The holiday season is upon us, and it’s time to start thinking about creating a welcoming and winter-inspired atmosphere in your dining room. Once again, it’s time to dust off your designer hat and gather inspiration from all around you. From tall candlesticks to year-round greenery, there are plenty of ideas to make your dining room feel festive and inviting.
One of the first things to consider is the table-top decor. Incorporate traditional Christmas symbols like beautiful linen and garlands of fresh greenery. Add a touch of rustic charm with antique keys collected from the depths of your garage. Hang them above the table for a country-themed flourish. And don’t forget to take your design to the next level with pale wreaths or garlands hung throughout the room.
A chandelier is a very important part of any dining room, and the holiday season is the perfect time to make a statement with yours. Hang greenery, battery-operated lights, and linen bows from the arms of the chandelier. This will add a touch of festive charm without overwhelming the space. And speaking of linens, try using patterned or themed tablecloths and napkins to create a cohesive and festive look.
In addition to the dining room, don’t forget to add touches of Christmas spirit to your kitchen as well. Hang a pink tree with emerald green lights in the middle of your kitchen island, and decorate it with branches, ornaments, and tiny wooden trees. This creative addition will make your kitchen feel like a magical winter wonderland.
When it comes to decorating your dining room for Christmas, the options are endless. From the traditional red and green color scheme to more modern, white and gold combinations, there is a style to suit every taste. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different colors, textures, and patterns to create a fabulous and unique look. And of course, no Christmas dining room decor is complete without the finishing touches like frosted glass candle holders and chains of fairy lights.
So, whether you prefer a rustic farmhouse theme or a glamorous winter wonderland, there are plenty of ways to create a magical setting in your dining room this Christmas. Let your imagination run wild, and enjoy the festive season surrounded by beautiful decorations and cherished traditions.
Plus, with the added benefit of extra storage throughout the year, you can enjoy the beautiful decor all year round!
Christmas dining room decor
The dining room is a central and important part of the home during the festive season. It’s where friends and family come together to share a delicious meal and create lasting memories. So why not make it a truly magical and memorable space with some inspirational Christmas decorations?
Fragrant candle holders
Add an extra glow to your Christmas dining room with fragrant candle holders. In addition to creating a warm and inviting atmosphere, they also offer a beautiful visual element. Pair them with pared-back decorations to let them shine.
A stunning centrepiece can really make a statement in your Christmas dining room. Whether you choose a traditional arrangement with red and green accents or a more modern and elegant design in silver and white, a well-placed centrepiece will be the focal point of your table.
Greenery and silver
Bring the outdoors in by using fresh greenery as part of your Christmas dining room decor. You can create a beautiful garland to drape along the table or hang above it. Add some silver accents for a touch of sparkle and elegance.
Warm and cozy
Create a warm and cozy ambiance in your Christmas dining room by using warm colors and textures. Pile cushions on the chairs, place soft blankets within reach, and light some scented candles to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.
Whet the appetite with a beautiful table setting
Create a stunning and inviting table setting for your Christmas dinner. Use beautiful crockery, glassware, and cutlery, and add some festive touches with colored ribbons and napkin holders. Take into consideration the color scheme and theme of your overall decor to create a cohesive and visually pleasing look.
Oversized vases and candlesticks
Add a touch of drama and grandeur to your Christmas dining room with oversized vases and candlesticks. Fill them with colorful flowers or branches, or display them on their own for a statement piece. Placing them in clusters or in symmetrical arrangements will create a visually appealing display.
Add a touch of blue
Bring a touch of winter magic to your Christmas dining room by using blue as an accent color. From blue glassware to blue cushions or ribbons, incorporating this color into your decor will create a fresh and beautiful look.
Finish off with scented garlands
For a finishing touch, hang scented garlands throughout your Christmas dining room. The fragrance will create a warm and inviting atmosphere, and the garlands themselves will add an extra layer of festive decoration.
With these inspirational ideas, your Christmas dining room will be a magical and memorable space that you and your loved ones will cherish for years to come.
1 Go for a rustic natural theme
If you want to create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your dining room this winter, a rustic natural theme is the way to go. This decorative style works well with the bold wood accents and blue and white color scheme.
Start by placing a few natural accessories on each table, like wooden candle holders and winter-themed decorations. Wrap twigs and fragrant greenery around the walls or use them to make fabulous wreaths that you can hang around the room.
This theme is ideal for creating a folksy and magical feel. In addition to the natural decorative pieces, you can also use warm and white accents to add a touch of elegance. Once you have set the theme, it’s time to focus on the lighting. Install a rustic chandelier with scented candlesticks or a single scented candle in the center of the table.
If you like, you can also add some branches or twigs to the chandelier to create a more natural and outdoorsy look. For extra warmth, wrap the chandelier chains with colorful ribbons or wrap the wine glasses with a winter-themed fabric.
To complete the rustic natural theme, decorate the kitchen with silver buckets filled with branches and greenery. These pieces will add an extra touch of natural beauty to your space and make your dining room feel like a cozy winter cabin.
|Decorative pieces:||Wooden candle holders, winter-themed decorations|
|Color scheme:||Blue and white|
|Accents:||Warm and white|
|Lighting:||Rustic chandelier with scented candlesticks or a single scented candle|
|Additional décor:||Branches, twigs, colorful ribbons, wine glass fabric|
|Kitchen styling:||Silver buckets with branches and greenery|
By incorporating these elements into your dining room design, you will not only have a beautiful and magical setting for your family gatherings, but you will also create a cozy and inviting atmosphere that everyone will enjoy throughout the holiday season.
2 Create a sophisticated setting with white and navy
Create a sophisticated and elegant Christmas dining room decor scheme with the timeless combination of white and navy. This color scheme is sure to whet your appetite and create a stunning setting for your holiday celebrations.
Start by setting the atmosphere with white walls and upholstered chairs in navy. The simple yet chic combination of these colors will create a magical and inviting space in your dining room. To add a touch of luxury, opt for oversized decorations made of paper or fabric in navy and white. Hang them from the ceiling or place them as part of a centerpiece on your dining table.
If you’re feeling creative, you can also DIY some decorations using white and navy ribbons and foliage. Forage for materials like twigs, berries, and greenery from your garden or nearby wooded areas to add a natural and fragrant touch to your decor. You can wrap them around the chairs, hang them from the ceiling, or place them in decorative buckets on the table.
To create a cozy and intimate ambiance, introduce soft lighting with candles and fairy lights. Candlelight is ideal for winter celebrations and will make your dining room feel warm and inviting. You can place candles in different sizes and shapes on your table or use candle holders for a more formal look. Fairy lights can be draped above the dining table or around the room to create a magical glow.
When it comes to table styling, opt for simple white tablecloths and dinnerware. Add navy accents with napkins, placemats, or table runners. You can also use navy-colored glasses or vases to add pops of color. For an elegant touch, consider using silver or gold cutlery and decorative plates.
To complete the sophisticated white and navy theme, add some finishing touches like navy-colored napkin rings, woven placemats, or decorative ornaments. These small details will make your Christmas dining room decor feel polished and beautiful.
3 Delight guests with a beautiful table gift
If you want to impress your guests during the holiday season, consider giving them a beautiful table gift. Not only will it add to the festive atmosphere, but it will also show your appreciation for their presence. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Mini berry wreaths: Create small wreaths using berries, twigs, and ribbons. These adorable decorations can be placed on each plate, adding a touch of nature to your table setting.
- Country-style mugs: Hand-painted mugs in various colors and patterns can make charming table gifts. Fill them with hot cocoa or mulled wine sachets for a cozy touch.
- Oversized china teacups: Find oversized china teacups with beautiful floral or seasonal patterns. Fill them with scented candles or potpourri to create a welcoming and fragrant atmosphere.
Whatever you choose, make sure it complements the overall theme and colors of your dining room. Your table gifts should be both visually appealing and functional, so your guests can enjoy them long after the holiday season has passed.
4 Channel a cool Scandinavian theme
If you love the minimalist and cozy interior of Scandinavian design, then Christmas is the perfect time to showcase it in your dining room. Start by placing a fragrant evergreen garland on your table as a centerpiece. This not only works as a beautiful decoration but also adds a fresh scent to the room. Hang rich shades of silver and patterned ornaments from the garland to create a festive atmosphere.
When it comes to the tree, keep it simple and elegant with a combination of silver and white decorations. Add some handmade paper chains in shades of silver and white for a smart touch. Made from trading wrapping paper, these paper chains are easy to create and add a unique element to your decor.
For the table setting, use emerald green linens as a base, paired with white plates and silver cutlery. Add small glassware filled with white candles for a magical candlelight effect. Place white and silver candlesticks throughout the room to add a warm and cozy ambiance.
To add some Scandinavian charm, incorporate elements such as wood and foliage. Use wooden benches as seating instead of chairs for a rustic touch. Hang white paper fairy lights from the ceiling to create a whimsical atmosphere.
Overall, a cool Scandinavian theme can be achieved by using a combination of white, silver, and green colors with natural elements and minimalist design. By following these ways, you can create a magical and festive setting for your Christmas dining room.
5 Choose a warm berry palette
One creative and smart way to design your Christmas dining room decor is to choose a warm berry palette. This is a great way to bring a touch of nature to your space and create a magical setting.
You can forage for berries and twigs outside, or use paper or fabric to create berry decorations. We’ve seen people using chains of berries above the table, as well as berry-filled vases and buckets as centerpieces.
This warm berry palette works well when paired with greenery, such as branches or green tableware. It’s a beautiful alternative to the traditional Christmas colors and adds a touch of color and vibrancy to your dining room.
Introduce berry-colored napkins or candles to your table setting to enhance the festive atmosphere. The fragrant candlelight will also create a cozy ambiance and make your dining room feel inviting.
This warm berry palette doesn’t have to be limited to just the Christmas season. It can be used throughout the year to bring a pop of color and nature to your interior.
So, if you’re planning a Christmas dinner or any other special occasion, consider using a warm berry palette for your dining room decor. It’s a brilliant way to bring nature indoors and create a beautiful and festive atmosphere that everyone will love.
6 Complement a colorful scheme
If you have a colorful interior and want to create a festive and vibrant Christmas dining room, there are plenty of options to complement your existing color scheme.
One option is to play with different shades and combinations of colors. For example, you can use bold and bright shades like pink, purple, and blue to create a fun and lively atmosphere. Pair these vibrant colors with wooden pieces, such as a wooden table-top or chairs, to add a rustic touch to the space.
To dress up the table, consider using colorful china and linens. You can create a playful and whimsical look by mixing and matching different patterns and colors. Don’t be afraid to embrace a mix-and-match approach and let your creativity shine.
Another idea is to use chains of garlands in different shades to decorate the room. You can hang them from the ceiling or drape them around the windows and doorways. These garlands will add a touch of festive charm and create a visually appealing backdrop for your Christmas dinner.
To add a nature-inspired touch, you can forage for branches and twigs and use them as a centerpiece. You can decorate the branches with small ornaments or lights to make them festive. This gives a cozy and folk theme to the space and creates a warm and inviting atmosphere.
