Moving clothes from one home to another can be a daunting task, particularly when it comes to organizing and transporting garments that are hanging in your wardrobe. But fear not, there are ways to make this process simpler and more efficient. Whether you’re moving to a new house or just going on a quick trip, these expert tips and space-saving ideas will help you breeze through the task of moving your clothes on hangers.
One common challenge when moving clothes on hangers is the risk of them getting tangled or wrinkled during transport. This is where the expert advice of Amy Berryhill, a professional organizer, comes in handy. She explains that using multiple boxes to pack your hanging garments can help keep them organized and prevent any damage. You can even label each box with the specific clothing items it contains for easier unpacking later.
“Having a direct plan and labeling your boxes with the clothing items inside will make the packing and unpacking process a lot simpler,” says Berryhill.
If you’re moving homes, leaving your clothes on hangers can even save you time and effort when it comes to unpacking. Instead of having to individually fold and place each garment into drawers or shelves, you can simply transfer them from the boxes into your new wardrobe, saving you valuable time and energy.
Alternatively, if you’re just going on a quick trip and don’t want to deal with multiple boxes, there is another easy solution. Simply leave your clothes hanging in the wardrobe, and then group them together by attaching them with a rubber band or a garment bag. This way, you can easily transport them without the risk of them getting tangled or damaged.
Even if you’re not moving, there are still benefits to keeping your clothes on hangers. This makes it easier to see and access your garments, allowing you to quickly find the items you need. Plus, it helps you save space in your wardrobe, as hanging clothes take up less space than folded ones.
In conclusion, moving clothes on hangers doesn’t have to be a hassle. With the help of expert advice and simple organization tools, you can make the process of moving or packing for a trip much easier. Whether you choose to use multiple boxes or leave your clothes hanging together, these tips will ensure that your garments arrive at their new destination wrinkle-free and ready to wear.
How to move clothes on hangers
Moving houses or going on a trip can be stressful, especially when it comes to packing your clothes. One of the best ways to simplify the process and save space is to move your clothes on hangers. This method not only makes it easier to transport your garments, but it also ensures they stay wrinkle-free and ready to wear.
If you’re leaving for a trip and want to pack quickly, moving your clothes on hangers can be a time-saving technique. Instead of folding and packing each garment, you can simply transfer them from your wardrobe directly onto hangers, making it a breeze to unpack at your destination. This method is particularly helpful if you’re staying at a hotel or an Airbnb where you can hang your clothes.
For a space-saving solution, you can even leave some of your clothes on hangers in your own closet. By organizing your wardrobe in this way, you’ll have more privacy and can easily access your favorite clothes without having to dig through boxes or drawers.
But how do you move your clothes on hangers without them getting tangled or damaged? Here are some expert tips:
- Group similar items together: To make unpacking a simpler task, group your clothes together by type or outfit. For example, hang all your tops in one section, dresses in another, and so on. This not only saves time but also allows you to find what you need more quickly.
- Label your clothes: Use labels or garment bags to identify your clothes. This makes it easier to locate specific items when you’re unpacking or rummaging through your closet.
- Use a wardrobe box: Wardrobe boxes are specially designed for moving hanging clothes. They come with built-in rods, so you can hang your clothes directly inside. This eliminates the need to fold or roll your clothes, ensuring they stay in good condition throughout the move.
- Secure your clothes: To prevent your clothes from sliding off the hanger during transport, consider using rubber bands or garment clips. These small items can make a big difference in keeping your clothes neatly hung.
- Ask for professional help: If you’re unsure about how to move your clothes on hangers, reach out to professional movers for advice. They have experience in handling clothing and can provide you with personalized tips.
By following these simple steps, you can make moving clothes on hangers a breeze. Whether you’re relocating to a new house or going on a trip, this space-saving and time-saving technique will ensure your clothes arrive in excellent condition and are ready to wear.
1 Bunch hangers together and use a garment box
While most people think of hangers as a tool for organizing clothes in a closet, they can actually be quite helpful when moving or packing for a trip. Whether you’re moving to a new home or simply going on a quick trip, having a simple method for transporting your clothing can make the process much simpler and more organized.
