’t forget to follow your own style and preferences. Your console table should reflect your own taste and personality. Add objects and accessories that you love, and make it a space that makes you feel happy and inspired.
With these ideas and tips, you can create a beautifully styled console table that adds a touch of elegance to your space. Whether you prefer a classic or contemporary look, there are endless possibilities for decorating your console table in a way that suits your style and makes a statement in your home.
1 Make space for a console in a small space
Even if you have a small entryway or limited space in your home, you can still create a stylish and functional area with a console table. The contemporary and versatile design of a console table makes it a perfect addition to any small space.
When choosing a console table for a small space, opt for a sleek and compact design. A console table with a narrow profile and minimalistic features will help you save space while still providing you with a surface to display decorative items and essentials.
For a cohesive look, choose a console table with a finish that echoes the other furniture in the room. If you have a modern and contemporary theme, go for a console table with a sleek metal or glass finish. If your space has a more classic and traditional vibe, consider a console table with a wood finish.
Once you have chosen the perfect console table for your small space, it’s time to style it. To make the most of the limited space, create a vignette on the table’s surface by arranging a few carefully curated items. Here are some ideas:
- Books: Stack a few books in varying heights to add dimension and visual interest.
- Vases: Place a couple of vases with fresh flowers to add a touch of color and freshness.
- Decorative bowl: Introduce a beautiful bowl to hold keys, loose change, or small trinkets.
- Photographs: Frame and display some of your favorite photographs for a personal touch.
- Hanging wall art: If you have enough wall space above the console table, hang some artwork to create a statement and draw the eye upwards.
When decorating a console table in a small space, it’s important to keep the arrangement simple and uncluttered. Avoid overcrowding the surface with too many items, as it can make the space feel cramped. Instead, focus on a few key pieces that make a statement and leave enough breathing room.
Remember, the console table will be the focal point of the entryway or small space, so it’s essential to make it look put-together and intentional. By following these tips and styling advice, you can create a cohesive and visually appealing console table arrangement that adds both functionality and style to your home.
2 Put a console table to good use
A console table is a great piece of furniture that can serve multiple purposes in your home. Whether you place it in your entryway, living room, or even in your bedroom, a console table can be both functional and decorative.
When choosing a console table, you have a variety of options to consider. You can choose a classic wooden table, a modern glass table, or even a vintage-inspired table. Ashley DeLapp, a designer, suggests opting for a narrow console table if you have limited space.
To decorate your console table, you can paint it in a color that matches your home’s color palette or keep it as it is for a more natural look. You can also add decorative items on top, such as framed artwork, vases, or books. According to DeLapp, introducing plants or sculptures can make a big impact and add a touch of greenery or artistry to the space.
A console table can also be a great place to display your curated collection. Whether it’s a collection of books, vases, or artwork, they can beautifully enhance the overall look of your table. Additionally, you can use the space below the table to place baskets or bins to keep your belongings organized.
Designers emphasize the importance of symmetry when styling a console table. You can achieve this by placing matching lamps or candlesticks on either side of the table. Another way to ensure symmetry is to hang a framed artwork or a mirror above the table.
If you’re looking for a focal point in your living room or entryway, a console table can be just the piece you need. It can serve as a central point to anchor the room and tie all the elements together. To make a bold statement, you can choose a console table with a unique design or a striking color.
Whether you choose a console table for its functionality or its decorative qualities, it is a versatile piece of furniture that can enhance the overall look of your home. With a console table, you have endless possibilities to express your personal style and create a space that is both functional and visually appealing.
3 Decorate a console with a curated display
When it comes to decorating a console table, one of the key strategies is to create a curated display. This means selecting a carefully chosen selection of decorative objects, artwork, and furniture to showcase on the surface of the console table.
By curating your display, you can create a visually appealing arrangement that reflects your personal style and complements the overall design of your entryway or living space. Here are some ideas to help you decorate your console table with a curated display:
1. Start with a focal piece
Every curated display needs a focal point that draws the eye and sets the tone for the rest of the arrangement. This could be a large piece of artwork, a statement mirror, or even a sculptural object. Choose something that reflects your personal style and stands out against the backdrop of the console table.
2. Add symmetry
For a polished and balanced look, consider adding symmetry to your curated display. This can be achieved by placing a matching pair of objects or symmetrical arrangements on either side of the console table. For example, you could place two table lamps or a pair of sculptures on either end of the table.
3. Mix and match
Don’t be afraid to mix and match different types of decorative objects. For example, you could display a mix of framed artwork, vases with fresh flowers, and decorative bowls. This will add visual interest to your curated display and give it a more eclectic and layered look.
4. Consider the size and scale
When selecting decorative objects for your console table, consider the size and scale of the table itself. If you have a large console table, you can choose larger and more impactful pieces to create a dramatic effect. On the other hand, if you have a smaller console table, opt for smaller and more delicate objects to ensure they don’t overwhelm the space.
5. Stick to a color palette
To create a cohesive and harmonious look, consider sticking to a specific color palette when selecting decorative objects for your console table. This could be a monochromatic color scheme, a complementary color scheme, or even a mix of neutral tones. By sticking to a color palette, you can ensure that all the objects on your console table work together and create a visually pleasing display.