If you want to create a scented atmosphere, consider using fragrant candles or diffusers. You can choose scents like gingerbread or cinnamon to create a classic Christmas aroma. These scents will not only set the mood but also stimulate the appetite of your guests.
In terms of lighting, you can create a magical atmosphere by using string lights or fairy lights. You can hang them from the ceiling or wrap them around the table legs. The soft glow of the lights will add a touch of coziness and create a warm and inviting space.
Remember to consider the overall theme and mood you want to create when planning your Christmas dining room decor. Whether you go for a bold and colorful scheme or a more nature-inspired and cozy one, there are endless possibilities to make your dining room festive and magical.
7 Create a colorful carnival atmosphere
If you’re looking to add a vibrant and festive touch to your Christmas dining room decor, creating a colorful carnival atmosphere can be a great option. This theme is all about embracing bright colors and playful decorations to create a lively and energetic space. Here are some ideas to help you bring the carnival spirit into your dining room:
- Glowing garlands: Hang colorful string lights and garlands around the room to add a warm glow. Opt for multicolored or matching colors to create a cohesive look.
- Colorful tableware: Set the table with brightly colored plates, bowls, and glassware. Mix and match different patterns and hues for a fun and eclectic look.
- Festive centerpieces: Use branches, colorful flowers, and other decorations to create eye-catching centerpieces. Place them in the middle of the table to serve as a focal point.
- Fairy lights: Adding fairy lights to your dining room can instantly create a magical atmosphere. Hang them on the walls or drape them around the table for a whimsical touch.
- Creative napkins: Fold napkins into festive shapes or tie them with colorful ribbons to add a playful touch to each place setting.
- Seasonal accents: Incorporate Christmas-themed decorations like small ornaments or holiday-themed figurines to enhance the festive atmosphere.
- Colorful linens: Use vibrant tablecloths, table runners, and placemats to bring color to the table. Opt for fabrics in rich tones or bold patterns for maximum impact.
- Scented candles: Light scented candles in festive fragrances to create a warm and inviting ambiance. Choose scents like cinnamon, gingerbread, or pine to evoke the holiday spirit.
- Woven vases: Place colorful vases filled with fresh flowers or seasonal greenery on the table for a natural and colorful accent.
By combining these elements, you can create a dining room that feels like a lively carnival. Embrace bold colors, playful decorations, and festive details to set the mood for a memorable holiday dinner. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or a larger party, this colorful theme will surely delight your guests and make for a joyful celebration.
8 Create a drinks station
Having a designated drinks station at your Christmas dining room can add a touch of convenience and festivity to your celebrations. Whether you’re serving cocktails, mocktails, or hot beverages like mulled wine and hot chocolate, a drinks station can be the perfect gathering spot for your guests.
Start by finding a large, sturdy table that can accommodate many glasses and bottles. A wooden table with a pale finish can create a country charm, while a sleek glass table can add a modern touch. If you don’t have a large table, a kitchen island or a console table can also work well.
Next, set the ideal conditions for your drinks station. Place a large woven tray or a stylish drinks trolley on the table to hold the beverages. This will not only provide ample storage for bottles and glasses, but also add a fabulous nature element to your decor.
To create a festive and magical ambiance, consider placing a decorative garland or chains of fairy lights on the table. You can also adorn the drinks station with Chrissie-themed decorations like silver or gold baubles, mini Christmas trees, or cute reindeer figurines. This will make the area glow with warmth and holiday cheer.
When it comes to glassware and mugs, use different shapes and sizes to add variety to your drinks station. Forage your storage or purchase some winter-themed glasses with colorful patterns or matching designs. Placing linen napkins nearby can also make it easier for your guests to grab a glass and have a wipe if needed.
For a finishing touch, add a few clusters of fresh foliage to the drinks station. You can create simple arrangements using different shades of green leaves, berries, and pinecones. These natural elements will not only add a touch of authenticity to your setup but also fill the air with a refreshing scent of the outdoors.
Remember, the drinks station should be a focal point in the room, so make sure it’s located in a visually pleasing spot. Above the table, hang a chandelier or a set of tall, white candles to add a touch of elegance. This will beautifully complement each other and create a captivating atmosphere in the dining area.
With these tips and ideas, you can easily create a stunning drinks station that will impress your guests and enhance the enjoyment of your Christmas dining experience.
9 Go for a quiet country look
If you’re looking for a different but still festive theme for your Christmas dining room decor, consider a quiet country look. This design brings together elements of nature and traditional holiday traditions to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for your family.
To decorate your dining room in a quiet country style, focus on using rich and natural materials. Start by dressing your table with a rustic tablecloth or linen runner in earthy shades of green or winter colors. Add a touch of elegance with patterned napkins and oversized candlesticks.
For the centerpiece, consider using branches of scented foliage from your garden or local florist. You can also incorporate small clusters of berries or pine cones for a more charming look. Place these natural elements in a simple vase or wrap them with a ribbon for added charm.
To complete the country look, use traditional country-style crockery and glasses. Look for pieces with a simple and traditional design that evokes a sense of nostalgia. Your wine glasses can be plain or have a hint of color or a unique pattern to add a touch of whimsy to the table.
While planning your quiet country Christmas dining room decor, don’t forget about the finishing touches. Use scented candles or candle jars to create a soft and cozy ambiance. Hang chains of paper or ribbon garlands from the ceiling or around the room to add a festive touch.
With a quiet country Christmas dining room decor, you can create a warm and inviting space that celebrates the beauty of nature and the joy of the holiday season. Bring the outdoors inside with natural elements and traditional design pieces, and fill the room with the comforting glow of candlelight. Your family and guests will love gathering around the table in this charming and welcoming setting.
10 Set the scene with beautiful table linen
When it comes to creating a festive atmosphere in your dining room, don’t overlook the power of beautiful table linen. The right tablecloth, napkins, and runners can instantly transform your table and set the tone for the entire meal. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
1. Garland-inspired linens
For a whimsical and cozy feel, opt for table linens that mimic the look of a garland. Choose a tablecloth or runner in a rich green color with printed foliage and decorative ribbons throughout. This will create an ideal backdrop for your Christmas centerpiece.
2. Pink and blue linens
If you’re aiming for a more modern and playful look, consider using pink and blue linens. Go for a tablecloth in a subtle pink shade and match it with blue napkins. This combination will add a pop of color that perfectly complements the festive atmosphere.
3. Richly woven linens
For a more rustic and folksy feel, opt for linens in a richly woven fabric. Choose a table runner or placemats in warm earth tones, such as deep browns or burnt oranges. This will give your table a cozy and inviting look that’s perfect for winter celebrations.
4. Oversized linen napkins
Make a statement with oversized linen napkins. These can be used as a decorative element on each plate or even folded creatively and placed in wine glasses. The beauty of oversized linen napkins lies in their versatility – they can be part of a simple and elegant table setting or a more elaborate and creatively decorated one.
5. Scenic linens
Create a winter wonderland on your table with linens that feature scenic prints. Look for tablecloths or runners adorned with snow-covered landscapes, deer, or other winter motifs. This will instantly bring a festive and whimsical touch to your dining room.
6. Clustered linens
For a more eclectic look, consider using linens in different colors and patterns. Mix and match tablecloths, runners, and napkins in complementary shades to create a unique and stylish table setting. This approach brings a sense of depth and character to the table.
7. Chandelier-inspired linens
For a touch of elegance and glamour, opt for linens that mimic the shape and design of a chandelier. Look for tablecloths or runners with intricate patterns and ornate details. This will add a luxurious and sophisticated touch to your Christmas table.
8. Scented linens
To create a truly immersive dining experience, consider using scented linens. Look for tablecloths, napkins, or runners that have been infused with your favorite holiday scents. The aroma of cinnamon, pine, or cranberry will fill the air and enhance the festive atmosphere.
9. Decorative linen vases
Add a decorative touch to your table with linen vases. These can be used as centerpieces filled with winter blooms or foliage. Look for vases in various shapes and sizes, and wrap them with linen fabric or ribbon to create a cohesive and visually appealing display.
10. Fairy lights and linens
For a magical and enchanting Christmas table, combine linens with fairy lights. Drape garlands of fairy lights along the tablecloth or runner to create a warm and cozy ambiance. The soft glow of the lights will beautifully complement the linens and create a magical atmosphere.
Don’t underestimate the power of beautiful table linen when it comes to creating a festive and inviting dining room. By adding these little touches to your table, you’ll bring the Christmas spirit to life and make your guests feel right at home.
11 Hang your centerpiece from the ceiling
If you love a decorative centerpiece, why not hang it from the ceiling for a unique twist on traditional table settings? This warm and festive embrace of style can make your dining room feel like a winter wonderland. Hanging your centerpiece also frees up space on your table for other brilliant design elements. Plus, it adds an unexpected touch that will make your guests say “wow!”
There are plenty of options when it comes to hanging your centerpiece from the ceiling. You can create clusters of decorative items like berry garland, hanging candles, or chandelier styling. Each piece can be placed at different heights, creating a dynamic and eye-catching display.
For a classic and elegant look, consider hanging a round or oval-shaped centerpiece from the ceiling. This design feature can be made with scented candles, glassware, or colorful berries. The warm colors and soft lighting will create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in your dining room.
If you want to add a more modern and whimsical touch, consider hanging twigs or branches from the ceiling. We’ve seen designers use this technique to create a stunning centerpiece that spreads out in all directions, like a tree growing from the middle of your table.
In addition to traditional materials like glass and twigs, you can also get creative with your hanging centerpiece. Use colorful ribbons, woven fabrics, or even kitchen utensils to make a statement. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different elements to create a unique and personalized look for your dining room.
When planning your hanging centerpiece, be sure to consider the size and shape of your dining table. You don’t want it to be too overwhelming or feel crowded. Also, think about the overall color scheme of your dining room. If you have a pale or neutral color palette, adding a pop of color with your centerpiece will make it stand out.
Finally, don’t forget the finishing touches. Add a flourish to your hanging centerpiece with scented candles, colorful napkins, or a single glass ornament. These small details will add an extra layer of charm and sophistication to your holiday dining experience.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, sign up for our newsletter to get the latest Christmas decor ideas delivered straight to your inbox. We have plenty of design tips and ideas to help you create a festive and magical dining room that your guests will love.
12 Make your crockery a design feature
One of the easiest ways to create a beautiful Christmas dining room is to make your crockery a design feature. By carefully selecting and arranging your plates, bowls, and glasses, you can add an extra touch of style to your holiday table.
One popular combination is to use natural-colored crockery, such as white or cream, to create a clean and classic look. This simple backdrop allows other elements, like patterned linens and colored glassware, to stand out.
A white crockery set is also ideal for showcasing your favorite Christmas dinnerware. Whether you have festive plates with a Santa Claus motif or mugs with a holiday pattern, placing them in the middle of the table will instantly add a touch of Christmas magic.
Another way to make your crockery a design feature is to embrace symmetry. Instead of placing individual plates at each setting, try grouping them together in clusters along the table. Not only does this create a more visually interesting scene, but it also makes it easier for people to take their own plates.