Even the most organized individuals can feel overwhelmed when it comes to packing clothes, especially when they are hung up in a wardrobe. Clothes on hangers can easily become tangled and take up more space than necessary. That’s where the idea of bunching hangers together and using a garment box comes in handy.
When you bunch hangers together, it helps to create a more compact and space-saving way to transport your clothes. Instead of having multiple garments jutting out in different directions, the hangers are condensed and can be easily packed into a box or bag. This not only helps to save space during a move or packing for a trip but also keeps your clothes organized and free from wrinkles.
One expert in clothing organization, Amy Berryhill, explains that having a designated garment box can make all the difference when it comes to moving or packing for a trip. She suggests using a sturdy box with dividers, which can help to keep your clothes separate and prevent them from becoming tangled. Alternatively, if you don’t have a garment box, you can also use a large plastic bag or even a bedsheet to wrap your hung clothes, which will still provide some protection during transport.
Another benefit of using a garment box or alternative method is the added privacy it offers. During a move, you may have movers or other people in and out of your home, and having your clothes neatly packed in a box can provide a sense of privacy and protection. Additionally, when packing for a trip, using a garment box can ensure that your clothes are neatly organized and protected from any spills or damage that may occur during transportation.
Labeling the box or bag is also a common practice and allows for easy identification of your clothes when unpacking. You can use a simple labeling system, such as writing down the type of clothing or even the specific outfits inside the box. This will help you locate items more quickly when you are in a hurry or don’t want to unpack everything at once.
In conclusion, when it comes to moving or packing for a trip, using hangers and a garment box or alternative method can help simplify the process and keep your clothes in good condition. Whether you’re organizing your clothes at home or on the go, this space-saving trend is a great way to keep your wardrobe intact and make the most of your available space. So, why not give it a try and see how it can help make your next move or trip a breeze?
2 Wrap your hanging clothes in a heavy-duty trash bag
If you’re an expert at packing, you know that finding the most efficient way to transport your clothes is crucial. Having your clothes on hangers can be tricky when it comes to moving or packing for a trip. Luckily, there is a simple and space-saving solution for this common problem.
An expert in packing, Amy Berryhill, explains that wrapping your hanging clothes in a heavy-duty trash bag is a great idea. This technique helps to keep your garments organized, protected, and even saves space.
Here’s how to do it:
- Gather your hanging clothes that you want to move or pack.
- Take a heavy-duty trash bag and cut a small hole at the bottom.
- Starting from the bottom, slide the trash bag over your clothes, allowing the hangers to poke through the hole.
- Once your clothes are inside the bag, tie the bottom of the trash bag securely to keep everything in place.
- If you have multiple hanging clothes, you can repeat this process with each bag.
- Alternatively, you can use twist ties or rubber bands to secure the tops of the trash bags around the hangers.
- If you want to make unpacking even simpler, you can label each bag with a tag indicating the contents, such as “Dresses” or “Jackets”.
When it’s time to move, you can transport your wrapped hanging clothes like any other item. Movers or yourself can easily carry them without worrying about the clothes getting tangled or falling off the hangers.
This technique is particularly helpful when you’re moving homes or going on a quick trip. Instead of taking each clothing item off the hanger and folding them into suitcases or boxes, you can simply hang them in the trash bags and transport them as they are.
Using this space-saving method not only saves you time and effort but also reduces the chance of wrinkling or damaging your clothing during transportation.
So, next time you need to pack your hanging clothes, remember Amy Berryhill’s advice and wrap them in a heavy-duty trash bag. This handy tip can make moving or packing for a trip a breeze, while keeping your wardrobe organized and your garments in perfect condition.
Published on July 15, 2021.
3 Use heavy-duty hangers to ensure they remain sturdy during the move
When it comes to moving clothes on hangers, particularly during a house move or a quick trip, using heavy-duty hangers can make a significant difference. These sturdy hangers can leave you with peace of mind, knowing that your clothes will stay in place and remain organized throughout the entire transporting process.
Having heavy-duty hangers, like Amy’s Berryhill Heavy-Duty Hangers, can help support your garments and prevent them from getting tangled. These hangers are designed to handle the weight of multiple clothing items without bending or breaking, making them ideal for simplifying your move.
Amy, an expert in organizing and moving clothes, explains the benefits of using heavy-duty hangers in her published article on Lancaster Direct Home & Gardens. She suggests that using these hangers can help maximize space and make the process of packing and unpacking a breeze.