6. Get personal
Lastly, don’t forget to add a personal touch to your curated display. This could be by displaying sentimental objects, family photos, or even showcasing your favorite books. Adding a personal touch will make your console table feel more like a reflection of your unique personality and style.
In conclusion, decorating a console table with a curated display is a great way to showcase your personal style and create a visually appealing arrangement. Whether you prefer a contemporary look with clean lines and minimalist objects or a more eclectic mix of antiques and modern pieces, these ideas will help you create a fabulous display that perfectly suits your needs. Remember to have fun with it and let your creativity shine!
4 Create a cohesive look
Creating a cohesive look is an important aspect of styling a console table in your entryway or any other space in your home. This means that all the elements you choose for your table should work together harmoniously, creating a unified and well-designed display.
When selecting accessories for your console table, it’s important to consider the overall theme or style of your space. Whether you want a classic and timeless look or a more contemporary and eclectic feeling, choosing accessories that match your desired aesthetic will help create a cohesive look.
One smart approach to achieve a cohesive look is to choose accessories that have a similar color scheme or finish. For example, if your console table has a wood finish, consider decorating it with vases, frames, or other decorative pieces that have a similar wood tone. This creates a natural flow and connection between the different elements on your table.
Another approach to create a cohesive look is by considering the lines and shape of your console table. If your table has clean and sleek lines, you might want to choose accessories that have a modern and minimalist design. On the other hand, if your table has more curves and intricate details, you could opt for accessories that are more ornate and traditional in style.
Consider the height and scale of the accessories you choose for your console table. You want to create a visual balance and avoid overcrowding or overwhelming the table. For example, if you have a large console table, you can add a statement piece such as a tall vase or a piece of artwork framed at the perfect height to serve as a focal point. On the other hand, if you have a narrow table, you might want to focus on adding smaller accessories that provide a sense of symmetry and balance.
One beautiful way to create a cohesive look is by creating a vignette on your console table. This means grouping together a few carefully chosen accessories that work well together visually. You can create a vignette by placing a tray or a stack of books as a base, then adding a few smaller decorative pieces on top. Playing around with the arrangement until you find what looks best is the key to achieving a well-balanced and visually pleasing vignette.
Don’t forget to consider the wall space above your console table when creating a cohesive look. You can hang artwork or mirrors on the wall to add some visual interest and depth to the whole display. Make sure the size and style of the artwork or mirror complements the console table and the rest of the space.
By following these ideas and tips, you can create a cohesive and stylish look for your console table. Whether you’re decorating your entryway or any other area in your home, a well-designed console table can be a fabulous focal point that reflects your personal style and sets the tone for the rest of the space.
5 Opt for a pair of table lamps
When it comes to styling a console table, a pair of table lamps can make a big impact. Not only do they provide practical lighting, but they also add symmetry and balance to the overall design. Whether your console table is large or narrow, a pair of table lamps will help to complete the look.
Every designer knows that lighting is key to creating the right ambiance in a room. And table lamps are the perfect choice for console tables because they are versatile and can be easily moved around to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere or a bright and airy space, table lamps can help you achieve the desired effect.
When choosing table lamps for your console table, consider the scale and style of the lamps. If you have a large console table, opt for larger table lamps that will make a statement. On the other hand, if your console table is narrow, choose smaller table lamps that won’t overpower the space.
To ensure a cohesive and curated look, it’s a good idea to choose table lamps that echo the style and theme of the rest of your home. If you have a modern and minimalist aesthetic, opt for sleek and simple table lamps. If your home is filled with antiques and vintage pieces, consider table lamps with a more traditional design.
In addition to table lamps, don’t forget to add other accessories to your console table. A carefully arranged vignette of artwork, objets d’art, flowers, or books can help to create a visually interesting and dynamic space. And don’t be afraid to layer and experiment with different heights and textures to add depth and dimension to the arrangement.
Remember that the console table is often placed against a wall, so it can serve as a focal point in the room. By adding a pair of table lamps, you can draw attention to the table and create a cohesive and stylish look. Whether you choose matching lamps or mix and match different styles, table lamps are a smart and versatile choice.
In conclusion, adding a pair of table lamps to your console table is an important design move that can enhance the overall look and feel of the space. Whether you’re going for a fabulous and glamorous look or a more relaxed and casual vibe, table lamps can help you achieve the desired effect. So don’t overlook this important design element when styling your console table.
6 Make it minimal
If you want a perfectly clean and minimalist look for your console table, then this idea is for you. By submitting to a minimalistic theme, you can create a space that is both simple and elegant.
Gather a few key pieces that you love and that fit within a monochromatic color scheme. Gunter says, “Keep it simple by hanging a single piece of artwork above the table and decorate the surface with a pair of sculptures or objets.”
“What’s great about a minimal look is that it allows your console table to speak for itself,” says Gunter. “The key is to keep the overall look clean and streamlined while still adding enough interest to make a statement.”
To achieve this look, focus on a few key elements: a narrow console table, a statement-making artwork or wallpaper behind it, and a carefully selected pair of sculptures or objets d’art to complete the arrangement.
Be conscious of scale in a minimal look, too. “In small rooms, a console table that’s too large can overwhelm the space, while a console table that’s too small can look lost,” says Ashley DeLapp, a designer at Decorist.