If you like a more creative approach, consider using oversized crockery. Large plates or bowls can make a statement on their own and add a touch of drama to the table. Paired with simple white dinnerware, these oversized pieces become the focal point of the setting.
For a finishing touch, don’t forget to dress up your glassware. Adding ribbons, bows, or fairy lights to your wine glasses or champagne flutes can instantly transform them into works of art. And if you love a little bit of sparkle, why not consider a chandelier or pendant light above the table, which will not only bring more light but also create a magical atmosphere?
When it comes to crockery, the options are endless. Whether you prefer a smart and polished look with matching plates and glasses or a more eclectic mix of colors and patterns, don’t be afraid to get creative and let your personal style shine. After all, Christmas dining is all about bringing people together and embracing the festive spirit.
13 Create mood lighting with candles
Part of the magic of a Christmas dinner is creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for your guests. One way to achieve this is by incorporating mood lighting with candles. Candles can instantly add a cozy and romantic ambiance to your dining room, making your guests feel relaxed and at ease.
There are a variety of materials and designs to choose from when it comes to candles. You can opt for traditional taper candles, elegant candlesticks, or modern battery-operated LED candles for a hassle-free option. Whichever you choose, the flickering glow of a candle will create a beautiful and calming ambiance.
If you’re feeling a little more creative, you can also try making your own candle holders using simple materials like mason jars or empty glass bottles. Designer candle holders made from wood, metal, or ceramic can also add a touch of sophistication to your table setting.
To enhance the holiday spirit, you can use scented candles with festive fragrances such as cinnamon, pine, or gingerbread. These scents will not only create an inviting atmosphere but also add an extra layer of coziness to your dining room.
When it comes to candle placement, you can arrange them in clusters or spread them out across the table. For a more rustic and country-style look, you can place candles in wooden vases or hang them above the table using twigs and greenery. These natural elements can easily be foraged from your garden or bought from a local florist.
For a more minimalist and pared-back style, you can place a few simple candlesticks at the center of the table. This will create a glow that is both subtle and chic, allowing the focus to be on the food and the conversation.
In addition to the dining table, you can also incorporate candles in other parts of your dining room. Hang them on the walls or place them on shelves or sideboards for an extra touch of warmth and ambiance.
Remember to keep safety in mind when using candles. Make sure to place them away from any flammable materials and always have a fire extinguisher nearby. If you have young children or pets, consider using flameless LED candles or keeping the real ones out of reach.
So, whether you choose to have a colorful and festive display or a more minimalist and refined setting, candles are a brilliant way to create a magical atmosphere during your Christmas dinner. Their soft and flickering light will set the mood for a memorable and cozy evening with family and friends.
14 Put a twist on traditional color schemes
When it comes to Christmas dining room decor, traditional color schemes like red and green are always popular. But why not put a twist on the classics this year? Here are some creative ways to embrace different color combinations and create a truly unique and magical setting for your Christmas celebrations.
1. Play with rich and bold shades
Instead of the traditional red and green, experiment with rich and bold colors like deep burgundy, emerald green, and gold. This adds a sense of luxury and sophistication to your dining room decor.
2. Mix and match with white and winter greenery
If you’re looking for a more natural and fresh look, combine traditional red and green with winter white and touches of greenery. This creates a beautiful symphony of colors and textures.
3. Explore the beauty of frosted shades
Add a touch of winter wonderland to your dining room decor by incorporating frosted shades of blue, silver, and white. These colors create a crisp and serene atmosphere that perfectly captures the magic of the season.
4. Go for a bold and modern theme
If you want to step away from the traditional Christmas color schemes altogether, opt for a bold and modern theme. Think vibrant jewel tones like deep purple, royal blue, and fuchsia.
5. Experiment with patterned tableware
Add visual interest to your dining table by using patterned tableware in different colors. From floral prints to geometric designs, the options are endless. Just make sure to choose patterns that complement each other and the overall color scheme of your dining room.
6. Bring in the warmth of gold and metallics
Gold and metallics are always a great choice for Christmas dining room decor. These colors add a touch of glamour and elegance to any space. Consider incorporating gold accents through chandeliers, table settings, and decorative accessories.
7. Create a cozy atmosphere with warm tones
To create a cozy and inviting atmosphere, use warm tones like deep red, burnt orange, and chocolate brown. These colors evoke a sense of comfort and warmth, perfect for a festive gathering with loved ones.
With these alternative color schemes, you can give your Christmas dining room decor a fresh and unique look. Don’t be afraid to step outside of traditional boundaries and let your creativity shine!
15 Make an intimate setting elegant
When planning your Christmas dining room decor, you will want to create an intimate setting that is elegant and inviting. Here are some ideas for achieving this look:
1. Choose warm and cozy colors
Opt for colors like red, gold, and green to create a warm and cozy atmosphere in your dining room.
2. Use elegant tableware
Invest in fine china and crystal glasses to elevate your table setting and add a touch of elegance.
3. Add a stylish centerpiece
A beautiful centerpiece can be the focal point of your table. Consider using a floral arrangement or a themed centerpiece related to Christmas.
4. Dress up your table with linens
Use linens with intricate designs or patterns to add a touch of sophistication to your table setting.
5. Consider using wooden accents
Wooden accents like chargers or coasters can add a rustic charm to your dining room decor.
6. Embrace traditional Christmas decorations
Hanging garland or a Christmas tree in the dining room can help create a festive atmosphere.
7. Opt for upholstered chairs
Upholstered chairs are not only comfortable but also add a touch of luxury to your dining room.
8. Create a cozy ambiance
Use scented candles or a fireplace to create a warm and inviting atmosphere that your guests will love.
9. Add some creative touches
Get creative with your table decor by incorporating unique elements like personalized place cards or handmade ornaments.
10. Use colored glassware
Colored glasses can add a pop of color to your table setting and make it feel more vibrant.
11. Set the mood with lighting
Choose soft, warm lights that create a cozy ambiance for your Christmas dinner.
12. Opt for a round table
A round table can create a more intimate setting as it allows everyone to see and interact with each other easily.
13. Add a touch of blue
Incorporate blue accents like napkins or plates for a refreshing and cool contrast to the warm colors of Christmas.
14. Use woven chargers or placemats
Woven chargers or placemats add texture and a rustic touch to your table setting.
15. Forage for natural decorations
Bring the beauty of nature into your dining room by using pinecones, branches, or berries as part of your table decor.
By following these tips, you can create an elegant and intimate setting in your dining room that will impress your guests and make your Christmas dinner a memorable occasion.
16 Make the feast the focus
- Embrace the festive spirit by creating a welcoming and inviting dining space. That’s what Christmas is all about, after all.
- This year, focus on making the dining room a special place where you and your loved ones can gather around and enjoy a delicious feast.
- Set the scene with glass and glow by incorporating traditional Christmas decorations such as emerald vases and large wine glasses.
- For an intimate and cozy feel, planning is key. Make sure to have enough space to spread out your decorated dining table with wreaths and crockery.
- Hang upholstered wreaths and dressing on the walls, bringing a touch of winter to the space.
- Add plenty of love to your dining area by using space-saving tableware. Consider a smart bench to seat more guests.
- Complete the look with clusters of green and white decorations, wooden and frosted branches, as well as chains of winter lights.
- Create a warm and inviting atmosphere with candles of all shapes and sizes.
- When it comes to the feast itself, make sure to have plenty of appetizing dishes that will satisfy everyone’s appetite.
- Don’t forget to incorporate traditional Christmas foods like roasted turkey, mince pies, and Christmas pudding.
- According to a renowned designer, one of the best ways to set the dining room for Christmas is to use country-style decorations in shades of green and white.
- Each member of the family can contribute to the decorations, making it a fun and collaborative project.
- Warm up the dining space by adding winter-themed accessories such as blankets and cushions.
- Fill the room with the smells of the season by using scented candles or diffusers that evoke the scent of pine trees and spices.
- Don’t forget to do a little sprucing up in the morning, making sure everything is in place before your guests arrive.
- Finally, sit down, relax, and enjoy the feast, surrounded by the love and warmth of your family and friends.
17 Give your dining room the Midas touch
If you are planning to create a magical and luxurious atmosphere in your dining room this Christmas, then adding a touch of gold can be a great option. Gold has often been associated with wealth, opulence, and elegance, making it perfect for creating a chic and glamorous holiday setting.
To give your dining room the Midas touch, start by incorporating gold accents in your tableware. You can use golden chargers, gold-trimmed china, or oversized gold flatware to add a touch of luxury to your table setting. Pair these golden elements with simple white or cream-colored plates to create an elegant and sophisticated combination.
If you love traditional Christmas decorations, you can also introduce gold chains or golden garlands to hang around the dining room. These can be draped across the back of the chairs or along the walls to add a festive touch. You can also use golden ribbons to tie around the napkins or as part of the centerpiece for an extra sparkle.
In addition to the table setting, you can bring the Midas touch to other areas of your dining room as well. Consider adding gold-framed mirrors or gold accents on the chandelier or light fixtures. These touches will not only help to highlight the golden theme but also add a touch of elegance to the overall design.
If you have a sideboard or a console table in your dining room, you can use it as a display area to showcase your golden decorations. A few golden candleholders, a vase with golden blooms, or a frosted gold Christmas tree can be great additions to create a beautiful holiday vignette.
For a more pared-back and modern look, you can opt for a combination of gold and silver. Use silver candleholders or silver ornaments along with the golden accents to create a stunning contrast. This combination will add depth and dimension to your dining room, giving it a contemporary and stylish feel.
Remember to take into account the overall design and style of your dining room when incorporating the Midas touch. If you have a country or rustic style, you can use gold accents in a more subtle way, such as in the form of golden cutlery or glassware. On the other hand, if you have a bold and glamorous design, you can go all out with gold furniture, golden walls, and rich golden fabrics.
In summary, adding a touch of gold to your dining room can create a magical and luxurious atmosphere for your Christmas celebrations. Whether you opt for a simple and understated golden accent or go all out with a bold and glamorous design, the Midas touch is sure to impress your guests and make your dining room the focal point of your holiday celebrations.
18 Stick to a calming monochrome scheme
If you prefer a more minimalist and serene look for your Christmas dining room, consider sticking to a calming monochrome color scheme. This winter-inspired combination of black and white will create a chic and elegant atmosphere for your holiday dinner.
Start by setting the table with crisp white tablecloths or placemats. Keep the color scheme monochrome by using black tableware, such as plates, bowls, and cutlery. Add a touch of elegance with silver or gold accents, like napkin rings or charger plates.
For added warmth and coziness, incorporate natural elements like greenery and wood. Use foliage or branches as a centerpiece, along with candles or fairy lights for a touch of ambience. You can also place small potted plants or blooms in black or white ceramic vases.
When it comes to seating, opt for comfortable chairs and cushions in neutral tones, like black or white. This will not only create a visually pleasing look but also provide a cozy and inviting space for your guests.
To complete the monochrome scheme, consider using matching black or white curtains or blinds to tie the whole room together. This will help create a seamless and cohesive look throughout your dining area.