One common idea when using heavy-duty hangers is to label them with the name of the specific room they belong to. This practice can be helpful when movers are helping you transport items into your new home, as they can easily identify which room each garment should go to. Additionally, it makes it easier to locate specific garments when you’re in a rush.
Furthermore, using heavy-duty hangers can help you save space in your closet or wardrobe. Since these hangers are sturdier and can support more items, you can hang multiple clothing items on each hanger. This space-saving strategy not only makes your closet more organized but also leaves you with additional space for other items.
To ensure that your clothes remain sturdy during the move, make sure to use heavy-duty hangers and avoid using lightweight or flimsy ones. Investing in these hangers will help protect your clothes from getting damaged or wrinkled while being transported.
4 Label your boxes or bags to make unpacking simpler
When you’re moving house or going on a trip, having your clothes on hangers can make the whole process much simpler. But once you’ve packed your hanging garments into boxes or bags, how do you know what’s inside each one? That’s where labeling comes in. Follow these tips to make unpacking a breeze!
- Use clear labels: Make sure your labels are clear and easy to read. You can use adhesive labels or simply write directly on the boxes or bags with a marker.
- Categorize your clothing: Label your boxes or bags based on the types of garments inside. For example, you could have separate labels for tops, pants, dresses, etc.
- Label by room: If you’re moving house, label your boxes or bags based on the rooms they will go in. This will make unpacking and organizing your new home much easier.
- Include a brief description: It’s a good idea to include a brief description of the items inside each box or bag. For example, “summer dresses” or “winter sweaters”. This will help you locate specific items more quickly.
By labeling your boxes or bags, you’ll save time and effort when it comes to unpacking. You won’t have to open every box or bag to find what you’re looking for – simply read the labels and direct the movers or place them in the appropriate rooms. This simple step can make a big difference in making your move or trip more organized and efficient!
5 Declutter before you pack
Before you start packing your clothes on hangers, it’s a good idea to declutter your wardrobe and get rid of any items you no longer wear or need. This will not only help you save space while moving but also make it easier to organize your clothes in your new home.
Here are some tips for decluttering your wardrobe before packing:
- Sort through your clothes: Take the time to go through each item in your wardrobe and decide whether you want to keep it or not. Ask yourself if you have worn it in the past year and if it still fits you well. If not, consider donating or selling it.
- Organize your clothes: Group similar items together, such as tops, pants, dresses, and jackets. This will make it easier to see what you have and help you decide what to keep and what to let go.
- Label your clothes: If you have multiple homes or frequently travel, label your clothes with the name of the home or city they belong to. This will help you keep track of your clothes and avoid leaving anything behind.
- Consider space-saving solutions: Use space-saving hangers or garment bags to maximize the space in your wardrobe. These can help keep your clothes organized and prevent them from getting tangled during the move.
- Get expert advice: If you’re having trouble deciding what to keep and what to let go, consider asking for advice from a professional organizer or a friend with a keen eye for fashion. They can provide valuable insights and help you make tough decisions.
By decluttering your wardrobe before packing, you’ll be able to streamline the moving process and have a simpler time unpacking in your new home. So, take the time to go through your clothes and leave behind the items that no longer serve you. You’ll thank yourself later!
Q: How can I simplify the process of moving clothes on hangers?
A: Moving clothes on hangers can be made simple by using space-saving techniques. One common advice is to leave clothes on hangers and transport them directly from one closet to another. This saves time and effort of packing and unpacking clothes, while also keeping them organized.
Q: Can I use garment boxes for moving clothes on hangers?
A: Yes, using garment boxes is a great option for moving clothes on hangers. These boxes have a metal bar that allows you to hang your clothes, just like you would in a wardrobe. This makes it easier to transport multiple garments at once, while keeping them wrinkle-free.
Q: How do I label clothes on hangers during a house move?
A: To label clothes on hangers, you can use tags or labels with the name of the garment or a brief description. This helps to identify specific items when unpacking. Alternatively, you can also use color-coded labels for different categories of clothing, making it even simpler to organize your wardrobe.
Q: Can I hang clothes on hangers while packing for a quick trip?