“To ensure the console table looks great, you’ll want to consider the height, width, and depth, as well as the scale of any decorative objects displayed on or behind it,” adds DeLapp. “That will ensure the console table is in proportion to the rest of the room.”
When decorating a minimal console table, “looking for objects with clean lines and a natural color palette is important,” says Gunter. “Photographs in simple frames, a stack of books, or a single vase of flowers can all be great choices.”
Though a minimal look may seem easy to achieve, it requires a thoughtful eye and careful consideration of every element. If done right, a minimal console table can make a big impact in your home’s entryway or any other space.
7 Match materials or echo shapes
One way to create a cohesive look for your console table is to match the materials of the items you place on top or to echo the shapes of certain pieces. This can help tie together different accessories and create a harmonious arrangement.
For example, if you have a console table made of natural wood, consider adding accessories that also feature natural materials like a ceramic bowl or a stone sculpture. This will create a cohesive and natural aesthetic in your space.
Louise says, “When considering how to style a console table, think about the materials and shapes that you like and want to display. Gather these items and place them together to create a curated vignette.”
If you have a modern console table with clean lines, you can complement it with sleek and minimalist objects like a statement lamp or a pair of vases. This will add a contemporary touch to your entryway.
For a more traditional look, consider adding antique objects like old books or vintage photographs. These can be beautifully displayed on a console table and add a sense of history and charm to your space.
When matching materials or echoing shapes, it’s important to keep the overall color scheme in mind. Make sure the accessories and sculptures you choose have colors that work well together and with the rest of your living space.
By matching materials or echoing shapes, you can create a cohesive and beautifully curated arrangement on your console table. Whether you’re adding objets d’art or keeping it simple with flowers, the key is to find items that complement each other and work well together.
So, when considering how to style a console table, think about the materials and shapes that you like and want to display. Gather these items and place them together to create a curated vignette that perfectly suits your entryway.
Subscribe to our newsletter below to get the latest ideas and inspiration from top designers delivered straight to your inbox!
8 Display art on a console table
One of the best ways to add personality and style to a console table is by displaying art on its surface. Whether you have a narrow table in an entryway or a larger console table in a living room, art can instantly elevate the space and make a statement. Here are some ideas for displaying art on a console table:
- Pair of paintings: Hang a pair of paintings above the console table to create a symmetrical arrangement. This will add balance to the whole space and make it more visually appealing.
- Photographs: Display your favorite photographs in frames on the console table. Choose pictures that hold sentimental value or fit the overall theme of the room.
- Sculpture: Place a sculpture or a small statue on the console table to add a three-dimensional element to the display. It can be a contemporary piece or an antique that adds a touch of history.
- Art behind the table: If you have enough wall space, consider hanging art behind the console table. This will create a layered effect and make the whole arrangement more interesting.
- Curated collection: Display a curated collection of smaller art pieces, such as prints or postcards, on the table’s surface. This will create a dynamic and visually stimulating display.
- Designer touch: If you’re looking for a designer touch, consider placing a statement piece of art on or above the console table. This will instantly grab attention and become the focal point of the space.
- Smart use of height: Vary the heights of the art pieces on the console table to create visual interest. Mix tall and short pieces to keep the arrangement from looking too flat.
- Paint the table: If you have a plain console table, consider painting it a bold color to make an impact. This will make the art pieces stand out even more and create a cohesive look.
9 Keep it natural
When choosing a style for your console table, consider going for a natural look. This approach can create a fabulous and inviting entryway or focal point in any room. Start by choosing natural materials like wood or stone for the table itself. Designers often recommend opting for a console table with a simple and clean design, as this will help to create a cohesive look throughout the space.
To add natural elements to your console table, you can use vases with flowers that reflect the natural theme. Natural-looking photographs or sculptures can also be displayed on the table to add a personal touch. A large statement piece such as a framed wall art or a beautiful bowl made of natural materials can also make a great impact.
To ensure symmetry and balance, you can place a pair of lamps on the table. This not only adds functionality to the space but also helps to create a cohesive look. Choose lamps with a natural and earthy color scheme to further enhance the overall natural theme.
If you’re looking for more natural elements to incorporate, consider adding decorative items like a sculpture or framed photographs on the wall above the console table. This will help to create a visually appealing and cohesive look for the entire space.
When considering the height of the items to be displayed, it’s best to take the advice of a designer. They will be able to help you determine the right height for each piece based on the needs of the space. If you choose to place a pair of lamps on the table, ensure that they are tall enough to provide adequate lighting.
If you want a contemporary look, consider a console table made of wood that has been painted or stained in a natural color. This will help to create a modern and fresh look, while still incorporating natural elements.
To make sure your console table beautifully fits into your entryway or the room it’s placed in, it’s important to consider the space itself. Look at the surrounding furniture and decorative items to ensure that they complement the natural theme. Pairing the console table with natural-looking pieces will help to create a cohesive and inviting space.
By keeping your console table natural, you can create a fabulous and inviting entryway or focal point in any room. So consider opting for natural materials, choosing decorative items that reflect the natural theme, and ensuring symmetry and balance in the space. Following these tips will help you create a beautiful and cohesive look for your console table.