Overall, a calming monochrome scheme is a timeless and sophisticated choice for your Christmas dining room decor. Whether you’re hosting a large family gathering or an intimate dinner for two, this elegant color scheme will create a beautiful and serene setting for your festive celebrations.
19 Create an edible still life display
One alternative to traditional Christmas decorations is to create an edible still life display as a centerpiece for your dining table. This unique idea combines the beauty of nature with the joy of delicious treats, making it a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds.
To create an edible still life display, start by selecting a variety of colorful fruits, such as apples, pears, oranges, and grapes. You can also include other edible items like nuts, chocolates, and cookies. Arrange them in a decorative way, using ribbons or placing them in a fruit bowl or on a beautiful serving platter.
For a more festive touch, you can add seasonal foliage like holly, ivy, or pine branches to the display. This will bring an element of greenery and freshness to your dining table, making it feel like a winter wonderland.
To complete the setting, consider using festive china or glassware in shades of red, green, or gold. These colors will complement the natural colors of the fruits and create a cohesive and visually appealing look.
When placing the edible still life display on your dining table, you can surround it with decorative items like candles, garland, or small wreaths. This will add a touch of elegance and create a warm and inviting atmosphere for your Christmas celebrations.
One great idea is to create a tall centerpiece by stacking fruits on top of each other, gradually decreasing in size as you go upwards. This will create a visually stunning centerpiece that will surely impress your guests.
If you love a more rustic and folksy look, you can also use buckets or baskets to display the fruits. This will give your dining table a charming and down-to-earth feel.
Once you have created your edible still life display, make sure to include it in your menu planning. You can introduce different fruits and treats from the display into your recipes, allowing your guests to taste the deliciousness that adorns your table.
Remember, the key to creating an edible still life display is to have fun and let your creativity flow. Whether you choose a simple display or a more elaborate one, your dining table will surely be a feast for the senses this Christmas.
20 Choose a simple unfussy scheme
For those who prefer a more minimalistic approach to Christmas decor, a simple unfussy scheme can create a beautiful and elegant dining room setting. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Forage for natural materials like pinecones, branches, and berries to bring a touch of nature into your dining room. These can be used to create a rustic centerpiece or as accents on your table settings.
- Opt for simple and oversized glass decorations that make a statement without being too overwhelming. These can be filled with sparkling lights or colorful ornaments to add a festive touch.
- Complete your table with crisp white linen and minimalist tableware. This will create a clean and sophisticated look that is perfect for holiday celebrations.
- Consider using gingerbread houses as decorative elements. These can be beautifully made and bring a touch of whimsy to your dining room.
- Create symmetry on your table by using matching candleholders or vases. This will add elegance and balance to your overall decor.
- Wrapping small Christmas trees with wood grain paper or burlap can add a rustic and natural touch to your space. These can be placed on your table or around the room.
- They can also feature frosted or glitter accents to add a touch of sparkle.
- Little accents like fairy lights or frosted pinecones can add a magical touch to your dining room.
- Choose a color scheme that works well with your existing decor. Shades of white, silver, and pale blue can create a serene and wintery atmosphere.
- Add some bold colored accents, like red or green candles, to bring more festive cheer to your space.
- Create a simple centerpiece using seasonal foliage, like eucalyptus or holly, to bring a fresh and natural element to your table.
- When it comes to styling the chairs, opt for simple wooden or linen cushions. These can add a cozy and inviting feel to your dining room.
- For a country or classic themed dining room, a designer style head can be a great addition. This can be made of wood or metal and can act as a focal point for the room.
With these simple and unfussy ideas, you can create a beautiful and cozy dining room that is perfect for hosting your Christmas dinner. Whether you prefer a minimalist approach or a more traditional style, there are plenty of options to choose from. So let your creativity shine and enjoy the process of decorating your dining room for this festive season!
21 Mix pink and green for a fresh feel
- Pairing pink and green is a wonderful way to create a fresh and vibrant atmosphere in your dining room during the Christmas season.
- The combination of these two colors brings a sense of nature and the outdoors, which works well with the cozy and warm weather of the holiday season.
- To create a tall and elegant centerpiece, start off by using a large vase or a glass jar.
- Fill the vase with fresh pink flowers, such as roses or peonies, and greenery, like eucalyptus or ferns, to add texture and depth.
- This combination of pink and green works beautifully with silver accents and touches of blue to create a classic yet modern Christmas theme.
- When placing pink and green decorations around your dining room, think about using a mix of textures and materials.
- For example, you could place a pink and green wreath on your front door or hang a garland made of pine branches intertwined with pink and green fairy lights.
- Consider foraging for greenery and berries in your garden or local park to create a more pared-back and natural look.
- In terms of table linens, make use of pink and green china or bold and vibrant patterns to add a colorful and festive touch to your dining table.
- Dressing up your dining room chairs with pink and green chair covers or cushions is another way to bring this color scheme to life.
- Don’t forget to add some nature-inspired elements to your table setting.
- You could use small potted plants as alternative centerpieces or place candlesticks with green taper candles down the middle of the table.
- Consider using pink and green color schemes when planning your Christmas menu as well.
- You could incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in these colors into your dishes.
- To create a more intimate and cozy atmosphere, dim the lights and use smart lighting options, such as hanging fairy lights or string lights in pink and green.
- For a last touch of fabulous, add scented candles in berry or green apple scents to fill the room with a delightful aroma.
By mixing pink and green in your Christmas dining room decor, you can create a fresh and invigorating atmosphere that breaks away from traditional red and green color schemes. It adds a unique touch to your home and makes the space feel bright and lively. So this holiday season, don’t be afraid to embrace new color combinations and bring a touch of whimsy to your Christmas festivities!
22 Introduce plenty of festive greenery
Add some magical touch to your Christmas dining room decor by incorporating plenty of festive greenery. Greenery is the perfect addition to create a festive and natural atmosphere in your dining space.
Start by using linen or seasonal tablecloths and napkins in shades of green. These linens will beautifully complement your Christmas decorations and set the tone for the festive season. In addition, you can also add greenery to your table settings by using fresh or artificial foliage as a centerpiece or as part of a decorative arrangement. This will bring a touch of nature indoors.
If you have a chandelier or pendant lights above your dining table, consider adding some greenery to them. You can wrap fairy lights and artificial greenery around the lights to create a magical and festive glow. To add a pop of color, you can also incorporate blooms and berries in shades of red, white, or pink.
Another way to introduce festive greenery is by styling your kitchen or dining room walls. You can hang wreaths made of fresh or artificial foliage, or create a gallery wall with framed botanical prints. These green accents will bring the holiday spirit to your dining space.
For a more traditional touch, you can use china or crockery with green patterns or accents. This will add a classic and timeless look to your Christmas table. If you want to go for a more bold and designer look, you can opt for green plates, bowls, or glasses that make a statement.
“Greenery can offer a fresh and lively look to your Christmas dining room decor,” says a designer. “It adds a vibrant and festive touch to the space.”
Don’t forget to bring the greenery to other areas of your dining room as well. You can use green garlands or wreaths to decorate the backs of chairs, or weave them around the arms of your chairs. You can also add small potted plants or a tall vase with fresh or faux greenery to create a focal point in the room.
A popular trend for this festive season is the use of battery-operated LED lights in greenery. These lights add a magical glow to your dining room and can be used throughout the space to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Whether you prefer a minimalistic approach or a more extravagant look, incorporating plenty of festive greenery into your Christmas dining room decor is a must. Create a magical and festive atmosphere that will wow your guests and make your dining space look stunningly beautiful.
23 Embrace a soft neutral palette
For those who prefer a more understated and elegant look, embracing a soft neutral palette can create a serene and sophisticated atmosphere in your dining room. This approach allows for a bright and white backdrop that complements any festive decorations you choose to add.
A well-lit room is essential to make the most of a soft neutral palette. Hang white candles or host them on candlesticks throughout the room to create a warm and inviting ambience. We’ve found that candlelight is a great way to set the mood for Christmas celebrations.
Inbox of different candle settings. Lead and glass candle holders are ideal for a pared-back dinner table, while tall candlestick holders make a bold statement against a neutral backdrop.
When it comes to table decor, use materials like linen and white dinnerware to complete the soft neutral palette. Plenty of classic glasses and decorative wreaths can be used as centerpieces, and even a chandelier can be adorned with pale and colorful ribbons to add a touch of festivity.
If you have a glass or white table-top, consider using battery-operated lights to create a magical glow. Place small trees or buckets filled with pale-colored flowers around the room to add depth and interest to the design.
Take inspiration from minimalistic interiors and keep the focus on a few key pieces. Use simple white chairs and muted table linens to create a cohesive look that embraces the soft neutral palette.
24 Try an alternative color combination
When it comes to Christmas dining room decor, many people automatically think of traditional red and green color schemes. While this classic combination is beautiful and timeless, there are countless alternative color palettes that can create a magical and unique setting for your holiday meals.
Incorporating an alternative color combination into your Christmas dining room decor can add a fresh and unexpected touch to your space. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- 1. Blue and silver: Create a winter wonderland theme by combining shades of blue with metallic silver accents. Use blue table linens, silver candle holders, and sparkling silver ornaments to bring this color scheme to life.
- 2. Rustic red and white: Embrace the cozy feel of a country Christmas with a color combination of rustic red and white. Wrap your dining chairs with red and white gingham fabric and use red berry wreaths to decorate the backs of the chairs. Fill tall buckets with white flowers and greenery for a simple yet stunning centerpiece.
- 3. Gold and black: For a sophisticated and glamorous look, try combining gold and black. Use gold table linens and black and gold dinnerware to create an elegant table setting. Complete the look with gold candlesticks and black velvet cushions for a touch of luxury.
- 4. Purple and silver: Add a regal touch to your dining room with a color combination of purple and silver. Hang purple and silver ornaments from your chandelier, and place tall silver candle holders on your table-top. Complete the look with purple linens and silver tableware.
- 5. Green and white: For a fresh and natural look, opt for a color combination of green and white. Use green table linens and white dinnerware to create a simple yet elegant table setting. Decorate with greenery and scented candles for a fragrant and inviting atmosphere.
- 6. Pink and gold: Create a feminine and whimsical Christmas dining room decor with a color combination of pink and gold. Use pink table linens and gold-rimmed glasses for a touch of elegance. Hang pink and gold decorations from your chandelier for a playful and festive touch.
These are just a few alternative color combinations you can try for your Christmas dining room decor. Don’t be afraid to get creative and mix and match colors to find a combination that works best for your style and taste. Whether you prefer a bold and daring look or a soft and romantic feel, there’s a color scheme out there that will complete your Christmas dining room scene.
In addition to the color scheme, don’t forget to decorate your dining room with other Christmas-themed elements. Hang stockings above a bench or fireplace, place a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in the corner of the room, and fill the air with the scent of mulled wine or spiced apple cider.
No matter what color combination or design you choose, the most important thing is to create a warm and inviting atmosphere where people can gather to enjoy good food and great company.
Want more Christmas decor ideas? Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest trends and tips delivered straight to your inbox. Happy decorating!
25 Welcome guests with a set menu
- Set the scene with bright and colorful pieces, such as gingerbread homes and oversized candlesticks.