A: Absolutely! Hanging clothes on hangers makes it easier to select and organize your outfits for a quick trip. You can simply transfer the hung clothes from the closet to your luggage, keeping them wrinkle-free and ready to wear.
Q: How can I make moving clothes on hangers a breeze?
A: An expert tip for making moving clothes on hangers easier is to use plastic wrap. Amy’s Moving Supplies, a company specialized in helping with house moves, suggests wrapping a large section of hanging clothes in plastic wrap. This keeps the clothes secure and prevents them from falling off the hangers during transport.
Q: What should I do with multiple hangers labeled the same way?
A: If you have multiple hangers labeled the same way, you can group them together by tying a string or ribbon around the hooks. This makes it easier to identify sets of clothes and keeps them organized.
Q: How can I save space in my wardrobe while packing for a trip?
A: When packing for a trip, you can save space in your wardrobe by using vacuum-sealed bags or rolling your clothes. This compresses the garments and allows you to fit more items in the same space.
This article was published on Berryhill House Trends in July and was written by Lancaster. The expert advice was provided by Amys Moving Supplies, a direct expert in helping with house moves and organizing items.
How do you store hangers smartly
If you’re looking for smart ways to store hangers and keep your wardrobe organized, here are some helpful tips:
- Label your hangers: To make unpacking and organizing easier after a move, consider labeling your hangers. You can use sticky notes or small labels to indicate which garments should go on each hanger.
- Use space-saving hangers: Opt for slim and non-slip hangers, like velvet hangers, to maximize space in your closet. These hangers also prevent your clothes from slipping off.
- Hang multiple items: Save space by hanging multiple garments on one hanger. You can use cascading or multi-tiered hangers to hang multiple items like skirts, pants, or scarves.
- Organize by clothing type: Sort your clothes by type (e.g., shirts, dresses, pants) and hang them in separate sections of your wardrobe. This makes it easier to find what you need and keeps your closet looking tidy.
- Consider folding some items: While hanging clothes is a common practice, not all garments need to be hung. T-shirts, sweaters, and jeans can be folded in drawers or neatly stacked on shelves.
- Store hangers in a separate box: When moving or decluttering, pack your hangers in a separate box to keep them organized. This way, you can easily unpack them and start hanging your clothes without wasting time searching for hangers.
- Make use of wall space: If you have limited closet space, consider using wall-mounted racks or hooks to hang coats, bags, or hats. This helps free up space in your wardrobe.
- Get creative with alternative storage ideas: You can repurpose items like ladders, shower curtain rods, or hanging planters to hang clothes or accessories. It adds a unique touch to your space while providing additional storage options.
- Follow expert advice: If you need more tips and advice on organizing your wardrobe, consult experts or read articles published by organizing professionals. They can provide valuable insights and help you make the most of your closet space.
By following these smart storage techniques, you can simplify the task of storing hangers and keep your clothes well-organized, whether you’re moving, decluttering, or simply trying to maximize space in your home.
What are the most space-saving hangers
When it comes to packing and moving clothes, having the right hangers can make the entire process much simpler. In fact, using space-saving hangers can help you save a lot of space in your wardrobe, making it easier to transport your garments from one place to another.
One of the most common types of space-saving hangers is the Amy’s Breeze Hangers. These hangers are designed in a way that allows you to hang multiple items on a single hanger. They have a special design that keeps your clothing organized and prevents them from getting tangled while you move.
The Lancaster Expert Hangers are another great option for those looking for space-saving hangers. These hangers are designed to take up less space in your wardrobe, allowing you to fit more clothing into a smaller area. They are made of durable materials and can hold even heavy garments without bending or breaking.
If you prefer a more direct approach to saving space, the Berryhill Easy Hangers might be the right choice for you. These hangers are designed to help you easily hang your clothes in less time. They have a unique design that allows you to slide your garments onto the hanger without having to worry about them slipping off.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more simple and traditional option, the Eden’s Closet Basic Hangers are a great choice. These hangers are made of high-quality materials and have a classic design that makes them a timeless option for organizing your wardrobe. They are sturdy enough to hold heavy clothing items and can be easily transported without any issues.
Overall, there are many space-saving hangers available on the market to help make your move or trip packing easier. Whether you prefer multi-purpose hangers, compact designs, or traditional options, you can find the perfect hanger that suits your needs.