10 Adopt a contemporary approach
If you’re looking to create a modern and stylish look for your console table, adopting a contemporary approach is the way to go. Contemporary style is all about clean lines, minimalism, and a curated arrangement. Here are some ideas to help you achieve a contemporary look for your console table:
- Keep it minimal: In contemporary decorating, less is more. Instead of cluttering the surface of your console table with decorative objects, choose a few key pieces that make a statement.
- Think about scale and proportion: Make sure the items you choose for your console table are in proportion to the size of the table and the space it’s in. An oversized vase or a tiny knick-knack may not have the desired impact.
- Stick to a color palette: Contemporary style often favors a neutral color palette with pops of bold hues. Choose a color scheme that complements the rest of the room and stick to it when decorating your console table.
- Hang a large piece of artwork or a mirror above the table: A framed artwork or a mirror can add depth and visual interest to your console table. Choose a piece that speaks to your personal style and complements the overall theme of the room.
- Pair your console table with a statement furniture piece: A contemporary console table looks great when paired with a modern chair or a sleek bench. This not only adds extra seating but also creates a cohesive and stylish look.
- Add fresh flowers or plants: A vase of flowers or a potted plant can instantly bring life to your console table. Choose flowers or plants that coordinate with the rest of your decor and change them regularly to keep the space feeling fresh.
- Create a curated vignette: Instead of randomly arranging decorative objects on your console table, create a curated vignette by arranging items of different heights and shapes. Play with the placement until you achieve a visually appealing arrangement.
- Incorporate a bowl or tray: Adding a decorative bowl or tray to your console table can be both functional and stylish. Use it to hold keys, mail, or other small items, or simply as a decorative piece.
- Follow the latest trends: Stay up to date with the latest trends in home decorating to keep your console table looking modern and stylish. Subscribe to design magazines or newsletters to get the latest ideas and inspiration delivered straight to your inbox.
- Get advice from experts: If you’re unsure about how to style your console table, don’t hesitate to seek help from interior design professionals. They can provide guidance and advice tailored to your specific needs and preferences.
By adopting a contemporary approach to styling your console table, you can create a beautifully curated space that perfectly complements the rest of your entryway or living room. Follow these ideas and let your console table make a fabulous statement all on its own.
11 Change the lines
One of the easiest ways to style a console table and change up the look is to play with the lines of the items you place on top. Whether your console table is long and narrow or short and wide, you can create visual interest by varying the height and shape of the objects you display.
If your console table itself has clean, straight lines, you can add contrast by choosing accessories with more organic and curvaceous forms. Conversely, if your table has a more ornate and decorative design, you might want to opt for sleek and streamlined objects to balance the overall look.
Below are some curated ideas for changing the lines on your console table:
- Showcase a large sculpture or artwork that adds height to the table. This can create a focal point and draw attention to the piece.
- Place a stack of books or a tray at an angle to introduce diagonal lines. This adds visual interest and breaks up the straight lines of the table.
- Add a tall vase with fresh flowers or branches to bring vertical lines into the mix. This adds height and a touch of nature to your console table.
- Frame a beautiful artwork or photograph and lean it against the wall behind the table. This adds depth and a sense of layering to your display.
- Choose decorative objects in varying heights and arrange them in a cascading manner from tallest to shortest. This creates a dynamic and visually pleasing composition.
- Hang a mirror above the console table to reflect light and create the illusion of more space. This also adds another layer of dimension to your setup.
- If you have a large console table, consider placing two smaller sculptures or decorative objects at each end. This creates symmetry and balances the overall look.
- Consider adding wallpaper or a textured backdrop to the wall behind your console table. This can add another dimension and enhance the visual impact of your display.
- Include a small potted plant or succulent to bring a touch of greenery and life to your console table. This adds a fresh and natural element to the overall composition.
- If you want to make a bold statement, choose a theme for your console table and stick to it. Whether it’s a vintage theme, a coastal theme, or a modern theme, ensure that all the objects and accessories you display align with your chosen style.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with your console table styling. Mix and match different objects, rearrange them frequently, and let your creativity shine through!
Remember, the goal is to create a cohesive and beautifully curated display that reflects your personal style and complements the overall design of your entryway or living room. By changing the lines and adding visual interest, you can transform your console table into a fabulous focal point.
12 Choose antiques
Adding antiques to your console table can elevate the style and add a touch of history to your space. Antique pieces have a unique charm and can bring character to any room. Here are some ideas on how to incorporate antiques into your console table decor:
- Height: Choose antiques that vary in height to create visual interest. For example, you can place a tall antique vase next to a smaller antique sculpture to achieve balance.
- Accessories: Antiques can be used as accessories to display on your console table. These can include decorative vases, bowls, or small sculptures.
- Artwork: Antique paintings or framed prints can be displayed behind the console table to create a focal point. You can also hang antique mirrors above the table to add depth to the space.
- Color scheme: Consider the color scheme of your console table and choose antiques that complement the overall design. For example, if your console table has a neutral color palette, opt for antique pieces in coordinating colors.
- Scale: Pay attention to the scale of the antiques you choose. Make sure they are not too large or too small in comparison to the size of your console table.