- Use battery-operated candles for a safer alternative to traditional candlesticks.
- Choose pale and down-to-earth colors for a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Place glasses in a well-arranged manner, growing the anticipation of a delicious meal.
- If it has been a while since your last gathering, make sure to wash the glasses well before use.
- Add linen napkins in colorful hues to add a pop of color to your table.
- Place natural wreaths with berry and green foliage around the table as a centerpiece.
- Enhance the wreaths with ribbons for an added touch of elegance.
- Opt for battery-operated candlesticks, placing them strategically to create a magical ambiance.
- Try your hand at making gingerbread houses as a fun and decorative activity.
- Use silver candlesticks for a touch of elegance and sophistication.
- Place fresh flowers in oversized vases to create a bountiful and inviting table setting.
- Consider using alternative vases, such as mason jars or wine bottles, for a unique and rustic look.
- Make sure you have plenty of storage space for all your table linens and decorations.
- Add some twigs and branches to your wreaths for a more natural and organic feel.
- Once the table is set, gather around and embrace the festive atmosphere.
- Create a focal point with a tall centerpiece, such as candlesticks or a fabulous floral arrangement.
- Keep the overall decor pared-back and simple for a more elegant and refined look.
- Use woven placemats and napkin rings to add an extra touch of style to the table.
- Set the table with matching dinnerware and glassware for a cohesive and polished look.
- Finish off the table with some finishing touches, such as clusters of berries or pinecones.
- Add a touch of glow with the warm and flickering candlelight.
- Use festive linens, such as tablecloths and runners, to create a more cohesive and polished look.
- Arrange the chairs around the table to create a welcoming and inviting space.
- Make sure your table is well-stocked with plenty of wine glasses and water glasses.
- Once everything is set, sit back and enjoy the magical atmosphere you have created.
26 Make your table sparkle
When it comes to creating a magical Christmas dining experience, the table is the focal point. Using the right decorations and accessories, you can make your table sparkle and impress your guests. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use mulled colored glasses to add a festive touch to your table setting. The warm colors of red, green, and gold will create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Add a designer touch to your chairs by using cushions in festive colors. This simple addition can instantly transform the look of your dining room.
- Choose pared-back tableware and let the Christmas decorations take center stage. Simple white plates and silver cutlery will create an elegant backdrop for your festive feast.
- Add a touch of greenery to your table. You can use mini Christmas trees, garlands, or sprigs of holly to create a natural and festive look.
- Create a glowing ambiance by adding candles to your table. A chandelier or tall candlesticks can add a touch of sophistication, while small battery-operated candles can create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- Use emerald green napkins to add a pop of color to your table. The rich shade of green will complement the Christmas decorations and create a festive vibe.
- Spread some Christmas cheer with decorative table-top accessories. You can use silver or gold tree-shaped napkin rings, berry wreaths, or decorative chains to add a festive touch.
- Grow your own centerpiece by using a small Christmas tree as a base. Decorate the tree with ornaments, candles, or fairy lights to create a stunning focal point.
- Create a menu that reflects the festive season. Include traditional Christmas dishes that your family loves, as well as some new and creative additions.
By combining these inspirational ideas, you can create a Christmas dining table that sparkles and delights. Whether you love bold and eye-catching decorations or prefer a more subtle and elegant look, there are plenty of ways to make your table sparkle and set the mood for a festive feast. So, get creative and have fun transforming your dining room into a magical Christmas wonderland!
27 Fill your home with festive fragrance
Part of the brilliant host of Christmas traditions is the amazing smell that fills the air during the holiday season. Nothing quite sets the atmosphere like the warm and inviting scents of mulled wine and gingerbread. Plus, the smell of a fresh pine tree is the perfect addition to any Christmas decor scheme. Here are some ways to fill your home with festive fragrance:
- Place scented candles throughout your home. Choose candles with holiday-themed scents like cinnamon, vanilla, or evergreen. The flickering flames and pleasant aroma will create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Fill vases with fresh green twigs and branches. Not only will they add a touch of nature to your interior, but they will also release a lovely fragrance, especially if you choose branches from scented trees like eucalyptus or jasmine.
- Hang wreaths made from dried herbs and flowers. The combination of rosemary, lavender, and other fragrant herbs will fill your home with a delightful scent.
- Use scented oils or diffusers. Place them in various spots around your home to create a continuous and subtle fragrance. Choose scents like pine, cinnamon, or spiced apple.
- Make your own potpourri by drying citrus slices, cloves, and cinnamon sticks. Place them in bowls or small sachets and scatter them throughout your home.
- Wrap freshly baked gingerbread cookies in festive paper and place them in baskets or buckets. Not only will they be a tasty treat, but they will also fill the air with a delicious and unmistakable aroma.
- Simmer a pot of mulled wine or cider on the stove. The combination of spices and fruits will create a captivating scent that will spread throughout your home.
- Hang dried orange slices on your Christmas tree. The citrusy fragrance will mix with the pine scent, creating a unique and delightful aroma.
- Use scented drawer liners in your cupboards or closets. The fragrance will permeate your linens and clothes, making every morning feel like Christmas morning.
- Place scented sachets in your sock or gift drawers. The delightful smell will enhance the excitement of opening presents.
28 Add a feminine touch with delicate wintery fabric
If you want to create a fragrant and feminine atmosphere in your Christmas dining room, consider adding delicate wintery fabrics to your decor. This can be done in a variety of ways, from table linens to curtains and chair covers.
One simple idea is to wrap some delicate fabric around the back of a chair, like a scarf. This adds a touch of elegance and softness to the overall look of the room. You can use fabrics in different shades of pink or other pastel colors to create a romantic and feminine feel.
If you have a bench in your dining room, you can drape a piece of wintery fabric over it to create a cozy and inviting seating area. This works especially well if the fabric matches the curtains or other fabrics in the room.
A chandelier can also be decorated with delicate wintery fabrics. You can wrap chains of fabric around the arms of the chandelier, or hang small pieces of fabric from the bottom. This creates a beautiful and whimsical look that adds a touch of femininity to the room.
For the table, consider using a fabric tablecloth or a runner in a wintery design. You can also use fabric napkins and wrap them around the base of your glasses to add a festive touch. If you want to take it a step further, you can also use fabric to create small bows or rosettes to decorate the table.
In addition to fabric, consider adding other feminine touches to your Christmas dining room decor. For example, use colorful glassware and candle holders to create a bright and cheerful atmosphere. Fill the room with fragrant candles in various scents, like pine or cinnamon, to evoke the smells of the season.
Finally, don’t forget to incorporate some natural elements into your decor. Use greenery, like garlands and wreaths, to bring a touch of the outdoors inside. You can also decorate the table with small evergreen trees or single branches for a simple yet festive look.
By adding delicate wintery fabrics and other feminine touches to your Christmas dining room, you can create a magical and inviting atmosphere that is perfect for celebrating the holiday season with your loved ones.
29 Forage for festive decorations
When it comes to Christmas decorations, why not take a more natural and rustic approach? Foraging for festive decorations can add a unique touch to your holiday decor. Here are some ideas on how to incorporate foraged items into your Christmas dining room:
1. Garlands and Greenery
- Forage for branches, pine cones, and holly berries to create beautiful garlands and wreaths.
- Paired with fairy lights, these natural decorations will add a warm glow to your dining room.
2. Frosted Twigs and Branches
- Gather twigs and branches and give them a frosted look by spraying them with fake snow or white paint.
- These frosted accents will complement your natural greenery and give a wintery feel to your dining room.
3. Forage for Edible Decorations
- Take a culinary approach and forage for chrissie berries, rosemary, or other edible plants to use as decorations on your dining table.
- Not only will they add a festive touch, but they can also be used in your holiday cooking.
4. Simple Linens
- In addition to your foraged decorations, keep your table linens simple and pared-back.
- Choose neutral or earthy tones that will complement the natural theme.
5. Use Natural Materials
- Bring the outdoors in by using wood, twigs, and other natural materials as decorative elements.
- Consider using wooden place card holders, table-top trees made from branches, or bark-covered vases.
6. Add a Pop of Color
- If you love bright and bold colors, introduce pops of red, green, or gold to your dining room.
- Consider adding emerald green glassware, patterned napkins, or wrapping your chairs in festive fabric.
7. Battery-Operated Candles
- To create a cozy and warm atmosphere, place battery-operated candles around your dining room.
- They will provide a soft glow without the worry of open flames.
8. Symmetry and Balance
- To create a designer look, focus on symmetry and balance in your arrangement of foraged decorations.
- Place garlands down the middle of the table or hang them evenly on the walls.
9. Mix and Match
- Combine different textures, colors, and shapes to create a rich and layered look.
- Mix frosted twigs with fresh greenery, or pair wooden accents with silver glassware.
By foraging for festive decorations, you can create a cozy and natural atmosphere in your dining room. Whether you love a folksy and rustic style or prefer a simple and pared-back theme, there are plenty of options to choose from. So go ahead and explore your surroundings to find the perfect foraged decorations for your Christmas celebrations.
30 Add decorative swags to seating for a fabulous finishing touch
When it comes to Christmas dining room decor, there are endless ways to create a magical setting. One fabulous finishing touch you can add to your seating arrangements is decorative swags. These fragrant and large swags can be draped over the backs of chairs, adding a beautiful touch to your Christmas dinner.
In the interiors world, swags are often used to add a touch of elegance and luxury to any space. Of course, there are many ways to incorporate swags into your Christmas dining room decor. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- White swags: Pair a white swag with a simple and natural setting for a fresh and elegant look.
- Gingerbread swags: Made from gingerbread-shaped decorations, these swags will add a festive touch to your dining scene.
- Wood swags: Made from wood, these swags are perfect for a folksy and rustic Christmas setting.
- Glass swags: Decorated with glass ornaments, these swags will add a touch of sparkle to your dining room.
- Napkin swags: Wrap the napkins around the backs of the chairs with a decorative swag for an inspirational touch.
- Last-minute swags: If you don’t have time to make your own swags, you can easily purchase pre-made garland swags.
When it comes to decorative swags, the only limit is your creativity. Feel free to experiment with different colors, materials, and textures to create a unique and beautiful look for your dining room.
One great way to add a finishing touch to your swags is by incorporating candlelight. Candlesticks placed around the table will not only add a warm ambiance but will also highlight the beauty of the swags.
Remember, the swags are meant to enhance the overall Christmas dining experience. They should not overpower the other elements of your table setting, such as the china, glasses, and linens. Instead, they should complement these elements and create a cohesive and festive look.
With these decorative swags, your Christmas dining room decor will have that extra touch of elegance and charm. Your guests will be in awe of the beautiful and festive setting, and their appetites will surely be whetted as they sit down to enjoy your delicious holiday menu.
31 Decorate with touches of Arctic white
White is a classic color choice for Christmas decorations, and it can create a serene and elegant atmosphere in your dining room. By adding touches of Arctic white to your Christmas decor, you can infuse your space with a sense of winter wonderland magic. Here are some ideas on how to decorate with Arctic white:
1. White tablecloth and napkins
A white tablecloth and napkins are a simple and effective way to incorporate Arctic white into your dining room decor. Opt for crisp white linen for a sophisticated look.