- Cohesive design: To create a cohesive look, choose antiques that have similar design elements or styles. This will ensure that the pieces work well together and enhance the overall aesthetic.
- Narrow console tables: If you have a narrow console table, consider using small antiques that fit the scale of the table. This will prevent the space from feeling cluttered.
- Introduce a conversation piece: Antique pieces often have unique stories behind them. Use an antique item as a conversation starter when guests visit your home.
Incorporating antiques into your console table decorating makes your space feel more curated and personal. Antique pieces can bring a sense of history and character that new furniture may not have.
For more ideas on how to style your console table, sign up for our newsletter to get the latest trends and tips delivered straight to your inbox!
13 Play with pastels
For a soft and beautiful touch, consider styling your console table with pastel colors. Pastels are the latest trend in home decor and can create a feeling of calm and serenity in your space. The color palette can include light pinks, lavenders, mint greens, and baby blues.
When considering pastels for your console table, you have a few options. You can choose to go all out with a pastel-colored table or pick a neutral finish and add pastel accents. Either way, it’s important to keep the scale in mind. A small pastel bowl or a vase of pastel flowers can make a big impact on the overall look of your table.
To complete the pastel look, you can also hang a pastel-colored framed photograph or artwork on the wall above the table. This not only adds to the pastel color scheme but also creates a sense of balance and harmony in the space.
Ashley Gunter, a designer at Delapp Gardens, suggests pairing pastels with natural materials and textures. “An antique wooden bowl or a woven basket can add a touch of warmth and depth to your pastel scheme,” she says. “Don’t be afraid to mix and match different pastel shades or play with different textures to create an interesting and unique look.”
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to style your console table, sign up for our newsletter to get our latest decorating advice delivered straight to your inbox. We have plenty of tips and tricks to help you choose the perfect piece for your space and complete every look.
14 Frame an entry table display with wallpaper
If you’re looking for a smart way to make a statement with your entryway table, then framing it with wallpaper is the answer. By decorating the wall behind your table with wallpaper, you can create a cohesive and curated look that instantly elevates the space.
Start by choosing a wallpaper design that complements the style of your entryway. Whether you prefer a bold and vibrant pattern or a more subtle and neutral tone, the wallpaper will help set the tone for the rest of the decor.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect wallpaper, place it behind your entry table, so that it acts as a frame for the display. This will draw attention to the table and make it the focal point of the space.
Now, it’s time to arrange your entry table with a beautiful selection of decor items. Start by adding a pair of lamps on either side of the table to create symmetry. This will not only add height and dimension to the display but also provide functional lighting for the area.
Next, add a mix of accessories such as vases, sculptures, and artwork. Play with different heights and sizes to create visual interest. You can also incorporate natural elements, such as potted plants or flowers, to bring a fresh feeling to the display.
To complete the framed look, make sure that the decor items are perfectly centered on the wallpaper. This will give the arrangement a clean and polished appearance.
According to interior designers Ashley Gunter and Louise Fields, it’s important to scale the decor items appropriately for the size of your entry table and the wall space. If you have a narrow table, choose smaller accessories, or if you have a large table, go for more substantial pieces. This will ensure that the display looks proportionate and balanced.
Overall, framing an entry table display with wallpaper is a beautiful and impactful way to introduce personality into your entryway. It creates a stylish backdrop for your decor items, making them stand out even more. So, get creative with your wallpaper choice and start decorating your entry table today!
15 Display prized antiques in an entryway
One of the best ways to create a focal point in your entryway is to display prized antiques. Whether it’s a large statement piece or a collection of smaller items, showcasing antiques can add a touch of history and elegance to your space.
When it comes to decorating with antiques, designers recommend using a mix of old and new pieces to create a smart and stylish scheme. For example, pairing antique lamps with contemporary artwork or mixing antique vases with modern accessories can create an interesting and visually appealing contrast.
Ashley Gunter, a designer, emphasizes the importance of properly placing your antiques. She suggests placing a large framed painting or a beautiful antique mirror on the wall above the console table to make a bold statement. You can also place a pair of antique lamps on either side of the table to complete the look.
If you’re looking for a more contemporary approach, consider displaying smaller antique items, such as a collection of books or a decorative bowl. These smaller pieces can still make a big impact and add character to your entryway.
Louise Louise, a designer, suggests using antiques to introduce a whole new theme to your entryway. For example, if you have a vintage table, you can pair it with antique accessories like a vintage lamp or a collection of old books to create a cohesive and stylish look.
When displaying antiques, it’s important to consider scale and height. Make sure that the size of the antiques is appropriate for the size of the console table and the overall space. Use different heights to create visual interest and add depth to your display.
What’s more, framing your antiques is a great way to give them a polished and finished look. You can use framed antique maps, vintage photographs, or even old postcards to add an extra layer of interest to your display.
To help gather inspiration for your entryway, below is a table with 9 more ideas from the latest designers’ collections. Sign up for our newsletter to get more decorating tips and ideas delivered straight to your inbox!
|Ashley Gunter||Display a pair of antique lamps on the console table|
|Louise Louise||Introduce a vintage theme with antique accessories|
|Ashley Gunter||Place a large framed painting or mirror on the wall|
|Louise Louise||Showcase a collection of vintage books|
|Ashley Gunter||Use antique vases to display fresh flowers|
|Louise Louise||Decorate with an antique bowl filled with decorative objects|
|Ashley Gunter||Add a small antique sculpture for a touch of whimsy|
|Louise Louise||Hang a collection of antique keys on the wall|
|Ashley Gunter||Display a vintage clock for a unique focal point|
16 Decorate a console table to make a small entryway feel larger
When you have a small entryway, every square inch of space is important. A console table placed behind your front door can be just the piece of furniture you need to make your entryway look larger and more inviting. By styling your console table in a thoughtful way, you can create the illusion of a bigger space and add a fabulous decorative touch to your home.
1. Keep it simple
In a small entryway, it’s important to keep the console table styling simple. Avoid cluttering the table with too many items, as this can make the space feel cramped. Instead, opt for a minimalist look with just a few carefully chosen pieces.
2. Choose a console table with a slim profile
If your entryway is small, choose a console table with a slim profile. This will help ensure that the table doesn’t take up too much space and doesn’t feel overwhelming in the room.
3. Add a large mirror
One of the best ways to make a small entryway feel larger is by adding a large mirror above the console table. The mirror will reflect light and create the illusion of more space. It will also serve as a functional piece, allowing you to quickly check your appearance before heading out.
4. Use a light color palette
Light colors can make a small space feel larger and brighter. Choose a console table with a light-colored finish, such as white or a natural wood tone, to help open up the entryway. You can also consider using a light-colored table runner or decorative items to add a touch of color.
5. Hang a statement artwork
If you have enough vertical space above your console table, hanging a statement artwork can be a great way to add visual interest and make the room feel larger. Choose a piece that complements your overall decor and acts as a focal point in the entryway.
6. Use symmetrical styling
Creating symmetry on your console table can help make a small entryway feel more cohesive and organized. Place matching lamps, vases, or decorative objects on each side of the table to achieve a balanced look.
7. Add a touch of greenery
Adding plants or flowers to your console table can make the space feel more vibrant and alive. Choose plants that thrive in low-light conditions and don’t require a lot of maintenance. You can also use faux plants if you prefer.
8. Consider hanging a gallery wall
If you have a blank wall behind your console table, consider creating a gallery wall. Hang a collection of framed photos or artwork in various sizes and shapes to add visual interest to the space. This can also help draw the eye upward, making the room feel taller.
9. Use decorative baskets or trays
Decorative baskets or trays can be both functional and stylish on a console table. Use them to store everyday items like keys, sunglasses, or mail. This will help keep the space organized and prevent cluttering the tabletop.
10. Add a table lamp
A table lamp can not only provide functional lighting for your entryway but also add a touch of elegance and warmth to the space. Choose a lamp that complements the style and color palette of your console table.
By following these tips and considering the needs and style of your small entryway, you can decorate a console table that makes the space feel larger and more inviting. Experiment with different ideas and gather inspiration from curated spaces to create a cohesive and stylish entryway that reflects your personal taste.
17 Pick a decorating theme for your entryway console
Choosing a decorating theme for your entryway console is an important step in styling it. A cohesive theme helps create a visually appealing and organized space that reflects your personal style. Here are some ideas to help you pick the perfect decorating theme.
- Contemporary: If you prefer a modern and sleek look, go for a contemporary theme. Use clean lines, minimal accessories, and a neutral color palette to achieve a sophisticated look.
- Rustic: Create a cozy and welcoming atmosphere with a rustic theme. Incorporate natural elements like wood, wicker, and vintage pieces to give your entryway console a warm and nostalgic vibe.
- Monochrome: For a timeless and elegant look, choose a monochrome theme. Stick to black, white, and shades of gray for a sophisticated and minimalist approach.
- Eclectic: If you love mixing different styles and showcasing your personality, an eclectic theme is for you. Combine different textures, colors, and patterns to create a unique and personalized look.
- Vintage: Embrace the charm of the past with a vintage theme. Mix antiques with contemporary pieces to create an eclectic and curated entryway console that tells a story.
- Minimalist: Keep it simple and clutter-free with a minimalist theme. Choose a few key pieces and focus on clean lines and a neutral color palette for a sleek and contemporary look.
- Natural: Bring the outdoors in with a natural theme. Use greenery, flowers, and organic materials to create a fresh and vibrant entryway console.
- Artistic: Showcase your love for art with an artistic theme. Hang paintings, sculptures, or create a gallery wall above your console to make a statement and add visual interest.
- Glamorous: Make a grand entrance with a glamorous theme. Choose a console table with a luxurious finish, add a stunning chandelier or a large mirror, and incorporate metallic accents for a touch of elegance.
- Bohemian: Embrace a carefree and eclectic style with a bohemian theme. Mix patterns, textures, and colors to create a relaxed and artistic atmosphere.
When choosing a theme, consider the overall style of your entryway and the rest of your home. The theme should be consistent with the aesthetic and decorative scheme of your living space.
Remember, the key to a well-styled entryway console is balance and cohesion. Choose an approach that reflects your personal style and complements the overall design of your home.
18 Decorate a console table with paint
If you’re looking to add a bold and colorful statement to your entryway or living room, then consider decorating your console table with paint. By using paint, you can easily transform a simple console table into a stunning focal point that reflects your personal style.