2. White dinnerware
Using white dinnerware can create a clean and minimalist aesthetic that works well with any theme. It also allows the food to be the focus of attention.
3. Silver accents
Add touches of silver to your table to enhance the winter wonderland theme. Silver napkin rings, silverware, or a silver centerpiece will add a touch of elegance to your dining table.
Transparent glassware can add a touch of sparkle to your table. Use clear glass vases or glasses to hold flowers, candles, or other decorative elements.
5. White garlands
Hang white garlands around your dining room to add a festive touch. You can also drape them across your chandelier or surround doorways and windows with them for a magical effect.
6. White fairy lights
Add white fairy lights to your dining room to create a cozy and inviting ambiance. Hang them along the walls or drape them around your dining table for a beautiful glow.
Hang snowflake ornaments from your chandelier or scatter them across your table for a whimsical touch. You can also use snowflake decals on windows or walls.
8. White candlesticks
Add white candlesticks to your table for a classic and elegant touch. They will create a warm and inviting atmosphere for your Christmas celebrations.
9. White floral arrangements
Create stunning floral arrangements using white flowers. Arrange them in silver or glass vases for a sophisticated look.
10. White chair covers
Add white chair covers to your dining room chairs for a coordinated look. This will also protect your chairs from spills and stains during the festive season.
11. Gingerbread decorations
Decorate your dining room with gingerbread ornaments and figures. They will add a touch of sweetness and whimsy to your Christmas decor.
By incorporating touches of Arctic white into your dining room decor, you can create a magical and inviting space for your Christmas celebrations. Whether you prefer a classic or modern design, these ideas will help you create a festive atmosphere that will delight your family and guests.
32 Adorn your table with traditional festive shades
When it comes to Christmas dining room decor, incorporating traditional festive shades can instantly create a magical setting. By choosing rich, colorful colors like emerald green, pale gold, and deep red, you can evoke a warm and cozy atmosphere that perfectly captures the holiday spirit.
1. Set the stage with a little chandelier magic
If you have a chandelier in your dining room, then it’s the perfect finishing touch to create a fairy tale-like atmosphere. Dressing it up with some battery-operated fairy lights or colorful chains can add a festive twist, making it the centerpiece of the room.
2. Create a people-pleasing table centerpiece
A combination of different elements can create the ideal centerpiece for your Christmas dinner table. Try using a winter-themed decoration like a miniature Christmas tree or some folksy accents. Placing it above an elegant china dish with some fragrant candles can add a touch of sophistication.
3. Dress up the table linens
In addition to the centerpiece, the linens can play a crucial role in setting the festive atmosphere. Use bright and colorful tablecloths, napkins, and table runners in traditional holiday colors like red, green, and gold. These rich hues will complement the overall theme and create a visually appealing table setting.
4. Add some festive accents
Incorporating small accents can go a long way in enhancing the festive ambiance of your dining room. For instance, consider using traditional Christmas tree decorations, such as baubles, bells, or figurines as placeholders or scattered across the table. This adds a touch of whimsy and nostalgia to the setting.
5. Offer a winter-inspired drink station
In addition to the dinner table, creating a separate drink station can be a great way to add an extra festive touch. Set up a corner with glasses, mugs, and a selection of hot beverages like mulled wine or warm apple cider. Add some scented candles or a miniature winter-themed display to complete the look.
6. Decorate your dining room chairs
Don’t forget about the chairs! Adding some festive decorations to the chair backs can instantly transform your dining room. Consider tying ribbons, wreaths, or small clusters of mistletoe to each chair to create a cohesive and cheerful look.
7. Let nature inspire you
Bringing elements of nature into your dining room can add an organic and rustic feel to your decor. Pinecones, branches, or even small potted plants can be placed on the table or as part of the centerpiece. This not only adds visual interest but also creates a connection to the outdoors.
By following these tips and incorporating traditional festive shades into your Christmas dining room decor, you can create a magical setting that will whet people’s appetite and evoke the warm spirit of the holiday season.
33 Rearrange your display storage
If you have a collection of beautiful tableware and decorations, why keep them locked away in a cupboard when you can put them on display? In addition to creating a stylish backdrop for your Christmas dinner, showcasing your crockery and accessories can also whet the appetite and add a touch of elegance to the dining room.
One simple way to display your tableware is to hang them on the wall. Choose a wall with enough space and attach hooks or decorative chains to hang your plates, cups, and bowls. This not only adds a decorative touch but also makes them easily accessible during the meal.
If you have a country kitchen or a rustic-style dining room, wooden shelves or open cabinets can be a great alternative for displaying your collection. You can arrange your plates, bowls, and glasses in a visually pleasing way and create a beautiful backdrop for your dining table.
A table-top display is another creative way to showcase your crockery and decorations. You can create clusters of plates, bowls, and glasses in different sizes and heights to add visual interest to the dining table. Add some decorative items like candles, napkins, and small ornaments to complete the look.
For a more festive touch, consider using nature-inspired elements in your display. You can place pinecones, winter berries, or evergreen leaves alongside your tableware to create a rustic and fragrant atmosphere.
If you have a growing collection of tableware and decorations, it’s a good idea to invest in some display storage that can accommodate all your items. There are many smart and stylish storage solutions available, from glass cabinets to open shelves, that can help you keep everything organized and within reach.
Whether you choose to hang your tableware on the wall, display them on open shelves, or create a table-top arrangement, rearranging your display storage can make a big difference in your Christmas dining room decor. It not only adds a decorative touch but also showcases your collection in a beautiful and elegant way.
34 Create your own color scheme
When it comes to decorating your Christmas dining room, the color scheme you choose can make all the difference. According to interior design experts, creating your own color scheme allows you to add a personal touch to your dining room decor.
There are plenty of color combinations you can choose from, so don’t be afraid to get creative. Whether you want a classic Christmas look or something more modern, the possibilities are endless.
“When creating your own color scheme, it’s important to consider the overall design of your dining room,” says an interior design specialist. “You want to make sure the colors you choose complement the rest of the room.”
Published on our website, we have a combination of candlelight, silver, and pale blue decorations that create a magical setting. There are also tips on how to choose the ideal color scheme for your dining room.
When it comes to candlesticks, consider choosing ones in different shapes and sizes. Place them in the middle of the table or on a sideboard to add a touch of elegance. Silver candlesticks are especially festive and can be combined with other silver decorations.
For the table linens, consider using oversized napkins in a color that complements your chosen color scheme. This will create a dramatic effect and add a touch of luxury to your dining room.
You can also create a beautiful centerpiece by using vases filled with winter flowers or branches. Choose ones in colors that match your color scheme, or go for a more traditional look with red and green arrangements.
When it comes to the china and glasses, consider using ones in a color that complements your color scheme. This will add a touch of elegance and make your table setting look more cohesive.
If you like a more rustic look, you can use wooden decorations in shades of brown and beige. They will add a natural touch to your dining room and create a cozy atmosphere.
For a more festive touch, consider incorporating gingerbread decorations into your color scheme. Gingerbread men and houses can add a whimsical touch to your dining room and make it feel more like a winter wonderland.
When it comes to storage, it’s important to have a smart and organized system. You can use decorative baskets or boxes to store your Christmas decorations when they’re not in use. This will make it easier to find them next year and keep them in good condition.
Before you start decorating, it’s important to do some planning and think about the colors you want to use. Consider whether you want a more traditional look with red and green, or if you prefer a more modern look with non-traditional colors.
Remember, there’s no right or wrong color scheme. The most important thing is to choose colors that make you happy and create a festive atmosphere in your dining room.
35 Stretch out your serving spaces
If you’re planning on hosting a large dinner party for Christmas, you’ll need plenty of space to serve your guests. Creating additional serving spaces will not only make it easier for you to serve the food, but it will also add a decorative touch to your dining room. Here, we’ve gathered 35 brilliant ways to stretch out your serving spaces and create a magical setting for your Christmas feast.
1. Symmetry is key
When it comes to creating additional serving spaces, symmetry is very important. Place matching side tables on each side of your dining table, and decorate them with festive holiday decorations. This will not only provide extra space for food, but it will also create a beautifully balanced and visually appealing look.
2. Decorate each serving space
Don’t forget to decorate each serving space to make it look festive and inviting. Add a decorative tablecloth, festive placemats, and a centerpiece to each serving area. This will help create a cohesive and unified look throughout your dining room.
3. Say it with lights
Hang fairy lights above each serving space to add a touch of magic. These twinkling lights will create a warm and inviting atmosphere, and they can also serve as a stunning backdrop for your Christmas feast.
4. Choose a single menu
To keep things organized and streamlined, choose a single menu for all of your serving spaces. This will make it easier for your guests to navigate the different options, and it will also create a sense of unity and cohesion.
5. Use decorative vases and cushions
Add a flourish to each serving space by placing decorative vases filled with flowers or greenery. You can also add cushions to the chairs to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
6. Hang chains and ribbons
Hang chains and ribbons above each serving space to add a festive touch. You can choose traditional Christmas colors like red and green, or go for a more modern look with blue and silver.
7. Add a wood accent
Add a touch of warmth and rustic charm to each serving space with a wooden accent. This could be a wooden tray, a wooden sign, or even a piece of reclaimed wood used as a backdrop.
8. Keep it pale and pastel
To create a soft and ethereal look, choose pale and pastel colors for your serving spaces. Light blues, soft pinks, and mint greens will create a winter wonderland feel throughout your dining room.
9. Mix and match
If you like a more eclectic look, don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles and colors for your serving spaces. This can create a fun and playful atmosphere, and it will also give you the freedom to express your personal style.
10. Have alternative serving spaces
If you’re short on space, consider having alternative serving spaces outside of your dining room. This could be a buffet table in the living room, a bar cart in the hallway, or even a food station in the kitchen. This will help free up space in your dining room and create a more relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
With these 35 ways to stretch out your serving spaces, you can create a truly magical setting for your Christmas feast. Whether you prefer a traditional and elegant look or a more whimsical and folksy styling, there are endless possibilities to bring your vision to life. So get creative and have fun decorating your dining room for the most wonderful time of the year!
36 Play with natural symmetry
From materials to colors, planning your Christmas dining room decor can be a fun and creative process. One way to create a magical setting is by incorporating natural symmetry into your design.
- Hang lights above the dining table
- Use cozy and rich colors
- Add festive celebrations to each place setting
- Choose beautiful crockery and glassware
- Dress the table with bold and colorful decorations
- Focus on nature-inspired elements
- Add woven foliage and fabulous berry accents
- Pair classic white china with colored glassware
- Add a single centerpiece for a simple yet brilliant touch
- Create inspirational table-top settings
For a cozy and festive atmosphere, try hanging lights above the dining table. Use warm and rich colors like red, gold, and green to create a welcoming space. Add a touch of celebration to each place setting by incorporating small Christmas-themed items like ornaments or mini stockings.
When it comes to choosing crockery and glassware, opt for beautiful pieces that complement your overall decor theme. Consider using china with a simple yet bold design, paired with colored glassware for an elegant and eye-catching look.
In addition to traditional Christmas decorations, focus on nature-inspired elements. Add woven foliage and fabulous berry accents to bring a touch of the outdoors to your dining room. These natural elements will create a magical and inviting atmosphere for your guests.
For a classic and sophisticated table setting, use a single centerpiece as the focal point. This could be a stunning floral arrangement, a decorative bowl filled with ornaments, or a candle display. The simplicity of a single centerpiece will make a statement and add an elegant touch to your dining room.
Finally, create inspirational table-top settings by incorporating festive and seasonal elements. Consider using greenery, classic Christmas decorations, and winter-themed accents like gingerbread houses or wrapped presents. These little touches will whet the appetite for the festive celebrations ahead.
Whether you have a large dining room or a cozy kitchen space, playing with natural symmetry in your Christmas dining room decor is a sure way to create a magical and inviting atmosphere. So, gather some inspiration from these ideas and let your creativity run wild to design a space that will impress your guests and create unforgettable Christmas memories.
37 Give your festive decor fresh country feel
If you’re the host for Christmas and you have many people coming over, planning a warm and welcoming dining room decor is a must. This year, why not give your festive decor a fresh country feel? Here are 37 ideas to inspire you:
1. Rustic centerpiece
Instead of a traditional floral centerpiece, opt for a rustic arrangement of vases filled with clusters of greenery and bold red berries.
2. Natural materials
Choose natural materials like wood, twine, and burlap to create a rustic and cozy atmosphere.
3. White and green color scheme
Decorate your dining room with a white and green color scheme to evoke a fresh and wintery feel.
4. Oversized candlesticks
Add drama to your dining room table by using oversized candlesticks as a focal point.
5. Bench seating
If you have a large dining room table, consider adding a bench for additional seating. It adds a rustic touch and allows for more people to gather around the table.
6. Dressing up chairs
Wrap ribbons or greenery around the back of your dining room chairs to give them a festive and country-style makeover.
7. Cluster of candle holders
Create a beautiful display by grouping together different sizes and styles of candle holders on a sideboard or console table.
8. Scented candles
Choose scented candles that feature festive fragrances like cinnamon, pine, or cranberry to add a cozy ambiance to your dining room.
9. Paper decorations
Add a touch of country charm with paper decorations like snowflakes or stars hanging from the ceiling.
10. Classic chandelier
If you have a chandelier in your dining room, give it a festive makeover by adding greenery and hanging ornaments.
11. Emerald green accents
Incorporate emerald green accents into your dining room decor to add a rich and elegant touch.
12. Plenty of greenery
Add fresh greenery to your dining room table, mantlepiece, or sideboard for a natural and festive touch.
13. Summer greenery
If you’re celebrating Christmas during the summer, incorporate fresh summer greenery and flowers into your decor.
Create a sense of balance and harmony by arranging your dining room decor symmetrically.
15. Country-style table setting
Choose rustic table linens and country-style dinnerware to create a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
16. Bold patterns on bench cushions
Add a pop of color and pattern to your bench seating with bold and festive cushions.
Use plenty of candles to create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your dining room.
18. Rounded dining table
If you have a round dining table, embrace its shape by adding a round tablecloth and centerpieces.
19. Country-style accents
Incorporate country-style accents like vintage milk jugs or mason jars into your dining room decor.
20. Welcoming entrance
Create a welcoming entrance to your dining room with a festive wreath on the door and greenery draped along the staircase railings.
21. Cozy and warm lighting
Use warm-toned light bulbs or string lights to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere in your dining room.
22. Farmhouse style
Embrace farmhouse style by using galvanized metal buckets or planters as containers for your flowers or greenery.
23. Festive table runner
Dress up your dining room table with a festive table runner featuring holiday motifs or colors.
24. Vintage accents
Add some vintage charm to your dining room with antique candlesticks, plates, or silverware.
25. Coordinating napkins and napkin rings
Choose napkins and napkin rings that match your dining room decor for a coordinated and stylish look.
26. Country-style ornaments
Hang country-style ornaments from the branches of a potted Christmas tree in your dining room.
27. Freshly baked goods display
Create a display of freshly baked goods on a cake stand or tiered tray for a cozy and inviting touch.
28. Festive music
Play festive music in the background to set the mood and enhance the atmosphere of your dining room.
29. Personalized place cards
Create personalized place cards for each guest to add a personal and thoughtful touch to your dining room decor.
30. Mason jar vases
Use mason jars as vases for your flowers or greenery and tie them with twine for a rustic and country-style look.
31. Cozy blankets
Provide cozy blankets for your guests to wrap themselves in after the meal for a warm and inviting touch.
32. Hot drink station
Create a hot drink station with a festive kettle, mugs, and a selection of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate.
33. Country-style tableware
Choose country-style tableware, such as enamel plates or wooden serving bowls, to enhance the rustic and country feel of your dining room.
34. Natural Christmas tree
Instead of an artificial tree, opt for a natural Christmas tree to add an authentic and rustic touch to your dining room.
35. Outdoor-inspired decor
Incorporate outdoor-inspired decor into your dining room, such as pinecones, twigs, or antlers.
36. Coordinated color palette
Choose a coordinated color palette for your dining room decor to create a cohesive and polished look.
37. Storage solution
If you’re short on storage space, use decorative baskets or crates to store extra blankets, pillows, or table linens.
By incorporating these ideas, you can give your festive decor a fresh country feel that will delight both you and your guests.
38 Create an after-dinner treats area
After a delicious Christmas dinner, there’s always plenty of room for some festive sweet treats. Create a dedicated space in your dining room to display and enjoy these indulgent delights.
Start by adding some festive decorations to the area. Hang garlands or fairy lights above the treats table to add a magical touch. You can also incorporate other Christmas touches like emerald green or bright red accents to complement the overall festive theme.
If you have a country-style dining room, introduce rustic elements to decorate the treats area. Use twigs or branches to create a unique centerpiece for the table. Hang oversized ornaments or wreaths with wooden accents for a cozy and warm feel.
When it comes to the treats themselves, display them in a way that’s both visually appealing and easily accessible. Use different types of bowls, cake stands, and platters to create levels and add variety to the table. This will make the treats more enticing to your guests.
To add an extra festive touch, wrap some of the treats in colorful paper or place them in decorative boxes. You can also tie ribbons around jars or containers to make them look more festive.
While some treats are often served in their original packaging, styling them on a festive tray or plate can make them feel more special. Embrace the Christmas spirit and have fun with the presentation.
In addition to the treats, you can also create a cozy seating area near the treats table. Place a small table or coffee table with comfortable cushions and soft blankets. This will create a welcoming space for your guests to relax and enjoy their treats.
When it comes to setting up the after-dinner treats area, be creative and think outside the box. Use different colors, textures, and patterns for your linens and cushion covers to create an interesting and unique look. You can also mix and match china and glassware to add a touch of elegance to the table.
Remember to consider the practical aspects as well. Make sure there is enough storage space for all the treats and serving dishes. Keep a stash of extra napkins, plates, and utensils nearby to replenish the table when needed.
Creating a dedicated after-dinner treats area is a great way to extend the Christmas celebrations and make the dining experience even more memorable. Whether you’re hosting a formal dinner or a casual gathering, this addition will surely impress your guests and leave a lasting impression.
39 Pick a white Christmas for a Scandi feel
If you love the clean and minimalistic style of Scandi design, then a white Christmas theme is perfect for you. Keeping the color palette simple with whites, creams, and light neutrals creates a cozy and warm atmosphere.
To achieve this look, start by adorning your dining room with white blooms. They can be fresh flowers or faux arrangements, whichever you prefer. Place them in vases or hang them from the ceiling to add a touch of elegance.
For the dining chairs, opt for white or light-colored covers to enhance the overall Scandi feel. Adding cozy and warm blankets to each chair makes the seating area inviting and comfortable.
Take bright white or clear glassware and pair it with white or light-colored linens to create a cohesive look. This combination makes a statement while keeping the table setting simple and elegant.
Add a touch of coziness and warmth to your table with candlelight. Use white or cream-colored candles in various sizes and shapes to create a focal point. Of course, make sure to follow fire safety precautions and never leave candles unattended.
Incorporate woven and natural elements into your decor. A woven table runner or placemats add texture to the table setting, while natural wood bowls or trays can be used to display food or serve appetizers.
For a festive touch, create clusters of oversized white or light-colored Christmas ornaments and place them in the middle of the table. Paired with a green garland, this centerpiece adds a magical feel to the setting.
If you have a tall Christmas tree in your dining room, consider decorating it with white or colored lights and simple white ornaments. This will complement your white Christmas theme and create a cohesive look throughout the space.
If you love the smell of fresh pine, incorporate real branches or green garlands throughout your dining room. Place them on the table, hang them above the windows, or drape them down from the ceiling for a natural and fragrant touch.
To add more depth to your white Christmas theme, forage for berry branches or use white berry decorations. These can be placed in vases or added to the table setting for an extra touch of color.
If you have a bench in your dining room, don’t forget to decorate it as well. Add white or light-colored cushions or blankets to make it a cozy and comfortable seating area.
Overall, a white Christmas theme can create a peaceful and intimate atmosphere in your dining room. With plenty of white and light-colored elements paired with natural materials, your space will have a Scandi feel that is both stylish and inspirational.
40 Let nature feature at the dining table
Bringing elements of nature into your Christmas dining room decor is a great way to create a magical and organic setting. By incorporating natural elements, you can add a touch of freshness and elegance to your dining table. Here are 40 ways to let nature feature at the dining table:
- Create an oversized centerpiece using seasonal foliage and flowers. This will not only add height and drama to the table, but also serve as a beautiful focal point.
- Here’s a creative approach – use tree branches or offcuts as table runners. They offer a unique and rustic touch to your table design.
- Pair your classic white dinnerware with green and red accents like emerald glasses or red napkins for a festive touch.
- Spread some colorful cushions on your dining chairs to add comfort and style to the seating arrangements.
- Create symmetry by placing candlesticks of different heights on either side of the table. This will add a touch of elegance and balance to the overall look.
- Use garlands made of fresh or faux foliage to adorn the table. You can weave them along the center of the table or drape them over the edges.
- Hang chains of scented pinecones or ornaments above the table for a unique and fragrant decoration.
- Opt for a fabulous bench instead of traditional dining chairs for a more casual and cozy vibe. You can pair it with colorful cushions for added comfort.
- Incorporate natural materials like woven placemats or bamboo cutlery to enhance the organic feel of the dining table.
- Use glass hurricanes or votive holders filled with seasonal-themed items like pinecones or Christmas baubles to create a beautiful and festive centerpiece.
- For a unique and whimsical touch, place mini Christmas trees or potted plants in the center of the table. This will add a sense of freshness and bring the outdoors in.
- Create clusters of candles throughout the dining table. You can use different sizes and shapes to add interest and create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Decorate the back of each dining chair with a mini wreath or a sprig of fresh holly. This small detail will add a festive touch to the entire dining scene.
- Wrap your cutlery in simple brown paper and tie it with twine or ribbon. This will create a rustic and festive look while keeping things practical.