One approach to painting a console table is to choose a color that complements the overall color palette of your space. For example, if your entryway has a contemporary feel with neutral tones, you could paint the console table in a bold shade like deep blue or emerald green to add a pop of color.
Another idea is to introduce multiple colors on the console table’s surface, either by using a patterned stencil or by creating a custom design. This can help create a cohesive look with other accessories in your entryway or living room.
Consider the scale of the console table when selecting paint colors. If the table is large, you could use a darker shade to create a dramatic effect. On the other hand, if the table is smaller, a lighter color can help make the space feel more open and airy.
To ensure a finished look, don’t forget to paint the back of the console table as well. This will make the table look beautiful from every angle and complete the overall design.
When it comes to the tabletop, don’t be afraid to get creative. You could use paint to create a unique pattern, such as stripes or geometric shapes. Or, if you’re feeling artistic, you could paint a mural or landscape scene to make a statement.
If you prefer a more subtle approach to decorating with paint, you could consider adding a touch of color by painting the legs or edges of the console table. This will give the table a modern and stylish look while still keeping it sophisticated.
For a cohesive look, consider using paint colors that are echoed in other objets on the console table. For example, if you have a vase or bowl on the table, you could paint it in the same color as the table to create a harmonious effect.
Designer Ashley Louise suggests keeping the overall arrangement on the console table simple, so the paint can be the main focus. She advises using a few carefully chosen accessories, such as a vase of flowers or a stack of books, to add interest without overwhelming the space.
In addition to paint, you could also use other materials, such as wallpaper or fabric, to decorate your console table. These can be applied to the tabletop or used to line the back of the table for a unique and textured look.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, there are plenty of online resources where you can find ideas and advice for decorating console tables with paint. Websites like Delapp and Every Entryway offer a range of tutorials and photographs to help you get started on your project.
What looks good on a console table
When it comes to styling a console table, the options are endless. From contemporary designs to more traditional looks, there are plenty of ideas to choose from. Whether you’re looking to create a focal point in your living room or simply want to add a touch of style to your entryway, a console table is the perfect choice.
1. Framing the console table
One popular approach to styling a console table is to frame it with matching pieces of furniture. For example, you could place two armchairs on either side of the table, creating a symmetrical and visually balanced look. This technique works well for larger console tables in spacious entryways or living rooms.
2. Adding a mirror or artwork
If you’re looking to make a statement with your console table, consider hanging a mirror or artwork above it. This will not only create visual interest but also help to reflect light and make the space feel larger. Choose a piece that complements the style of your table and adds a touch of personality to the space.
3. Showcasing sculptures and objets
If you’re a fan of sculptures or have a collection of objets d’art, a console table provides the perfect opportunity to display them. Arrange your sculptures or objets in a way that creates visual interest and complements the style of your table. Consider grouping them in odd numbers for a more dynamic look.
4. Using lamps for height and lighting
A pair of stylish lamps can not only provide additional lighting but also add height and balance to your console table. Choose lamps that coordinate with the overall style and color palette of your space. Experiment with different lamp heights and shapes to find the perfect combination.
5. Decorating with a bowl or tray
A decorative bowl or tray can serve as both a decorative piece and a practical solution for organizing small items. Fill it with flowers, decorative balls, or small trinkets to add a pop of color and texture. Consider choosing a bowl or tray that complements the colors and materials used in your console table.
6. Introducing a statement piece
If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, consider adding a statement piece to your console table. This could be a bold sculpture, a unique vase, or a piece of artwork. This will instantly draw attention and make a strong impact in your entryway or living room.
7. Playing with symmetry and asymmetry
When styling your console table, don’t be afraid to mix and match symmetrical and asymmetrical elements. For example, you could place a pair of matching vases on one side of the table and a single decorative item on the other. This creates visual interest and adds a touch of personality to your space.
8. Going for a classic and clean look
If you prefer a more classic and clean look, keep your console table and its styling simple. Stick to a neutral color palette, clean lines, and a few carefully chosen decorative pieces. This will create a timeless and beautiful look that works well in any space.
9. Completing the look with a rug
To bring everything together, consider placing a rug below your console table. This will anchor the space and add an extra layer of texture and style. Choose a rug that complements the colors and patterns used in your entryway or living room.
No matter what style or theme you’re going for, these ideas will help you create a beautifully styled console table that reflects your personal taste and complements your space. Remember to experiment and have fun with different arrangements until you find the perfect look.
How do you make a console table look expensive
If you want to make your console table look more expensive, there are several key elements you can incorporate into its styling. Here are some tips to achieve that luxurious and high-end look:
1. Choose a statement wallpaper or paint
One way to instantly elevate the look of your console table is by adding a statement wallpaper or using a high-quality paint. This can create a focal point and add a touch of luxury to the space. Consider using rich colors or textured wallpapers to create a more opulent feel.
2. Style with sculptures and objets d’art
An easy way to make your console table look expensive is to style it with decorative sculptures or objets d’art. These can be both modern and vintage pieces that elevate the overall look of the table. Consider using sculptures in various sizes and materials to add depth and visual interest.