- Add pops of pink to your table decor with small floral arrangements or pink-themed accessories. This unexpected color choice will add a modern and playful touch.
- Use a classic white tablecloth as a base for your table decor. This will provide a clean and neutral backdrop for your festive decorations.
- Place scented candles around the dining table to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Choose seasonal scents like cinnamon, pine, or vanilla to enhance the Christmas ambiance.
- Opt for a long, rectangular wooden table instead of a traditional round one. This will create a more modern and unique look for your Christmas dining room.
- Add decorative accents like silver or gold chargers, napkin rings, or name card holders to elevate the overall look of your table.
- Fill empty spaces on the table with small decorative items like mini ornaments, pinecones, or small vases with fresh flowers. This will add texture and interest to the overall design.
- Create a menu card using a chalkboard or a small blackboard. This will not only inform your guests about the dinner course but also add a charming and personal touch.
- Use a mix of different textures and materials in your table decor. Combine smooth glassware with rustic wooden elements for a visually interesting and eclectic look.
- Place a large, colorful bowl of seasonal fruits or nuts in the center of the table. This will not only add a natural and organic element but also provide a healthy snack for your guests.
- Intertwine strings of fairy lights with the garlands or foliage on the table. This will create a magical and twinkling effect, perfect for a festive dinner.
- Add a touch of sparkle with glittery accents like sparkly placemats, or silver and gold ribbons tied around the backs of the chairs.
- Create a woodland-inspired centerpiece using pinecones, moss, and twigs. This natural and rustic arrangement will bring the charm of the outdoors inside.
- Use wooden crates or baskets as alternative serving trays or display stands. This will add an extra touch of rustic charm to your Christmas dining room.
- Display a mini Christmas tree on the table and decorate it with small ornaments, ribbons, and lights. This will create a whimsical and festive focal point.
- Add a touch of luxury with velvet or satin table runners or napkins. These rich and opulent materials will instantly elevate the look and feel of your dining table.
- Hang a wreath made of seasonal foliage and berries above the dining table. This classic and timeless decoration will bring a sense of tradition and elegance to your Christmas dining room.
- Place small votive candles in glass jars filled with sand or decorative stones. This will create a cozy and warm glow, perfect for a cozy Christmas dinner.
- Use a mix of different chair styles and designs for a unique and eclectic look. Pair vintage chairs with modern ones to create an interesting and visually appealing seating arrangement.
- Create name cards for each guest using sprigs of fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme. This decorative detail will add a fresh and aromatic touch to the dinner table.
- Create a winter wonderland effect by adorning the table with silver or white accents. Use silver chargers, white plates, and sparkly snowflake-shaped decorations for a magical scene.
- Hang a chandelier or a cluster of pendant lights above the dining table. This will create a sense of drama and provide ample lighting for the Christmas dinner.
- Use bold and vibrant colors like red, green, or gold for your table decor. These classic Christmas colors will instantly create a festive and joyful atmosphere.
- Take the lead from nature and use organic materials like branches, leaves, or dried flowers to create a unique and DIY-inspired centerpiece. This will add a personalized touch to your Christmas dining room.
- Use a mix of different tableware designs and patterns. Combining classic white plates with patterned bowls and colorful glassware will create an eclectic and visually interesting table setting.
- Place fresh flowers in small vases or jars along the center of the table. Opt for seasonal blooms like poinsettias or amaryllis for a festive touch.
- Add a touch of whimsy with Christmas-themed paper straws or cocktail stirrers. This small detail will add a festive and playful touch to your dining table.
- Add a touch of glamour with silver or gold accents throughout your table decor. Use metallic candle holders, napkin rings, or charger plates for a luxurious and elegant look.
With these 40 ways to let nature feature at the dining table, you can create a magical and enchanting Christmas dining room that will impress your family and guests. Let your creativity flourish and create a festive scene that is both visually stunning and inviting.
41 Entertain in style
When it comes to entertaining during the Christmas season, setting the right ambiance is key. With the right colored table settings and decorations, you can create a magical scene that will leave your guests in awe. Here are 41 ways to entertain in style this Christmas:
- Start by planning your color scheme. From traditional red and green to more unconventional colors like pink and emerald, choose a theme that suits your style.
- Use cushions in festive colors and materials to add a cozy touch to your dining space.
- Hang a garland above the dining table as a focal point. You can choose from different types of garlands, such as ones made with greenery or ones adorned with colorful decorations.
- Create an intimate atmosphere by lighting candles throughout the room. Opt for oversized candle holders or trading regular candles for festive ones.
- Add small decorations to your dining table, such as miniature Christmas trees or small buckets filled with ornaments.
- Create a warm and inviting seating area by adding cushions and throws to a bench or chairs.
- If you have a fireplace in your dining room, decorate it with garlands and candles to add an extra touch of magic.
- Choose glassware and crockery that matches your Christmas theme. You can opt for patterned china or elegant white pieces.
- Add accents of greenery throughout the room, such as foliage and vases filled with fresh flowers.
- Introduce pops of color with wine glasses and vases in different shades.
- Use large chains of lights to decorate the walls or hang them from the ceiling for a fabulous effect.
- Place a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in the corner of the room. This will be the centerpiece of your Christmas celebrations.
- Use oversized ornaments and decorations to make a statement in your dining room.
- Set the table with festive tablecloths, napkins, and place settings.
- Add a touch of sparkle with silver or gold accents.
- Display your wine collection with a stylish wine rack or storage solution.
- Create a cozy corner with a comfortable armchair and a side table for drinks and snacks.
- Use candles in different heights and sizes to create a dynamic and inviting atmosphere.
- Hang wreaths on the back of chairs or on the walls for an extra festive touch.
- Use metallic candle holders and vases for a touch of glamour.
- Hang fairy lights or string lights above the dining table to create a magical ambiance.
- Use silver or gold chargers under your plates for an elegant touch.
- Set up a hot chocolate station with a variety of toppings and flavors.
- Decorate the ceiling with hanging ornaments or snowflakes for a whimsical touch.
- Add a touch of luxury with velvet or satin ribbons in your decorations.
- Hang personalized stockings on the mantel or chairs for each guest.
- Set up a buffet table with different types of food and drinks for your guests to enjoy.
- Showcase your favorite Christmas decorations on a beautifully styled shelf or mantlepiece.
- Create a festive centerpiece for your dining table using candles, greenery, and ornaments.
- Use white tablecloths and linens for a classic and elegant look.
- Set up a dessert bar with a variety of sweet treats and desserts.
- Place small vases filled with flowers or foliage in the middle of the table.
- Use mismatched china and glassware for a quirky and eclectic look.
- Create a cozy corner with a snug rug and floor cushions for extra seating.
- Add a touch of glamour with chandeliers or pendant lights above the dining table.
- Use metallic accents throughout the room, such as gold or silver candle holders.
- Hang a festive banner or garland with a holiday message.
- Create a magical scene by placing fairy lights in glass jars or lanterns.
- Add a touch of luxury with velvet cushions or throws.
- Set the mood with scented candles in festive fragrances.
- Display your favorite Christmas cards on a stylish card holder.
- Create a festive bar area with a variety of drinks and mixers.
With these 41 entertaining ideas, you can create a stylish and magical Christmas dining room that will impress your guests and make for unforgettable celebrations.
What can I put on my dining room table for Christmas
If you’re wondering what to put on your dining room table for Christmas, we’ve got you covered. While bringing in festive colors and decorations is a great way to set the scene, the dining table is the centerpiece of the room and deserves special attention. Whether you want to create a cozy and warm atmosphere or a colorful and lively scene, here are some inspirational ideas to help you decorate your dining table for the holiday season.
1. Table garland:
Use a garland made of fresh or artificial greenery and drape it along the center of the table. You can also add some glass baubles or nature-inspired ornaments for an extra touch.
2. Glass table-top decorations:
Place glass ornaments or festive figurines directly on the table for a touch of elegance. You can mix and match different shapes and colors to create a beautiful display.
3. Placing linen:
If you’re using a tablecloth or table runner, choose one in classic Christmas colors like red or green. You can also opt for a more neutral linen with subtle holiday patterns.
4. Ideal crockery:
Choose crockery with Christmas motifs or in seasonal colors to add a festive touch to your dining table. Mix and match different designs for a playful look.
5. Year-round tableware:
If you prefer a more subtle approach, use your year-round crockery and add Christmas-themed accessories to spice things up. Blue and white china, for example, can be dressed up with red and green accents.
6. Fairy lights:
Hang fairy lights above your dining table for a magical touch. They will create a cozy and warm atmosphere that your guests will love.
7. Tall twigs:
Take some oversized twigs from your garden or buy artificial ones and place them in a tall vase as a centerpiece. You can hang small ornaments or fairy lights on the branches for an extra festive touch.
Use candles of various sizes and shapes to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Place them in candle holders or directly on the table, and don’t forget to light them up once your guests arrive.
9. Wine glasses with ribbons:
Add a festive touch to your wine glasses by tying ribbons around the stems. You can use different colors to match your color scheme.
10. Upholstered chairs:
If you have upholstered dining chairs, consider choosing a fabric with a Christmas pattern or color scheme. It will add an extra touch of holiday cheer to your dining room.
By using these tips and exploring your own creativity, you can create a magical and festive dining table that will impress your guests and make your Christmas celebrations memorable.
Can I put my Christmas tree in the dining room
When planning your Christmas decor, don’t forget about your dining room. The dining room is a perfect space to introduce the magic and charm of the winter holiday season.
Using materials that evoke the rich and cozy scenes of Christmas can transform your dining room into a festive wonderland. You can start by hanging chains of bright fairy lights from the ceiling or along the walls for a folksy and welcoming ambiance.
Setting the table with festive tableware and adding a bench with matching cushions can be the ideal combination to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. If you have a designer chandelier in your dining room, you’re in luck. You can wrap it in garlands of greenery and hang ornaments for an enchanting effect.
Don’t forget about the centerpiece of the dining room – the Christmas tree. Placing a Christmas tree in the dining room can add an extra touch of magic to your celebrations. Whether you choose a real or artificial tree, the shape and design of the tree can be a reflection of your style.
Bringing nature inside is a simple way to create a festive atmosphere. Use branches, twigs, and other foliage to fill vases and decorate the dining table. You can also hang ornaments or fairy lights from the branches for a touch of sparkle.
Creating symmetry is also important when decorating your dining room. Hang stockings or napkins in pairs, place matching ornaments on the table, and ensure that the space feels balanced.
While the dining room may not be the traditional spot for a Christmas tree, it can be a beautiful and practical choice for many families. The tree can serve as the focal point of the room, creating a welcoming and warm atmosphere for everyone.
When it comes to Christmas decorations, the key is to let your creativity shine. Think outside the box and mix traditional and modern elements to make your dining room truly unique.
Remember to have fun and enjoy the process of decorating for the holidays. With the right combination of Christmas tree, table decor, and festive lights, your dining room can become a magical space that will make every meal feel like a celebration.
So, go ahead and bring your Christmas tree into the dining room – it’s a brilliant way to make your holiday celebrations even more special.