3. Create a themed vignette
To make your console table look more expensive, try creating a themed vignette. This means selecting a specific theme or color palette and incorporating accessories that complement it. For example, if you have a natural theme in your living space, you could use elements like plants, natural materials, and earthy colors to create a cohesive and upscale look.
4. Consider the scale of your accessories
When decorating your console table, it’s important to consider the scale of your accessories. Choose accessories that are proportionate to the size and height of the table to ensure a balanced and visually appealing arrangement. For instance, if you have a large console table, opt for larger lamps or taller decorative items to fill the space adequately.
5. Use mirrors and framed photographs
Mirrors and framed photographs are great additions to make your console table look more expensive. They add depth, create the illusion of more space, and reflect light to brighten up the area. Choose ornate or beautifully framed mirrors and photographs to add a touch of elegance and sophistication.
6. Keep the surface clutter-free
To maintain an expensive look, it’s important to keep the surface of your console table clutter-free. Avoid overcrowding the table with too many accessories, and instead, choose a few carefully curated items that make a statement. A clean and minimalistic approach will give off a more sophisticated and upscale vibe.
7. Pay attention to the space behind the table
When styling your console table, don’t forget to consider the space behind it. This area offers an opportunity to add more decorative elements and continue the theme of your display. Hang a fabulous piece of art, display a collection of smaller sculptures, or add a tall potted plant to create a cohesive and visually stunning look.
By following these tips, you can easily transform your console table into a stylish and expensive-looking piece of furniture. Incorporate high-quality materials, carefully select accessories, and pay attention to the details, and you’ll create a console table that exudes luxury and sophistication.
How do you decorate a console
Decorating a console table is a wonderful opportunity to create a beautiful and functional space in your home. Whether you place your console table in the entryway, living room, or any other room, it can be a versatile piece of furniture that adds style and interest to any space. Here are some ideas to consider when decorating a console table:
1. Consider the height
The height of your console table is an important factor to consider when decorating. It should be proportional to the furniture and accessories you pair it with. For example, if you choose a console table with a lower height, consider using smaller accessories and pieces of art to create a cohesive look.
2. Scale with the space
The scale of your console table should be appropriate for the space it is placed in. If you have a large entryway or living room, a larger console table will make a statement and fill the space beautifully. On the other hand, if you have a small space, a narrower console table might be more suitable.
3. Create a vignette
One of the most popular ways to decorate a console table is by creating a vignette. A vignette is a stylish arrangement of accessories, such as flowers, decorative objects, and photographs, that adds interest and personality to the table. Consider grouping objects of different heights and textures to create a visually appealing arrangement.
4. Add symmetry
If you prefer a more classic and balanced look, try adding symmetry to your console table. This can be achieved by placing matching lamps or decorative objects on each side of the table. Symmetry adds a sense of order and elegance to the space.
5. Consider the wall behind
The wall behind your console table is an important element to consider when decorating. It can be a great opportunity to hang artwork or create a themed display. For example, you can hang a mirror or a gallery wall above the table or create a cohesive display of framed photographs.
6. Make a statement with a statement piece
If you want to make a bold statement, consider adding a statement piece to your console table. This could be a large piece of art, a unique sculpture, or a bold lamp. A statement piece can be a great conversation starter and will add personality to your space.
7. Stay true to your style
When decorating a console table, it’s important to stay true to your personal style and the style of your home. Choose accessories and furniture that reflect your taste and create a cohesive look. Whether you prefer a minimalist, modern, or traditional style, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Decorating a console table is a fun and creative process that allows you to showcase your personality and style. By considering the height, scale, arrangement, and accessories, you can create a beautifully decorated console table that will enhance any space in your home.
What do you use a console table for
The console table is a smart and versatile piece of furniture that can enhance the look of any room in your home. It is especially popular in entryways, where it serves both a decorative and functional purpose. But what exactly do people use console tables for? Let’s delve into some of the most common uses.
1. Displaying antiques and artwork
A console table can make a great platform for showcasing your favorite antiques, framed artwork, or photographs. The table’s narrow shape allows it to be placed against a wall, framing the displayed items and ensuring they have a visual impact.
2. Decorating with flowers and objets d’art
Console tables are also perfect for creating beautiful floral arrangements. Whether you choose a classic vase filled with fresh flowers or a modern bowl with decorative elements, adding a touch of nature to your console table can bring life to your entryway or any other room.
3. Organizing entryway essentials
A console table placed near your front door can serve as a place to store and organize your entryway essentials. Keys, wallets, and mail can all be kept in a tray or small basket on the table, ensuring they are easily accessible when you leave or enter your home.
4. Adding symmetry and focal points
If you have a large entryway or living room, a pair of console tables can be placed on either side of a doorway or fireplace to create symmetry and serve as a focal point. This is especially effective when the tables are matched in size, style, or color.
5. Creating a theme
Console tables can be used to reinforce a specific theme in your home’s decor. For example, a table with a natural wood finish and plant sculptures could complement a botanical-themed room, while a sleek and contemporary table could enhance a modern living space.
These are just a few examples of what you can use a console table for. Whether you want to make a decorative statement, organize your belongings, or add a touch of style to your home, a console table is a versatile piece of furniture that can meet your needs.